• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whitner

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lloyd blew by him for a td today. unless it's an obvious running down i'm gonna be scared to see him in the secondary against the saints or packers. they are gonna abuse whitner every chance they get

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lloyd blew by him for a td today. unless it's an obvious running down i'm gonna be scared to see him in the secondary against the saints or packers. they are gonna abuse whitner every chance they get

yeah, TODAY he didn't look too good? don't usually pay attention to him but he "showed up" a few times.

speaking of showing up but in a GOOD way, Ray McDonald! [sorry for going off tangent]

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not comfortable with Whitner and Goldson both at safety. I think both leave a lot to be desired in coverage where they sacrifice to go up and make tackles or big hits. I wouldn't have a problem with one of them doing that if we had another Safety that was more pure coverage.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still not comfortable with Whitner and Goldson both at safety. I think both leave a lot to be desired in coverage where they sacrifice to go up and make tackles or big hits. I wouldn't have a problem with one of them doing that if we had another Safety that was more pure coverage.

if today is any indication, i agree. but again, only noticed Whitner's coverage today.

aren't both Madieu Williams and Reggie Smith more noted for their coverage? IF so, you'd think they'd come in on nickel?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think reggie smith has better range in coverage than whitner. williams was just horrible early in the season.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner has been ok for awhile, today he really had one bad play in the endzone that i saw...

He's been solid and with the vet experience he brings, I'm ok for now but obviously would like an upgrade at FS that pushes Goldson to SS.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember something earlier in the year that I posted from an article... something about how Whitner gave up the most TDs from the safety position last year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I remember something earlier in the year that I posted from an article... something about how Whitner gave up the most TDs from the safety position last year.

today, he seemed "late" all the time.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE WILL BE ALRIGHT LOOKED LIKE THEY WHERE GOING HALF SPEED ALL GAME TILL THE RAMS GOT THAT ONSIDE...

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like him. He's typically a heck of a tackler in support of the run game. Additionally, teams are going to pass against us based on our strong run D (until the last two weeks). I'm guessing he's a more desirable target than others in our secondary. However, I seem to recall him breaking up some passes as well. Just my two cents....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis as well.

yes, and good to get him more reps, glad he came thru with catching.

actually, not surprising we'd throw to him more, considering our injury situation at WR and Walker.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yup, the saints are gonna gameplan to attack whitner whenever they can. i say we throw them a curveball and either zone blitz sending whitner or just use reggie smith.

i know i would be going after whitner. brooks as well, especially with sproles, that could end up being a nightmare.

We'll see. The Niners have a long time to prepare and a long time to get rested. The Saints will be at a disadvantage coming to SF. We'll see if their edge in talent is enough to overcome those disadvantages of coming in after a tough playoff game, playing on grass and travelling cross country.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll see. The Niners have a long time to prepare and a long time to get rested. The Saints will be at a disadvantage coming to SF. We'll see if their edge in talent is enough to overcome those disadvantages of coming in after a tough playoff game, playing on grass and travelling cross country.

yep, so no excuses..................for a well played 49er game.

if the other team is simply better, fine. just don't turn it over, be sloppy, penalty prone, miscommunicate, etc.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

My preference would still be to have Goldson at SS and bring in a better coverage guy at FS, but given the contract we gave Whitner, that doesn't seem likely. It's really too bad that Reggie Smith hasn't really panned out. I figured he'd be a good FS when he came in.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we need is our pass rush to really step up and bring the heat and give our secondary a solid chance.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What we need is our pass rush to really step up and bring the heat and give our secondary a solid chance.

yep, no question and think we can do enough.

good to see us blitzing MLB's end of season, we needed to work on it and now make others prepare. their RB's have to stay in (or hesitate) and look at our LB's.

nowadays, can't stop anybody cold so hopefully, keep THEM to more field goals.