• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you think would have made playoff

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do. Know why? Cuz emerging from the SEC with one or no losses is more difficult that doing so in the Big 12 and I mean no disrespect to that particular conference because I think it's one Hell of a conference.

Let me ask you this. Tragedies, and short weeks, and all that other stuff included..........could you ever in a million years see that Bama team walk into Ames, Iowa of all places and lose to that shitty Iowa State squad that won two other Big 12 games all season long? I mean could you really? I suppose anything is technically possible but I sure as Hell couldn't.

In 2011 Bama didnt play UGA or USCe ( the top 2 teams in the East ), their crossover games were Tennessee, Vandy and Florida ( a combined 6-18 in SEC play ) in the West the Tide lost to LSU and beat a good Arkansas team. Their other 3 wins in SEC play were Ole Miss, Miss State and Auburn ( also a combined 6-18 in SEC play ). That means 6 of their 7 league wins were vs teams with a combined 12-36 SEC record... 3 of their 4 OOC games were vs Ga Southern, Kent State and North Texas. The Tides 2nd best win of the year came over an 8-4 Penn State team that didnt even win their division in a weak ass B10. So youre telling me THAT schedule was tougher than OK States that year and it was "tougher" to only lose 1 game for Bama than it was for OK State who beat 4 10 win teams and 7 8 win teams?? OK State beat 7! teams that had a equal to or better than record of Bamas 2nd best win... Get real man. Bama SOS at 26 that year was a joke they won 9 games vs bad teams, 1 vs an OK team and beat 1 good team. 1. 1 good team and they LOST vs the team ahead of them.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK State lost on the ROAD to a bowl team on a short week AFTER their game was rescheduled because their classmates and friends died in a plane crash the night before. Bama lost at HOME in a game where they had every chance to win and blew it. OK State played a MUCH better schedule, beat the better teams and won their conference title. Bama had their shot and blew it, they were rewarded with another shot and took advantage . Kudos on that but they never should have been there. Their resume wasnt as good period. It just wsnt. If it would have been Mississippi State at 11-1 with their one loss coming at home to LSU that year do you honestly think that the Bulldogs would have been in the title game ahead of OK State?? Be honest. Not a shot in the world.

Thank you for the perfect argument as to why we don't need more than 4 teams.

#2 has been debatable a handful of times. 4 teams covers that mess of the 3rd team that may or may not have been included.

Just last year, the #5, #6, #7, and #8 teams ranked in the final BCS poll were Stanford, Baylor, Ohio State, and Missouri.

Does anybody, other than homers, conference homers, and those begging for more football to be played while they watch the games on their barcalounger think ANY of those teams deserved a shot last year?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK State lost on the ROAD to a bowl team on a short week AFTER their game was rescheduled because their classmates and friends died in a plane crash the night before. Bama lost at HOME in a game where they had every chance to win and blew it. OK State played a MUCH better schedule, beat the better teams and won their conference title. Bama had their shot and blew it, they were rewarded with another shot and took advantage . Kudos on that but they never should have been there. Their resume wasnt as good period. It just wsnt. If it would have been Mississippi State at 11-1 with their one loss coming at home to LSU that year do you honestly think that the Bulldogs would have been in the title game ahead of OK State?? Be honest. Not a shot in the world.

The only reason OSU was conference champions is because Iowa St wasn't good enough to win the conference. That was a conference loss. But their records were so bad, they weren't in contention. If Iowa St had been a decent team, they would have won the conference over Oklahoma St.

With LSU, they were a good team, so that conference loss did matter for conference champion. If Alabama had lost to Miss St rather than LSU, Alabama would have been conference champions the same as OSU.

So "conference champion" doesn't mean shit to me. It would seem losing to the worst team is better than losing to the best team by such standards.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it is worthless. I guess that is why you personally calculate it. Thanks again.

So the answer is no you do not at all understand.

Clue: Every formula calculates it and the ranks themselves are always just the order of the results. In most cases, you can see the actual results to the side.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011 Bama didnt play UGA or USCe ( the top 2 teams in the East ), their crossover games were Tennessee, Vandy and Florida ( a combined 6-18 in SEC play ) in the West the Tide lost to LSU and beat a good Arkansas team. Their other 3 wins in SEC play were Ole Miss, Miss State and Auburn ( also a combined 6-18 in SEC play ). That means 6 of their 7 league wins were vs teams with a combined 12-36 SEC record... 3 of their 4 OOC games were vs Ga Southern, Kent State and North Texas. The Tides 2nd best win of the year came over an 8-4 Penn State team that didnt even win their division in a weak ass B10. So youre telling me THAT schedule was tougher than OK States that year and it was "tougher" to only lose 1 game for Bama than it was for OK State who beat 4 10 win teams and 7 8 win teams?? OK State beat 7! teams that had a equal to or better than record of Bamas 2nd best win... Get real man. Bama SOS at 26 that year was a joke they won 9 games vs bad teams, 1 vs an OK team and beat 1 good team. 1. 1 good team and they LOST vs the team ahead of them.

Bama beat a "good" Arkansas team? Don't you mean an Arkansas team that finished in the top 5 in the nation even after getting destroyed by the Tide by 24?

OK State's schedule was decent. I'll give them that, they played three EOY ranked teams in the regular season, none of them ranked in the top 12 by the way. Bama played two teams that finished in the top 5 and took a LSU team that looked absolutely lights out all season to OT.........until they played them a second time and beat the dog out of them. And I'm sorry, but I keep coming back to this. OK State lost to the 6-7 Iowa State freaking Cyclones. I cannot forgive them for that loss. It's not a bad loss. It's a horrific loss.

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma 12-1
Texas 11-1
Florida 12-1
USC 11-1

Just missed

Texas Tech 11-1
Utah 12-0
Alabama 12-1
Boise St 12-0
Penn St 11-1
Isn't this the year TTU beat Texas? How could Texas be ahead of them? How could Texas be ahead of Bama or Penn State or even Utah?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this the year TTU beat Texas? How could Texas be ahead of them? How could Texas be ahead of Bama or Penn State or even Utah?

Same year Texas beat OU, how could OU be ahead of Texas?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama beat a "good" Arkansas team? Don't you mean an Arkansas team that finished in the top 5 in the nation even after getting destroyed by the Tide by 24?

OK State's schedule was decent. I'll give them that, they played three EOY ranked teams in the regular season, none of them ranked in the top 12 by the way. Bama played two teams that finished in the top 5 and took a LSU team that looked absolutely lights out all season to OT.........until they played them a second time and beat the dog out of them. And I'm sorry, but I keep coming back to this. OK State lost to the 6-7 Iowa State freaking Cyclones. I cannot forgive them for that loss. It's not a bad loss. It's a horrific loss.

This is off. At the time of the decision, Bama lost to BCS #1 LSU and beat #7 Ark. OSU had beaten 3 top 20 teams in the BCS poll.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 team playoff is the best possible choice

top 2 teams get a bye

can use all BCS bowls and Cowboys Stadium

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is off. At the time of the decision, Bama lost to BCS #1 LSU and beat #7 Ark. OSU had beaten 3 top 20 teams in the BCS poll.

Yep. And zero of those teams OK State played were in the top 10 heading into bowl season and not one of them finished in the top 10 at the end of the year either.

And once again..........lost to 6-7 Iowa State while Bama lost to the undefeated and #1 team in the country by a field goal in OT. Bama's in, OK State is out for that humiliating loss. Case closed.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

top 2 teams get a bye

So, if I'm the 3 seed, I need to travel and win 3 weeks in a row (or 3 weeks over whatever timeframe you decide) after likely already playing in a conference championship game in order to win a national title?

Which means my fans and team need to travel for 4 weeks to be crowned champs? Damn, I hope they don't force ticket sells upon my team for all those appearances.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And zero of those teams OK State played were in the top 10 heading into bowl season and not one of them finished in the top 10 at the end of the year either.

And once again..........lost to 6-7 Iowa State while Bama lost to the undefeated and #1 team in the country by a field goal in OT. Bama's in, OK State is out for that humiliating loss. Case closed.

I don't get the loss thing. Really does not make sense. So if OSU played the same schedule and lost KSU and beat ISU they are in. Losing to 7-6 team and beating a 10 win team proves you are not worthy. Conversely losing to a 10 win team and beating a 7 win team proves you are worthy. I guess that means if Bama beat LSU and lost to Ole Miss, it would prove they were not good enough to play LSU in the NC game.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if I'm the 3 seed, I need to travel and win 3 weeks in a row (or 3 weeks over whatever timeframe you decide) after likely already playing in a conference championship game in order to win a national title?

Which means my fans and team need to travel for 4 weeks to be crowned champs? Damn, I hope they don't force ticket sells upon my team for all those appearances.

What do they do in D2 football and NFL? What about the NCAA basketball tournament? NBA playoffs? College World Series? High school football playoffs?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the loss thing. Really does not make sense. So if OSU played the same schedule and lost KSU and beat ISU they are in. Losing to 7-6 team and beating a 10 win team proves you are not worthy. Conversely losing to a 10 win team and beating a 7 win team proves you are worthy. I guess that means if Bama beat LSU and lost to Ole Miss, it would prove they were not good enough to play LSU in the NC game.

If Alabama had beat LSU and lost to Ole Miss then Alabama would have been the conference champion and this topic would likely be about how LSU got in over OSU.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they do in D2 football and NFL? What about the NCAA basketball tournament? NBA playoffs? College World Series? High school football playoffs?

Awesome.

So if I want to follow my team as a #3 seed to a National Title I have to pay for 4 weeks of travel to watch my team in person along the way?

Any, or much less all, of the examples you gave does not require 4 weekends of travel.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome.

So if I want to follow my team as a #3 seed to a National Title I have to pay for 4 weeks of travel to watch my team in person along the way?

Any, or much less all, of the examples you gave does not require 4 weekends of travel.

I really don't get the issue. It is done in pretty much every other sport in the world. Are CFB significantly poorer than NFL fans? NBA?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

top 2 teams get a bye

I have always favored a large format with Byes and home field advantage. I believe that preserves the integrity of the season best. I like 14 with too 2 getting byes. First 2 rounds are played at home fields of higher seeds. Final four on neutral site, but I am open to 3 rounds of home games.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome.

shouldn't it only be 3 weeks?

round of 6
round of 4
final game