• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you blame for the Nets Big 3 Failure?

Who is responsible for the failure of the Brooklyn Nets Big 3

• Total voters

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Ben Simmons.

Such a soft bitch.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, that is crazy.

KD was stupid to team up with a headcase like Kyrie.

But if everyone on the list, he is the one guy who has done his part.

Blame Harden, Kyrie, Nash, everyone else.

No way KD should be tops on anyone’s list of reasons why this team failed.

KD's done his part, how? By not staying healthy, by demanding the HC be fired, by wanting the GM fired, by requesting a trade last season?

No doubt it was stupid on his part though to team up with Kyrie.

Blame Nash? Not his fault KD can't stay healthy. Not his fault Kyrie is Kyrie. Not his fault Harden showed up outta shape. And it's not his fault KD & Kyrie didn't want to play for him.

On paper the trio of KD/Kyrie/Harden should have been damn good. But egos, attitude and Kyrie not giving a fuck about anyone expect himself ruined things.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD's done his part, how? By not staying healthy, by demanding the HC be fired, by wanting the GM fired, by requesting a trade last season?

Blame Nash? Not his fault KD can't stay healthy. Not his fault Kyrie is Kyrie. Not his fault Harden showed up outta shape. And it's not his fault KD & Kyrie didn't want to play for him.

On paper the trio of KD/Kyrie/Harden should have been damn good. But egos, attitude and Kyrie not giving a fuck about anyone expect himself ruined things.

Agree 100%

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly Bird, McHale & Parish.

Or even Pierce, KD & Allen for that matter.

More like Larry, Curly & Moe.
It's not even worthy of Curly, more like Larry, Moe and Shemp

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KD was hurt when he signed.

But has been healthy when it mattered in the playoffs. And he has played like an elite superstar when he has been healthy.

He asked to be traded only after Kyrie made a similar request and it appeared that the Nets were ready to wash their hands of Kyrie.

Nash was a terrible coach. Like really bad.

It is hard to live up to expectations coaching the personalities he was working with, but it was clear it wasn’t working.

KD shouldn’t have had to ask, it should have been done. All of us here were calling for Nash to be fired long before KD did.

So yeah, you want to blame 1 person?

No way KD should ever get the biggest piece of that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question it was Kyrie Irving. Always hurt. When he's not hurt he's constantly a no-show risk. Creates perpetual distractions.

Every other problem could have been dealt with. If Kyrie could have been normal James Harden is probably still a Net.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that Kyrie got to work on the priorities once he was traded to Dallas. Priority No. 1 being removing his apology for promoting antisemitic movies.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that Kyrie got to work on the priorities once he was traded to Dallas. Priority No. 1 being removing his apology for promoting antisemitic movies.
No wonder he's the most beloved player in the league

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But has been healthy when it mattered in the playoffs. And he has played like an elite superstar when he has been healthy.

He asked to be traded only after Kyrie made a similar request and it appeared that the Nets were ready to wash their hands of Kyrie.

It is hard to live up to expectations coaching the personalities he was working with, but it was clear it wasn’t working.

KD shouldn’t have had to ask, it should have been done. All of us here were calling for Nash to be fired long before KD did.

Gonna skip most of what you said and focus on one thing. I don't like it when someone accuses me of something I didn't say.

"So yeah, you want to blame 1 person" <----An outright lie. I never said that. Here's what I said, comment # 20.

Was going to also say the majority of the blame goes to KD.

So you need to explain why you created your own incorrect reality about what I actually said.

And I say KD deserves most of the blame because he's the one that walked away from a dynasty to team up with Kyrie.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna skip most of what you said and focus on one thing. I don't like it when someone accuses me of something I didn't say.

"So yeah, you want to blame 1 person" <----An outright lie. I never said that. Here's what I said, comment # 20.

So you need to explain why you created your own incorrect reality about what I actually said.

And I say KD deserves most of the blame because he's the one that walked away from a dynasty to team up with Kyrie.

I didn’t say you said that.

“Majority of the blame” implies you are picking him to be the person you blame most.

That is crazy.

How can Durant be blamed more than Kyrie?

Unless you say it is KD’s responsibility to keep Kyrie in check.

Which is also crazy.

Dude has always marched to his own drumbeat.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Majority of the blame” implies you are picking him to be the person you blame most.

That is crazy.

(1)How can Durant be blamed more than Kyrie?

Which is also crazy.

(1) Because he left a dynasty to team up with crazy Kyrie.

That is crazy.

How can Durant be blamed more than Kyrie?

Which is also crazy.

"I didn't say you said that".

Really? Then can you explain why you asked me this?

"so yeah, you want to blame 1 person?"

-->So yeah, you want to blame 1 person?<--

I said the majority. Not all the blame. Plenty of blame to go around. KD, Kyrie & the Nets FO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Because he left a dynasty to team up with crazy Kyrie.

"I didn't say you said that".

Really? Then can you explain why you asked me this?

"so yeah, you want to blame 1 person?"

I said the majority. Not all the blame. Plenty of blame to go around. KD, Kyrie & the Nets FO.

Not doing semantics BS with you.

Picking KD as the “majority blame holder” is singling him out as more at fault than anyone else.

And that is a legitimately crazy opinion.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree for the most part. I’m not sure Nash ever got full cooperation but that’s on him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not doing semantics BS with you.

Picking KD as the “majority blame holder” is singling him out as more at fault than anyone else.

And that is a legitimately crazy opinion.

You responded to me, I said nothing to you.

So you don't agree with me. You sure take opinions way too personal.

You wanna know what a crazy opinion is? Thinking the refs should never be held accountable for their in-game mistakes.

The only BS is directly from you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You responded to me, I said nothing to you.

So you don't agree with me. You sure take opinions way too personal.

You wanna know what a crazy opinion is? Thinking the refs should never be held accountable for their in-game mistakes.

The only BS is directly from you.

I am not taking anything personal. That is your MO.

I am calling out bad opinions. That is what I do.

In this case, your opinion is a bad one. Just calling it like I see it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not taking anything personal. That is your MO.

I am calling out bad opinions. That is what I do.

In this case, your opinion is a bad one. Just calling it like I see it.

Oh but saying the refs shouldn't be held accountable for missed/bad calls is completely different isn't it? Maybe you don't realize that's an opinion.

Spare my your nonsense that you're calling out what you consider bad opinions when you've had your own.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD is responsible for this. Hear me out.

It was KD's decision to want to team up with Kyrie. Kyrie for all purposes is an all-world player. But everyone is well aware of the external factors surrounding him. Now no one could have expected what happened with Covid and the bubble. That in no way is KD's fault. But the decision to pair up with a wild card as a teammate ultimately rests with KD. It's like you're the boss who elects to hire someone who has a history of embezzling money. When the employee embezzles money, who is to blame? It's the boss who hired them. Another way to look at this is what if you needed someone to help you move a large piece of furniture. You only had a small time frame window otherwise you'd lose out on it. If you ask your friend who you know is notoriously unreliable and they eventually never show up, who's fault is that?

On court, KD absolutely has done his thing. But the Nets were either going to be flaming ball of success of an eventual burn out. You took a risk and it didn't work out. KD had it made with the Warriors. He wanted out to start his own team. The Nets were going to get whatever player KD wanted to team up with. Organizationally they did their thing.