• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you think would have made playoff

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is. When challenged you resort to playing in the sandbox. It was pretty simple statement. OSU was passed over, despite the same record and a higher SOS. I simple showed that the system did not factor SOS and Bama was making the NC game, regardless if they won or lost the LSU game. There were no comments that Bama did not belong in the game. It was a discussion on the system. You take it personally and start getting all juvenile. That result is not completely unexpected given your past.

It's been explained to you over and over. If you haven't gotten it figured out by now, then you are either an ignorant retard who is incapable of grasping that there is more than 1 or 2 factors involved, or you are just in denial.

If you ever decide it's within your brain capacity to allow for more factors, let me know.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been explained to you over and over. If you haven't gotten it figured out by now, then you are either an ignorant retard who is incapable of grasping that there is more than 1 or 2 factors involved, or you are just in denial.

If you ever decide it's within your brain capacity to allow for more factors, let me know.

Damn, you are a whiney little ****

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to stop responding to you, you are killing my SoS.

It is just funny. You claim SOS was not overlooked by saying "worst loss", which is an admission that SOS was overlooked. Or my favorite SOS was not overruled, because other factors were looked at. Again meaning people thought other factors were more important. Your logic is amazing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is. When challenged you resort to playing in the sandbox. It was pretty simple statement. OSU was passed over, despite the same record and a higher SOS. I simple showed that the system did not factor SOS and Bama was making the NC game, regardless if they won or lost the LSU game. There were no comments that Bama did not belong in the game. It was a discussion on the system. You take it personally and start getting all juvenile. That result is not completely unexpected given your past.

Be careful, he'll threaten to never post here again........................and then he'll keep posting here.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just funny. You claim SOS was not overlooked by saying "worst loss", which is an admission that SOS was overlooked. Or my favorite SOS was not overruled, because other factors were looked at. Again meaning people thought other factors were more important. Your logic is amazing.

SoS was not overruled. If the gap in the SoS had been great, then OSU would have went. But when the difference in SoS is so small, then umm yeah, it was not a big factor, other things were.

Again, not that hard to understand.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoS was not overruled. If the gap in the SoS had been great, then OSU would have went. But when the difference in SoS is so small, then umm yeah, it was not a big factor, other things were.

Again, not that hard to understand.

So now the gap was not wide enough. Again an admission that OSU had a higher SOS, but did not get in. Basically your argument is "I am right, because it continue to type loudly that you are right"

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like how they were deciding the SEC division champions. Well, usually overall record is the thing that decides who is the division champion. In the case of a tie, it then goes down to head to head record. In the case of a 3 way head to head tie where each team beats each other, it went to the BCS rankings.

Claiming overall record didn't matter in deciding who the division champion was because it came down to a 3 way tie and went to the BCS rankings to decide, doesn't mean that the overall records and head to head match ups were meaningless. It doesn't mean they were overlooked, it doesn't mean they were overruled and it doesn't mean the goal posts were changed. Because if it had been clear cut before the BCS rankings, they would have been used.

Same thing here. The differences in SoS were so small, that it came down to other factors. That doesn't mean SoS doesn't matter. It means it came down to other factors. If it had been a huge gap in SoS, the OSU would have went and the other factors wouldn't have mattered. Wasn't the case.

How is that too complicated to understand?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What damn difference does the teams name mean?

And this is the main reason a selction committee is a bad idea. People are ALWAYS going to care about the names. A 11-1 Alabama is going to the playoff over an 11-1 Baylor EVERY TIME even if they didnt play as good of a schedule. Its the same reason that including human polls in the BCS was a terrible idea. People cant help but be swayed by names and conference affiliation even if the "name" team doesnt deserve it as much as the no name team

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Alabama lost too, at home, and didn't win their conference. You are ignoring that. I'm not saying Oklahoma St was the better team that year, I don't believe they were to be honest. I'm just trying to show you that the powers that be moved the goalpost on their narrative from years past. It was a David v. Goliath situation for Oklahoma St. They never stood a chance against Alabama in a PR war.

I am. Plus they played the better schedule and were the more deserving team. BUT a voter is going to see Alabama and just assume they played a better schedule than OK State ( ior whoever ). Same thing applies if Ohio State is 11-1 and goes ahead of 11-1 Washington State or if Texas is 11-1 and goes ahead of 11-1 North Carolina etc etc. A playoff is a GREAT idea, having people pick it is NOT. It works in CBB because 68 teams make it so name recognition isnt really too big of a concern. In CFB where 4 teams out of 120+ make it it is a HUGE concern.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like how they were deciding the SEC division champions. Well, usually overall record is the thing that decides who is the division champion. In the case of a tie, it then goes down to head to head record. In the case of a 3 way head to head tie where each team beats each other, it went to the BCS rankings.

Claiming overall record didn't matter in deciding who the division champion was because it came down to a 3 way tie and went to the BCS rankings to decide, doesn't mean that the overall records and head to head match ups were meaningless. It doesn't mean they were overlooked, it doesn't mean they were overruled and it doesn't mean the goal posts were changed. Because if it had been clear cut before the BCS rankings, they would have been used.

Same thing here. The differences in SoS were so small, that it came down to other factors. That doesn't mean SoS doesn't matter. It means it came down to other factors. If it had been a huge gap in SoS, the OSU would have went and the other factors wouldn't have mattered. Wasn't the case.

How is that too complicated to understand?

Whatever. OSU was 5 and Bama was 26. That was too close. We get it. You just can not admit you are dead wrong. This is like your earlier statement that 2011 LSU/Bama was the game of the century, because so much was on the line. It was so huge the loser went to the BCS NC game. I am trying to figure out if you are serious or just trolling.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. Plus they played the better schedule and were the more deserving team. BUT a voter is going to see Alabama and just assume they played a better schedule than OK State ( ior whoever ). Same thing applies if Ohio State is 11-1 and goes ahead of 11-1 Washington State or if Texas is 11-1 and goes ahead of 11-1 North Carolina etc etc. A playoff is a GREAT idea, having people pick it is NOT. It works in CBB because 68 teams make it so name recognition isnt really too big of a concern. In CFB where 4 teams out of 120+ make it it is a HUGE concern.

Completely agree. If OSU had "OU" on their helmet they likely get in. When controversy brews it is generally decided in a manner where the good old boys benefit. Nebraska over Oregon. Bama over OSU. USC/OU over Auburn.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK State lost to 6 and 7 Iowa State who won two other Big 12 games that season. Bama lost to undefeated and at the end of the regular season #1 LSU by a field goal in overtime. That's all you need to know. Case closed. Bama should have been in there under the old format after everyone else choked it away. OK State should not have. They had their chance and they blew it against a pathetic team.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK State lost to 6 and 7 Iowa State who won two other Big 12 games that season. Bama lost to undefeated and at the end of the regular season #1 LSU by a field goal in overtime. That's all you need to know. Case closed. Bama should have been in there under the old format after everyone else choked it away. OK State should not have. They had their chance and they blew it against a pathetic team.

That is fine, but then say my eyeballs tell me Bama was better and I do not care that OSU played a harder schedule. Argument is not who was better, but simply SOS was ignored.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK State lost on the ROAD to a bowl team on a short week AFTER their game was rescheduled because their classmates and friends died in a plane crash the night before. Bama lost at HOME in a game where they had every chance to win and blew it. OK State played a MUCH better schedule, beat the better teams and won their conference title. Bama had their shot and blew it, they were rewarded with another shot and took advantage . Kudos on that but they never should have been there. Their resume wasnt as good period. It just wsnt. If it would have been Mississippi State at 11-1 with their one loss coming at home to LSU that year do you honestly think that the Bulldogs would have been in the title game ahead of OK State?? Be honest. Not a shot in the world.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that season vididly. I saw both of them play plenty that season, including all of both games that each team lost. Going into the bowl game I felt like Alabama was the better team, pretty clearly in my eyes. After watching the bowl games, there wasn't a doubt in my mind who the stronger team was.

That's my personal opinion since we never got a chance to see them square off head to head. And I'm far from an Alabama fan, almost can't stand them in a way and rarely if ever root for them.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK State lost on the ROAD to a bowl team on a short week AFTER their game was rescheduled because their classmates and friends died in a plane crash the night before. Bama lost at HOME in a game where they had every chance to win and blew it. OK State played a MUCH better schedule, beat the better teams and won their conference title. Bama had their shot and blew it, they were rewarded with another shot and took advantage . Kudos on that but they never should have been there. Their resume wasnt as good period. It just wsnt. If it would have been Mississippi State at 11-1 with their one loss coming at home to LSU that year do you honestly think that the Bulldogs would have been in the title game ahead of OK State?? Be honest. Not a shot in the world.

Yes I do. Know why? Cuz emerging from the SEC with one or no losses is more difficult that doing so in the Big 12 and I mean no disrespect to that particular conference because I think it's one Hell of a conference.

Let me ask you this. Tragedies, and short weeks, and all that other stuff included..........could you ever in a million years see that Bama team walk into Ames, Iowa of all places and lose to that shitty Iowa State squad that won two other Big 12 games all season long? I mean could you really? I suppose anything is technically possible but I sure as Hell couldn't.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that season vididly. I saw both of them play plenty that season, including all of both games that each team lost. Going into the bowl game I felt like Alabama was the better team, pretty clearly in my eyes. After watching the bowl games, there wasn't a doubt in my mind who the stronger team was.

That's my personal opinion since we never got a chance to see them square off head to head. And I'm far from an Alabama fan, almost can't stand them in a way and rarely if ever root for them.

I guess that is the difference between CFB and other sports. In other sports it doesnt matter what the "eye test" tells you. Actual results, SOS and verifiable data matter. Not saying its wrong necessarily, just wonder why we bother to keep stats like SOS if no one is going to use them anyway. Brings me to the thought that rankings in general are pointless. We dont need rankings to use the eye test. All ranking a team does is make it tougher for teams to reach title games or playoffs that start the year ranked lower even if they played better throughout the year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. OSU was 5 and Bama was 26. That was too close. We get it. You just can not admit you are dead wrong. This is like your earlier statement that 2011 LSU/Bama was the game of the century, because so much was on the line. It was so huge the loser went to the BCS NC game. I am trying to figure out if you are serious or just trolling.

Do you understand that with SoS the hard rank numbers are a representation of the order they finished in, and is not at all an accurate representation in what the data says is the actual difference?

Like, at all?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you understand that with SoS the hard rank numbers are a representation of the order they finished in, and is not at all an accurate representation in what the data says is the actual difference?

Like, at all?

So now it is worthless. I guess that is why you personally calculate it. Thanks again.