• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who balled and who falled?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who balled?

Perrish Cox is starting to look like the guy who gave AJ Green a rough time in college. :) Lock him up long term Baalke!

My guy Corey Lemonier has a sack on (I think) his first defensive play & was all over the field making plays & creating pressure on the QB. LOVE THAT GUY!!!

Michael Wilhoite looked pretty good in coverage & tackling. Pleasant surprise.

BJ Daniels > Scott Tolzien. Tolzien definitely falled off my list.

Parys Haralson better not take time away from my guy Corey, but it's great to have him back! He's lookin' good. He & Lemonier make me want the Niners to trade Ahmad Brooks for a DB or WR at some point.

Nnamdi might be the best CB on the team.

Joe Looney seems like he struggled. :(

Colt McCoy was pretty bad. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

WHO ARE YOU CALLING MOODY!!!??? I'M NOT MOODY YOU JERK!!!

I'm extremely happy with the defense so far. :)

MAN I'M PISSED ABOUT THE WR CORPS!!!!

Nice to See Alex in another uniform finally. Glad I don't have to watch him throw to the Niners' RBs & TEs any more.

I FRIGGN' HATE PAPER CUTS!!!!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to rain on your parade, but... Brooks has no real trade value after that incident this offseason. 6.5 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT and 5 years left on his 6 year $37 million deal. To add to that, his previous incidents that made him slip to the supplemental draft. I'd be shocked if one of the 31 other GMs would give Baalke a decent WR or DB for Brooks. Bad history, big contract, 'meh' production. Would be lucky to get a 5th round draft pick for him.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox had a big game. If he continues to play well maybe he will earn the name Big Game Cox. Moody had a good game. Lemonier & Haralason played very well. BJ looked good in mop up duty hopefully he gets in earlier next week. Dawson with 2 55 yd FGS was great.

Tolzien & McCoy looked bad that backup RT O something is terrible coverage units struggled

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hate to rain on your parade, but... Brooks has no real trade value after that incident this offseason. 6.5 sacks, 2 FF, 1 INT and 5 years left in his 6 year $37 million deal. To add to that, his previous incidents that made him slip to the supplemental draft. I'd be shocked if one of the 31 other GMs would give Baalke a decent WR or DB for Brooks. Bad history, big contract, 'meh' production. Would be lucky to get a 5th round draft pick for him.

You really think the beer bottle incident dropped his value? He's 29 years old; it's not like he's an unknown rookie coming out of college.

Brooks was one of the best OLBs in the NFC last year IMO. I don't agree with the 'meh' production comment. He came up huge in the post season. His overall game is great. I'm not saying he's worth a first round pick, but there's got to be a team with a surplus of #2-ish WRs or an over-paid-but-good FS or CB who might want him in the next year or so.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think the beer bottle incident dropped his value? He's 29 years old; it's not like he's an unknown rookie coming out of college.

Brooks was one of the best OLBs in the NFC last year IMO. I don't agree with the 'meh' production comment. He came up huge in the post season. His overall game is great. I'm not saying he's worth a first round pick, but there's got to be a team with a surplus of #2-ish WRs or an over-paid-but-good FS or CB who might want him in the next year or so.

Absolutely, especially if the 49ers tried to move him after the dust settled. Immaturity and off the field incidents pushed him to the supplemental draft because he was kicked off his college team. 7 years later, he is still having off the field issues.

Don't get me wrong, considering the whole story I think he did what anyone would do... but this is the NFL, and if they have an angle to ask for less, even if the GM sees it the same way I do, they'll use that to ask for less.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think the "smarter" GM's would take notice of the fact that Brooks was the beneficiary of offenses focusing on other key elements of the 49er defense, thus allowing Brooks to look really good in certain situations...

But, anything could happen...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eric Berry & my guy Justin Houston balled for the chiefs. Poe's starting to look pretty good too. 8-8 here we come Chiefs! :)

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Wilhoite had some poor plays as well. The one that sticks out to me the most is the fourth down play. he way over pursued and it opened the way for Davis to get the first. If he stayed home it was a tackle for a loss.

Trenton Robinson had a few good plays, but on that screen he should have seen it coming. 4 people in front of him and they didnt try to block him and he just kept going after the qb. If he stopped and went into coverage against Davis it was a sack from all the other people rushing the qb or a ball thrown away. One thing I did notice is he plays and runs faster than a lot of the secondary. If he keeps playing this way I can see him making the team as a FS backup and starting next to Reid next season.

Reid was fast and good in both coverage and against the run. Also got a sack. Though he didn't start he played like a starter. He was calling plays on defense and looked fast, comfortable, and big back there.

Dobbs played like a moron and got a 15 yard penalty for a smack to a players head. He needs to get his shit together. He might have room on the team anymore.

Oldman aka Dawson kicked FG like a youngun with good aim. 55 yards looking easy. But his Kickoffs were short for the most part. And he runs like he has a load in his pants. If he can keep hitting 55 yarders like that 9ers win it all.

Frank Gore all I am going to say is first run was a dandy.

WR were getting open, but Oline could not give QBs time to throw and QBs could not throw.

Coverage units in ST sucked like they were a $5 hooker at the docks when a navy fleet who was at sea for 6 months got to port.

The whole backup Oline blew chunks with the exception of kilgore who played well but did get beat on 1 play badly.

Ian Williams got penetration the whole 2 series he was out there. I was mad that the niners didnt draft a NG. Now I see that didn't need to do that. Williams is playing balls out.

Conversely. Dorsey was playing slow and lazy at times. He was really bad at running to the sidelines in pursuit. He played OK, but he played like a backup not a starter.

Celek caught the ball well, but nothing after the catch except for Berry rag dolling him.

Chucky Jacobs caught the game winning TD and a long comebacker on second down that he had to go up to get. It also led to the TD later that drive.

Cam Johnson had a sack at the end of the game. He looked fast on that play.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Berry & my guy Justin Houston balled for the chiefs. Poe's starting to look pretty good too. 8-8 here we come Chiefs! :)

Their special teams may ruin our pick if they go better than 8-8... Yes, I know, too ahead of myself.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Gores big run, the things that really stood out to me....

1. Wilhoites diving pass defense against Bowe.... that was a nice play and prevented what might have been a TD.

2. Parys Haralson's punt block... I have always liked Haralson, and its nice to see him out there healthy and making plays.

3. AJ jenkins 21 yard reception, although it was called back on a holding penalty he showed good determination to get a few extra yards. He started out a little shaky, but as time went on he seemed to do well against press coverage, and had a step on Smith on that under thrown ball.

4. Pressure... in abundance. KC has a pretty good offensive line and their starters were in for the entire first half. The 49ers sacked Smith three times playing against the starting offensive line and had seven sacks overall.

5. Perish Cox... this guy is having a tremendous preseason. Two sacks last night.

6. Lemonier is just all over the place... guy has a motor, got repeated pressure and ha7d a nice sack on Smith against KC's first team offensive line.

7. BJ Daniels. I don't know about you guys, but I was starting to get pretty concerned about our backup QB situation. Tolzien seems to have regressed, and McCoy has not looked very impressive. But Daniels looked poised, confident, and made the nicest pass of any 49er QB this preseason when he hit Jacobs in the endzone for a really nice TD. Albeit it was against backups at that point, he just looked good and seems like a guy we need to keep around. He really impressed me.

8. I am really impressed at the backup defense.... you really don't see much drop off when they come on the field. The backup offense however, is a different story. Its like night and day.... or at least so it seemed until Daniels got a shot against 2nd, 3rds, and team hopefuls.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Gores big run, the things that really stood out to me....

1. Wilhoites diving pass defense against Bowe.... that was a nice play and prevented what might have been a TD.

2. Parys Haralson's punt block... I have always liked Haralson, and its nice to see him out there healthy and making plays.

3. AJ jenkins 21 yard reception, although it was called back on a holding penalty he showed good determination to get a few extra yards. He started out a little shaky, but as time went on he seemed to do well against press coverage, and had a step on Smith on that under thrown ball.
4. Pressure... in abundance. KC has a pretty good offensive line and their starters were in for the entire first half. The 49ers sacked Smith three times playing against the starting offensive line and had seven sacks overall.

5. Perish Cox... this guy is having a tremendous preseason. Two sacks last night.

6. Lemonier is just all over the place... guy has a motor, got repeated pressure and ha7d a nice sack on Smith against KC's first team offensive line.

7. BJ Daniels. I don't know about you guys, but I was starting to get pretty concerned about our backup QB situation. Tolzien seems to have regressed, and McCoy has not looked very impressive. But Daniels looked poised, confident, and made the nicest pass of any 49er QB this preseason when he hit Jacobs in the endzone for a really nice TD. Albeit it was against backups at that point, he just looked good and seems like a guy we need to keep around. He really impressed me.

8. I am really impressed at the backup defense.... you really don't see much drop off when they come on the field. The backup offense however, is a different story. Its like night and day.... or at least so it seemed until Daniels got a shot against 2nd, 3rds, and team hopefuls.

Jenkins only played against the Chiefs' scrubs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCo reminds me of Alex Smith in Smith's rookie year. He can't even field the snap cleanly.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised at how easily LaMicheal James goes down.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawson looks pretty good

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins only played against the Chiefs' scrubs.

Like sean smith who signed a 3 year 16 million dollar contract in the offseason? He was covered by Smith most of the first half. We were playing against their starting defense most of the first half. Might want to watch again.