• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who balled and who falled?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Niners need to lock up Nnamdi & Perrish long term at some point this season. There's long-term (long-ish; like 3 years). There's long term value there IMO, and the FA CB class is really thin next offseason.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Cox showing something in the return game the special teams have not improved like I was hoping they would have. Really hoping they get it turned around. If we dropped Rogers we would have had his dead money and the 5 million plus for Smith. Would have cost us nearly 10 million I believe.

Rogers is still a good player. He has shown he can get the job done.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers is still a good player. He has shown he can get the job done.

I agree Rogers is a good player, but he ain't 8 million dollars good, and thats his salary next year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Rogers is a good player, but he ain't 8 million dollars good, and thats his salary next year.

What is his salary this year? We can worry about the 8 Million next year before it takes effect. I think the 49ers will be glad they have him when all is said and done this year.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this matters for ur team, but I believe Colton Schmidt has looked good in limited time. He had a booming punt and a nice TD-saving tackle in the 1st game.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The title of the thread is not Sick's best work... (just had to get that out of my system) :)

Colton Schmidt had a pretty good game, and will get some looks for his performance!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "smarter" GM's would take notice of the fact that Brooks was the beneficiary of offenses focusing on other key elements of the 49er defense, thus allowing Brooks to look really good in certain situations...

But, anything could happen...

I feel like this is a true statement in theory. How many times ave "smart GMs" gone after guys who they thought they could change? Or guys who were as you said, benefiting from defenses going away from other people, or a system inflating stats? Seems to me it happens every year.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep looked rusty....:laugh3:

That overthrow to Hall had TD written all over it. Kaep should be able to drop that in
the bread basket all day long. He still needs work on his touch.

Maybe if he'd get up earlier in the morning and focus, he could hone that skill..

So he can be the ..:second: best QB in the division behind RWilson....

:boxing:

I know Wilson likes guys behind him, but give it a rest. This is a football discussion. Let's just shut the fuck up about Wilson on a thread about the 49ers PRESEASON game.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is his salary this year? We can worry about the 8 Million next year before it takes effect. I think the 49ers will be glad they have him when all is said and done this year.

His salary looks like this....

2013 $7,344,531 (second highest paid player on the team)
2014 $8,094,531 (becomes highest paid player on the team)
2015 $9,094,531

If we released him pre June 1st to make room for another free agent CB he would have counted $5,833,593 against the cap while not being on the team this year. So they weren't going to release him and pay a guy like Smith 5 or 6 million and spend a total of over 11 million for that position.

Next year however, Rogers is as good as gone, mark my words. his salary goes up and his dead cap space goes down. Either he renegotiates or he is gone.... its as simple as that. No way we pay him 8 million then 9 million a year in the next two years.

here is a good 49er cap space and salary resource.... http://ninercaphell.com/

Last edited by a moderator: