• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is overachiever/underachiever for your team this season?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey is doing what he does, he's not over achieving. I guess I could say one of our young DE's over achieved or Jones our rookie S/CB, but their too young to know what we have in them

Collins is a beast. I'd say for an undrafted rookie, he has been our overachiever.

Under is either Dez or Beasely

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: This goes to Devante Adams by a landslide. The guy was hyped up as a God by Rodgers and tubby Mike just like J. Finley and like Finley he choked away his potential. He's been injured, dropped two potential game winning TD's complains to refs, doesn't get open, sloppy routes and is one of the leaders in drop % in the NFL.

Dishonorable mentions: Eddie Lacy, WR corps, Josh Sitton (penalties), Nate Palmer

Overachiever: Peppers! I didn't expect the terminator to still destroy QB's but approaching double digit sacks for the season he's proven me wrong.

Honorable mention: Sam Shields, Rollins, Randall, and Ryan

OA-Brandon Williams and Kamar Aiken...although they were expected to do well, they have both played better than anticipated...
UA-Jimmy Smith....after getting a big contract, he seemed to have gone on a bread diet because he was toasted all yr long....a shut down corner last yr to weak #2 this yr....

But the biggest UA of all has been Dean Pees his pants in the 4th qtr....He has to go !!!!
But on the only bright side, man are we gonna get some good players in this yrs draft,
Ray Lewis, JO caliber ......:whoo:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overachiever: Fitzpatrick. He's already thrown more than 100 more passes than last year and completed 70 more than last year (13 games this year to 12 from last year). He's limited his mistakes and has managed the games nicely despite throwing more than I though he would.

Underachiever: Richardson. Even after coming back from the 4 game suspension because he just had to smoke weed enough to get caught 5 times he's been bad.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overachievers:

Dion Lewis
Logan Ryan
Malcolm Butler
David Andrews
Shaq Mason

Underachievers:

Roger Goodell
Ted Wells
HammerDown

also

Marcus Cannon
Scott Chandler

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: Andre Ellington. Dude can't stay on the field.

Overachiever: Carson Palmer coming off surgery now playing like an MVP.

He'll get the comeback POY award for sure. I believe Scam will win the MVP though.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: I can agree with Adams, another for me is R. Rodgers (outside of Lions game). More was expected of these two this year and really not seeing that 2nd year jump (other than maybe R. Rodgers better blocker). Mashtay punting better as of late, but early/mid season he was on the hot seat... still not his same old self from a few years ago.

Overachiever: Agree on Randall, has played exceptional for rookie, also like D. Jones on DL (finally took a step). Tretter has been excellent at center with Linsley out. ST´s is no brainer... Janis is great on the punt coverage, he is flying down the field.

Yeah, if it wasn't for the Hail Mary I would've placed Rodgers on the list as well. Janis has to be on the pro bowl team for SPT's this season. Honestly the Dal game was better than any SPT's games I've witnessed from Jarred Bush who was an excellent SPT's player. Some other underachievers this year have been Hyde and Hayward. Tackling has been solid but they give up too many receptions and Hyde is the worst punt returner in the NFL right now.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna be the party pooper and say: "Too early to tell." Admit I have been deliberating about precisely the point in question.
:heh:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get the comeback POY award for sure. I believe Scam will win the MVP though.
LOL, what's the deal with "scam" moniker. He may think he's Superman, but he ain't no scam.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overachiever: Baldwin & Lockett
Underachiever: Kam (Holding out 2 weeks followed by being useless for his first week back)

If Williams & Michael were still on the team, it would be them.

And just like that Christine Michael gets a chance to totally redeem himself!

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if it wasn't for the Hail Mary I would've placed Rodgers on the list as well. Janis has to be on the pro bowl team for SPT's this season. Honestly the Dal game was better than any SPT's games I've witnessed from Jarred Bush who was an excellent SPT's player. Some other underachievers this year have been Hyde and Hayward. Tackling has been solid but they give up too many receptions and Hyde is the worst punt returner in the NFL right now.

Heyward definite underachiever agreed

Hyde I still like, been playing hurt, lower round draft pick and decent punt returner.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes:

Under: Brandon Fusco. Before the season started we had our best two OL go down as it turns out for the year with injury and, Kalil, at LT was coming off a disastrous 2014 season. In that situation Fusco, who is on a pretty expensive contract for a guard, was supposed to be our de facto best OL because of all this. And instead he has been just as bad, if not worse, than everyone else along the OL.

Dishonorable mentions:
Teddy B - Was supposed to take the next step in developing into a legit starting QB. Still way too many completely inept performances.

Over: Adrian Peterson. This is a 30 year old RB coming off a full season off. Know one knew exactly what to expect. And IMO this is damn close to being his finest season. If our OL wasn't a dumpster fire early on in the season, Peterson might be pushing for another 2000+ yard season. Early on there was never any holes and always was a couple of unblocked defenders stalking Peterson as soon as he was handed the ball. There were games where he had zero chance on 90% of his runs to gain any yards. But on the handful of well blocked plays, Peterson would always get his. His vision and his cutting ability is better this season at 30 than it has ever been in his illustrious career.

Honorable mentions:

Linval Joseph. Would have been my #1 if not for being out with an injury the last couple of weeks. Best DT season the Vikes have seen since Phat Pat Williams.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overachiever: Reshad Jones. 125 tackles, 5 INTs, 2 sacks, and 2 defensive TDs. He's been arguably the best safety in the league all year long. I love this guy and hope he stays a Dolphin his entire career.

Underachiever: Ryan Tannehill. 22 TDs is completely unacceptable considering how the Dolphins run the offense. Tannehill will be around 600 attempts by season's end. He's been VERY average all year long, and has regressed quite a bit. I'm losing faith in him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under...ditto.

To be fair on Shark...idk if under really fits. They moved up to get this kid in like the 3rd round so the expectations could not have been too high. I think they simply missed judged his talent...Dri Archer kinda fit this role as well.

Over...AB, Williams definitely. DWill might be the best FA signing of the year to be honest....league wide.

He hasn't played well enough consistently to be an over achiever, but Ross Cockrell signed off the scrap heap...logging starter mins basically as a rookie often taking the the WR1.
Just read a story not too long ago that had Tyrod Taylor as the #1 FA pickup of the 2015 season, with D-Will as the 2nd best. Not sure I agree with that. Given Taylor's inconsistencies I don't know how they could pick him over D-Will. It's probably because D-Will wasn't the starter for the entire season. But every game he has started, he's been pure fire.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: Ryan Tannehill. 22 TDs is completely unacceptable considering how the Dolphins run the offense. Tannehill will be around 600 attempts by season's end. He's been VERY average all year long, and has regressed quite a bit. I'm losing faith in him.

I don't watch a lot of Dolphins football so I'm curious. What is it you think is the fundamental problem? Arm strength? Decision making? Situational awareness? It seems like he has been on the cusp of being quite good is whole career but can't get out of average.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overachievers:

Dion Lewis
Logan Ryan
Malcolm Butler
David Andrews
Shaq Mason

Underachievers:

Roger Goodell
Ted Wells
HammerDown

also

Marcus Cannon
Scott Chandler

Can't find one player on the Patriots that you think isn't playing as well as you expected?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't find one player on the Patriots that you think isn't playing as well as you expected?

What do you mean by that question?

You quoted a post in which I listed two players as underachievers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by that question?

You quoted a post in which I listed two players as underachievers.

Actually I missed that. My bad. Never heard of Cannon. I didn't think people ever expected much from Chandler.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I would put Rodgers as an underachiever for this season. Not all the blame for the lack of production falls on him with ineptitude at WR, O-line injuries, and worst play calling since Mike Sherman over a decade ago.

A new overachiever I would like to add is Jeff Janis. Even with his pedestrian WR #'s he's been one of the better gunners in the league with speed, beating two players on press, timing and solid tackles. If Jarred Abbedaris (SP?) stayed healthy and received more playing time he would be an overachiever as well with perfect routes, and great hands