• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you NOT want for GM/HC?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our next GM will be Brian Gaine. Calling it now.

Brian Gaine: director of player personnel for the Houston Texans.

Gaine joined the Texans in February 2014 as the director of pro personnel after a five-year tenure with the Miami Dolphins' player personnel department, last serving as assistant general manager from 2012-13.

Gaine, who will be entering his 17th season in the NFL in 2015, has also worked in the scouting department for the Dallas Cowboys (2005-07) and New York Jets (1999-04), rising to assistant director of pro scouting with both organizations.

Gaine was Erni Acorsi's top recommendation for new Chicago Bears GM 12 months ago. Chicago ended up hiring Acorsi's no.2 recommendation, Ryan.

One year later, and now advising the Detroit Lions in search for their new GM, there's little reason to think Gaine is not still Acorsi's top recommendation.

How will you react on this, if true? Don't know a lot about him.

Here's to hoping if right, it's the Bears loss and our gain.

Also hoping he's not a mini-Ireland as Mayhew was a mini-Millen.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will you react on this, if true? Don't know a lot about him.

Here's to hoping if right, it's the Bears loss and our gain.

Also hoping he's not a mini-Ireland as Mayhew was a mini-Millen.

I'm cool with it. Solid resume. About the type of guy I'd expect us to land, an up and comer of sorts.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Jim Harbaugh to coach the Lions and UM. What he did in the bowl game today is what you do when you get a team down -- you step on their throat and continue to do so until the final seconds tick off.

You don't try and run out the clock or drop into a prevent defense. I'd love to see what Harbaugh could do with the Lions. If he could get us to run the ball, it'd make our passing game that much better.

I know it won't happen, but after seeing what he could get out of a UM team, who one year earlier, were laughingstocks. I bet a team like the Lions would buy in to what he is selling, as I'm sure they are tired of losing.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our next GM will be Brian Gaine. Calling it now.

Brian Gaine: director of player personnel for the Houston Texans.

Gaine joined the Texans in February 2014 as the director of pro personnel after a five-year tenure with the Miami Dolphins' player personnel department, last serving as assistant general manager from 2012-13.

Gaine, who will be entering his 17th season in the NFL in 2015, has also worked in the scouting department for the Dallas Cowboys (2005-07) and New York Jets (1999-04), rising to assistant director of pro scouting with both organizations.

Gaine was Erni Acorsi's top recommendation for new Chicago Bears GM 12 months ago. Chicago ended up hiring Acorsi's no.2 recommendation, Ryan.

One year later, and now advising the Detroit Lions in search for their new GM, there's little reason to think Gaine is not still Acorsi's top recommendation.

No M's. I like him already.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Jim Harbaugh to coach the Lions and UM. What he did in the bowl game today is what you do when you get a team down -- you step on their throat and continue to do so until the final seconds tick off.

You don't try and run out the clock or drop into a prevent defense. I'd love to see what Harbaugh could do with the Lions. If he could get us to run the ball, it'd make our passing game that much better.

I know it won't happen, but after seeing what he could get out of a UM team, who one year earlier, were laughingstocks. I bet a team like the Lions would buy in to what he is selling, as I'm sure they are tired of losing.

If Harbaugh was not such an assclown I would too. Unfortunately he is though. He is currently in the best position for him. College his antics work. It does not for very long in the pros.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harbaugh was not such an assclown I would too. Unfortunately he is though. He is currently in the best position for him. College his antics work. It does not for very long in the pros.

It seemed to work at every place he has coached at.

San Diego had never won a conference championship -- Harbaugh coached them from 2004-2006 and they finished 11-1 the last two years and won back to back conference championships.

Stanford was coming off a 1-11 season when he took over the program in 2007. By 2010 -- they finished 11-1 with their first BCS bowl victory.

He went to San Francisco after that -- they hadn't had a winning season in almost 10 years and were coming off a 6-10 season. They finished 13-3 his first year and lost in the NFC championship game. In 4 years, he was 44-19-1 with 3 NFC title game appearance and 1 super bowl appearance.

If I were a NFL GM -- I'd want a coach like that, who is unrelenting and wants perfection from his team. NFL players whining about long practice hours or being too tough on them need to realize they are playing a game and getting millions of dollars to do so.

I agree he can be too competitive and get caught up in the moment, but I want to see a damn winning franchise in Detroit before I die. We have been mediocre for too long.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit drinking the kuhl-aid.

Put it down nice and easy.

there ya go.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit drinking the kuhl-aid.

Put it down nice and easy.

there ya go.

It isn't kool-aid drinking if he has the results to back it up. I've never been a fan of Harbaugh until this year -- what he did with UM's program in one year was astonishing to me.

After reading about the kind of practices and video sessions he puts his teams through -- I can see why NFL players would get tired of it. He also doesn't seem to have an off switch. In the end though -- winning is what make a coach great and he has done that at every level and it isn't like he was inheriting winning programs. SD was 3-8, Stanford was 1-11, SF was 6-10, Michigan was 5-7 the year before Harbaugh got there.

I think he is an extremely tough coach to play for, but winning makes everything easier to handle. :)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TrustMeIamRight
The one thing I saw from your post of his resume is short stints at every place. I do ealize he may have left for better jobs or whatever. I myself would love to have a winning coach that is in Detroit for 7-10 years. Stability would be nice to have along with winning.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want anyone in house.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I saw from your post of his resume is short stints at every place. I do ealize he may have left for better jobs or whatever. I myself would love to have a winning coach that is in Detroit for 7-10 years. Stability would be nice to have along with winning.

I think winning breeds stability. If we get a coach who turns the franchise around -- I think he will stay as long as he'd like.

I agree with Harbaugh bouncing around, but other than the move from the 49ers to his Alma Mater -- it was upgrading jobs, so I can respect that.