• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who had a great draft?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns, Atlanta, Raiders and TB had good drafts. I think a lot of teams did well.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Texans' draft. Too bad they don't have a QB, but that defense will be scary. I think the Niners did very well. We stole Johnson from the Bills, gave up a 4th next year which Baalke recouped from the Broncos. Love the Ward, Hyde, and Martin picks. Hopefully a couple of the DB's will develop and eventually start in 2015.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust Ted Thompson, thought Green Bay addressed their needs quite well. I was hoping to land either Nix in the third, he went two picks away or Niklas in the second , he went one pick ahead of us but either way I like our players and seldom do I second guess Thompson, I think he's one of the better GMs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strategically, I really like the Texans, Rams, Raiders, Vikings, and Browns and probably in that order. I don't like what the Jags or Bills did. Especially the Bills.

Texans and Raiders are stocked up on great players and have a QB that they can try out (Carr, guy from Pitt). Both teams might be more than one year out and if they are then they'll take one of the top 4 QB prospects next year...all of which might have more upside than this year's crop. I know people say that every year but its probably true in this case. Texans are in an odd position where FA might be their best bet next year if their team does well.

Browns went full on future mode with Manziel who isnt ready and no WRs. I could see them playing Hoyer for the first half of their season and just giving Manziel some occasional action. I do think Gilbert was a reach, though, but they got to take advantage of the Trent Richardson trade AND the Sammy Watkins trade. Eventually their picks will pay off.

Its not hard to imagine the Rams finishing in 4th place in the NFC West again and if that happens, they'll draft Bradford's replacement next year. If their improvements pay off then Bradford is the long term guy. They are in a good spot in terms of talent but the wrong division in terms of measuring progress.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars had the best draft.

Bortles was my #2 QB
Lee I think can be a Kendall Wright
Robinson can be a better Crabtree
Storm Johnson is a potential feature back in the NFL (Was a 7th rounder??)
Telvin Smith looks like a special teams ace

Bortles alone is enough to validate anyone's draft. I'm happy for the Jags. Gus Bradley and Bortles is a really good combo but they still need to get some beef up front.

I've been very frustrated with the Titans drafts for several years now (last year was above-average). But this year was the best I can ever remember. The only way I could be happier is if we had gotten Blake Bortles. The guy is going to be a top 5 QB in this league.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like what the Jags or Bills did. Especially the Bills.

Like I said before, they got some weapons but they mortgaged way too much to get it. It's got to work this season. I just don't like the risk they took, but I do understand it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles alone is enough to validate anyone's draft. I'm happy for the Jags. Gus Bradley and Bortles is a really good combo but they still need to get some beef up front.

I've been very frustrated with the Titans drafts for several years now (last year was above-average). But this year was the best I can ever remember. The only way I could be happier is if we had gotten Blake Bortles. The guy is going to be a top 5 QB in this league.
I might be discounting the ability for the Jags to be absolutely terrible next year and then trade down (while stockpiling picks) when someone (maybe ironically the Rams) wants Winston or Mariota.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Was your OT situation that much of a pressing need?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was your OT situation that much of a pressing need?

No, it wasn't. Our GM has already said Roos will start Week 1. But Lewan is capable of playing any spot on that line other than C. What other team in the league is stacked at LT? I love the pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans, Raiders, Vikings, Jags, Browns, and Niners. Rams were doing O.K. until they laid a really big turd in the 7th round.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, it wasn't. Our GM has already said Roos will start Week 1. But Lewan is capable of playing any spot on that line other than C. What other team in the league is stacked at LT? I love the pick.

Warmack, Oher, I don't know about Levitre, but drafting a guard so high would not be in your best interests.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

What's the point in being stacked at LT? Are you going to line up Lewan right behind Roos? It's like the Lions drafting a QB at 10 and bragging about being stacked at QB. You either end up playing the rookie elsewhere, or he sits on the bench.

If it were WR, CB or DL it would have made sense because there's plenty of opportunity to get players at those positions on the field regardless of what you already have there, but LT?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point in being stacked at LT? Are you going to line up Lewan right behind Roos? It's like the Lions drafting a QB at 10 and bragging about being stacked at QB. You either end up playing the rookie elsewhere, or he sits on the bench.

If it were WR, CB or DL it would have made sense because there's plenty of opportunity to get players at those positions on the field regardless of what you already have there, but LT?

So you'd say top-notch LT's are easy to come by?

It's virtually a skill position. Lewan is capable of playing either OG or OT positions and will probably be with this team for many season. Yes, I love the pick. My top choices were Bortles or a DE/DT to compliment Jurrelle Casey but a dominant LT will never hurt my feelings.

Ask Philip Rivers how he liked playing half his career with a bum at LT.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

He may not have been a good blocker, but he should get a pass for convincing Ray Farmer to draft Jonny Manziel.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So you'd say top-notch LT's are easy to come by?

It's virtually a skill position. Lewan is capable of playing either OG or OT positions and will probably be with this team for many season. Yes, I love the pick. My top choices were Bortles or a DE/DT to compliment Jurrelle Casey but a dominant LT will never hurt my feelings.

No, I wouldn't say top notch LT's are easy to come by. I would say you don't need two of them, because there is never a point at which you will line up two players at LT for one play. You're happy with drafting a (potentially) dominant LT when you already had a dominant LT.

It doesn't matter that it's "virtually a skill position" (no it's not). I didn't realize the Titans were so set across the board that a potential OG/backup LT 11th overall. Particularly a guy who last played guard. . . when exactly? But now you have a backup LT. That's going to be way more valuable to the team than, say, a WR like Odell Beckham, or a DT like Aaron Donald, or a CB like Kyle Fuller.

Depth at LT is way more important than guys that will actually get on the field and play the position they played in college.

The fact that you say your top targets were Bortles or a DL, and Aaron Donald went two picks later makes me think you either hated Donald, or are trying very hard to talk yourself into Lewan simply because he's a very good player.

Just as the Packers would have been crazy to draft Bridgewater.

As for Philip Rivers playing with a bum at LT, I didn't realize you guys were lining up a bum at LT. I thought Roos was, you know, good.

Bison645

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Louis- I thought they avoided being cute, and went straight for needs.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keith Reaser was a KR for FAU...liking him even more now

In 2013 he had 1 KR for 18 yards vs. Miami. No PRs.

In 2012 he didn't return any kicks. (He had 3 PRs for negative 8 yards with a long of 2)

In 2011 he had 4 KRs for 82 yards. A long of 40 on his first return of the season. No PRs.

In 2010 he didn't have any KRs or PRs.

(Redshirted in 2009)

---

In 4 years he had only 5 KRs for 100 yards with a long of 40. As much as I know, I really don't know how much he practiced returning during the week in each year so it's quite possible he has extensive practice returning kicks but he does not have extensive game action as a returner.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2013 he had 1 KR for 18 yards vs. Miami. No PRs.

In 2012 he didn't return any kicks. (He had 3 PRs for negative 8 yards with a long of 2)

In 2011 he had 4 KRs for 82 yards. A long of 40 on his first return of the season. No PRs.

In 2010 he didn't have any KRs or PRs.

(Redshirted in 2009)

---

In 4 years he had only 5 KRs for 100 yards with a long of 40. As much as I know, I really don't know how much he practiced returning during the week in each year so it's quite possible he has extensive practice returning kicks but he does not have extensive game action as a returner.

Thanks for that info Pozz. I'm interested in Ellington's numbers. I know he was the back up PR. It seems like most people think he's going to be returning kicks this year.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers, Kiper gave us the #1 spot