• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox vs. Tigers Mid-Week Series

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would defend the importance of any player that was a former batting champ. Tim is a superstar. Not a budding one...He IS one. You can't replace good leadoff hitters and their importance to offensive production. He's one of the few players on our team that other teams would have killed for during the past few years of sh*t on a stick. That hasn't changed this year just because we have better players in the other roster spots.

Good players lead to teams winning...When they're out, teams suffer. There's no question about it and that I was fully confident this team would turn it around immediately when he came back vs a dogsh*t team is zero surprise (although I'm concerned our pitching could do us in today, if we don't hold on). Saying "well, we should be fine with so and so and this and that while Tim is out because we're better" is all fine and dandy, but that isn't reality....and most certainly didn't help us this past week while TA and Edwin were out. We lost games we could have won with them in the lineup. And THAT is where this began.

Dallas Keuchel or any player being upset and voicing his frustration is a tale as old as time in sports...Sometimes that sh*t makes a difference...Sometimes it doesn't. So to quantify it is impossible. To quantify the return of a leadoff batting champ in comparison is lunacy...because one is bona fide on the field and the other is "maybe it mattered, we'll never know."

Tim is not a superstar. He's "darn good". Not a star. Nothing suggests he's a star. He posted a 3.1 and 3.7 WAR the past couple of seasons. "Darn good"... not "great" or "elite".

He's not even an ideal lead-off hitter either. He walks a little over a dozen times per season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim is not a superstar. He's "darn good". Not a star. Nothing suggests he's a star. He posted a 3.1 and 3.7 WAR the past couple of seasons. "Darn good"... not "great" or "elite".

He's not even an ideal lead-off hitter either. He walks a little over a dozen times per season.

You'll come to my side about TA eventually. Well, unless his defense does him in...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*don't do it Jiddy, we love richi*

*DON'T DO IT JIDDY, WE LOVE OUR SOX BRETHREN RICHI*

*PLEASE NO...NO...*

*Ahhh sh*t*

You know who I don't miss in the lineup?

Yes, we know you don't want the best offensive catcher in baseball last season in our lineup. Neck and neck with Realmuto for best over the past three seasons offensively and defensively.

For... erm... some reason. Oh, yeah... a dozen or so games where his power hasn't shown up. That makes sense.

You know what you're doing................................. okay... I could say that with a straight face. lol

The Indians should also bench Francisco Lindor. Keep going with this sample size. You're going places.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would defend the importance of any player that was a former batting champ. Tim is a superstar. Not a budding one...He IS one. You can't replace good leadoff hitters and their importance to offensive production. He's one of the few players on our team that other teams would have killed for during the past few years of sh*t on a stick. That hasn't changed this year just because we have better players in the other roster spots.

Good players lead to teams winning...When they're out, teams suffer. There's no question about it and that I was fully confident this team would turn it around immediately when he came back vs a dogsh*t team is zero surprise (although I'm concerned our pitching could do us in today, if we don't hold on). Saying "well, we should be fine with so and so and this and that while Tim is out because we're better" is all fine and dandy, but that isn't reality....and most certainly didn't help us this past week while TA and Edwin were out. We lost games we could have won with them in the lineup. And THAT is where this began.

Dallas Keuchel or any player being upset and voicing his frustration is a tale as old as time in sports...Sometimes that sh*t makes a difference...Sometimes it doesn't. So to quantify it is impossible. To quantify the return of a leadoff batting champ in comparison is lunacy...because one is bona fide on the field and the other is "maybe it mattered, we'll never know."

there are two batting champs every year. they're good players, sometime superstars but ... they ain't all superstars!
obviously we disagree on this so ...ok then.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we know you don't want the best offensive catcher in baseball last season in our lineup. Neck and neck with Realmuto for best over the past three seasons offensively and defensively.

For... erm... some reason. Oh, yeah... a dozen or so games where his power hasn't shown up. That makes sense.

You know what you're doing................................. okay... I could say that with a straight face. lol

The Indians should also bench Francisco Lindor. Keep going with this sample size. You're going places.

If Francisco Lindor played for the Sox, I would be sad if he got injured until I realized Leury Garcia was available. Because that's what heroes do.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are two batting champs every year. they're good players, sometime superstars but ... they ain't all superstars!
obviously we disagree on this so ...ok then.

I really like the Timmy south park gif...but you realize what you've done, right?

giphy.gif

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FTR, you should thank me for making at bats for ol' dongless the most interesting at bats you've watched in a half decade.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll come to my side about TA eventually. Well, unless his defense does him in...

I like TA. I think he brings a lot to this team. You're pegging those who don't worship TA as you do as "haters" or something.

I just don't think he's elite at anything. He has a plus bat, plus power, and plus speed. Nothing he does is "holy shit" good, though. Fernando Tatis Jr. is "holy shit" good.

I think he'll look great as our future RF'er after we sign Lindor or any of the huge name UFA SS's following next season.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like TA. I think he brings a lot to this team. You're pegging those who don't worship TA as you do as "haters" or something.

I just don't think he's elite at anything. He has a plus bat, plus power, and plus speed. Nothing he does is "holy shit" good, though. Fernando Tatis Jr. is "holy shit" good.

I think he'll look great as our future RF'er after we sign Lindor or any of the huge name UFA SS's following next season.

Yo...You're killing the mood man. I was at half mast...now...like after a dip in a cold pool.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all seriousness, you guys win...I digress superstar is too much, but he's well above average...Gotta be careful with my wordage.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo...You're killing the mood man. I was at half mast...now...like after a dip in a cold pool.

Every time I see that kid going deep on a highlight it still immediately pisses me off.

Imagine him with this young crop of talent we have. Tatis Jr. at SS. TA out in RF or even at 2B.

But Kenny had to have James Shields to try and save an already lost 2016 season.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright rook...Let's take a little of the intrigue out of this one...

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i swear to god you could throw that first pitch to robert 2 feet outside and in the dirt and he'll swing at it every time!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i swear to god you could throw that first pitch to robert 2 feet outside and in the dirt and he'll swing at it every time!

He's on the Moncada growth curve but a couple steps further down the line...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would bet that colome will put at least 2 runners on.

It wouldn't be White Sox baseball if we didn't turn a must win for the sake of our sanity game into a cardiac arrest...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards all tested positive last go...so we may avoid the postponement deal.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwin was a freaking boss pickup for us. Not a worry there...Mazara, now that's gonna be a lotto ticket development...and it's looking like the first two numbers on his card aren't on the winning list...

Mazara is a reclamation project and a fix-up job of a former star prospect. Unfortunately, with basically no spring training and only 60 games. That becomes near impossible. So, yeah, I'm not surprised that he's basically the same guy. He'll hit a share of HR's I'm sure. But he'll also go 0 for 4 a helluva lot.

His swing is so massively long and big. Somebody really needs to work with him to trim it down.