• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox vs. Tigers Mid-Week Series

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhh no. might be a
I tend to put far more value on the actual production provided by the return of an AL batting champ than some words uttered by a pitcher. I mean...Actions speak louder, right? Keuchel has had no part of these past 2 games. So definitively I will place a considerable more emphasis on TA than Keuchel for our offensive output yesterday and today. Honestly, how could that even be a question?
quaint saying, but actions rarely speak louder than words. and i think keuchel's words meant a loy more than you give tem credit for.l
truth is neither of us can tell anything by the results of these last 2 games. if tim hadn't come back they may have still won yesterday. i have never believed one player makes or breaks a team (and btw they had 3 starters out and 2 came back ... not just tim).

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, dang. If Timmy pulls that a little more he has the cycle... in the 6th. lol

I mean, when his replacement has been our best hitter... I mean, it's just hard to say Tim would be hitting better than Leury has been.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the next sentence with love: You guys don't deserve an AL batting champ with all this pep talk and backup utility player preference over Timmy.

And now I gotta figure out this 1 ER thing...I don't know how all of those weren't earned runs...It has to be an error in the box score.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, when his replacement has been our best hitter... I mean, it's just hard to say Tim would be hitting better than Leury has been.

What about that statement was incorrect? lol

Leury was our best hitter for a short stretch when TA went out. At the time of that post, his average was over .350. Higher than TA hit even in his batting title year.

Are you under the impression that Tim Anderson is going to hit .750 with like a 2.000 OPS the rest of the way? If TA has two 0 for 4 games. Would that make me correct in your eyes?

You sure do love putting those Jiddy goggles on. You and your small sample size outcomes. Next your going to tell me that Cody Bellinger and Francisco Lindor are a couple of the worst hitters in baseball.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the sh*t...We got robbed hard this inning.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Runs were unearned.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the next sentence with love: You guys don't deserve an AL batting champ with all this pep talk and backup utility player preference over Timmy.

And now I gotta figure out this 1 ER thing...I don't know how all of those weren't earned runs...It has to be an error in the box score.
see, this is how real arguments begin. exactly who said they 'preferred' the back up utility player over timmy?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about that statement was incorrect? lol

Leury was our best hitter for a short stretch when TA went out. At the time of that post, his average was over .350. Higher than TA hit even in his batting title year.

Are you under the impression that Tim Anderson is going to hit .750 with like a 2.000 OPS the rest of the way? If TA has two 0 for 4 games. Would that make me correct in your eyes?

You sure do love putting those Jiddy goggles on. You and your small sample size outcomes. Next your going to tell me that Cody Bellinger and Francisco Lindor are a couple of the worst hitters in baseball.

TFW you get called out about "short stretches" when the arguer is making a case for Leury Garcia being just as good out there for us as Tim Anderson...Yeah, he performed ok...but guess what? Leadoff hitter batting champions don't grow on trees...and it makes a huge difference...in the long run, short run...pretty much any f*cking run you want to consider. You can't be correct because every game we walk into we are better off with Anderson than Garcia in the lineup. Furthermore, if Garcia is hot, he actually has the ability to supplant other players not named Tim Anderson, so it isn't an either or scenario anyway.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see, this is how real arguments begin. exactly who said they 'preferred' the back up utility player over timmy?

Implying that we don't need Tim or that he doesn't make a huge impact on our offensive production because Leury Garcia had a few good days is close enough for me.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Runs were unearned.

I guess they excused him from 4 runs in the 4th because McCann passed a ball...Mind you he gave up 2 doubles and a homer that inning...sooo...I guess bully for the stats hiding his sh*ttiness today?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have so many cardiac innings on D...Sigh...Come on boys pull through...Don't blow it with 7 runs on the good side of the board...

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Implying that we don't need Tim or that he doesn't make a huge impact on our offensive production because Leury Garcia had a few good days is close enough for me.
nobody implied any such thing. you are being wa-a-ay too defensive about tim. as for my feelings about tim .... he's one of the better players on the team, i'm very glad he turned the corner, garcia is no tim anderson. having said this, i still don't believe he's what gives the team life just because he hits leadoff or for any other reason. this is a fairly well rounded team (except for the 50% that is pitching) and shouldn't be dependent on any one player. when they showed so little life, which is what caused keuchel to speak up, it had nothing to do with tim not being there. it was the players losing their own focus.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they excused him from 4 runs in the 4th because McCann passed a ball...Mind you he gave up 2 doubles and a homer that inning...sooo...I guess bully for the stats hiding his sh*ttiness today?
nope. he was shitty alright and it's definitely a weakness in how the stats work.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tim looked totally over-matched that ab. i'd guess he wanted that double a bit too much.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody implied any such thing. you are being wa-a-ay too defensive about tim. as for my feelings about tim .... he's one of the better players on the team, i'm very glad he turned the corner, garcia is no tim anderson. having said this, i still don't believe he's what gives the team life just because he hits leadoff or for any other reason. this is a fairly well rounded team (except for the 50% that is pitching) and shouldn't be dependent on any one player. when they showed so little life, which is what caused keuchel to speak up, it had nothing to do with tim not being there. it was the players losing their own focus.

I would defend the importance of any player that was a former batting champ. Tim is a superstar. Not a budding one...He IS one. You can't replace good leadoff hitters and their importance to offensive production. He's one of the few players on our team that other teams would have killed for during the past few years of sh*t on a stick. That hasn't changed this year just because we have better players in the other roster spots.

Good players lead to teams winning...When they're out, teams suffer. There's no question about it and that I was fully confident this team would turn it around immediately when he came back vs a dogsh*t team is zero surprise (although I'm concerned our pitching could do us in today, if we don't hold on). Saying "well, we should be fine with so and so and this and that while Tim is out because we're better" is all fine and dandy, but that isn't reality....and most certainly didn't help us this past week while TA and Edwin were out. We lost games we could have won with them in the lineup. And THAT is where this began.

Dallas Keuchel or any player being upset and voicing his frustration is a tale as old as time in sports...Sometimes that sh*t makes a difference...Sometimes it doesn't. So to quantify it is impossible. To quantify the return of a leadoff batting champ in comparison is lunacy...because one is bona fide on the field and the other is "maybe it mattered, we'll never know."

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are strawmanning the living fuck out of me. lol

I never once said we didn't need Tim or that I preferred Leury.

That is utter and complete bull shit. And you know it.

At the time, you said the problem with the offense was missing Tim. I merely pointed out that his replacement had been our only hot hitter and was pissing on the baseball.

That is it. Nothing more nothing less. It was a factual point. The guy who replaced Tim was raking.

Stop. Just... stop.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are strawmanning the living fuck out of me. lol

I never once said we didn't need Tim or that I preferred Leury.

That is utter and complete bull shit. And you know it.

At the time, you said the problem with the offense was missing Tim. I merely pointed out that his replacement had been our only hot hitter and was pissing on the baseball.

That is it. Nothing more nothing less. It was a factual point. The guy who replaced Tim was raking.

Stop. Just... stop.

*don't do it Jiddy, we love richi*

*DON'T DO IT JIDDY, WE LOVE OUR SOX BRETHREN RICHI*

*PLEASE NO...NO...*

*Ahhh sh*t*

You know who I don't miss in the lineup?