• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox avoid arbitration

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird to see our front office getting things done and behaving like a legitimate front office.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird to see our front office getting things done and behaving like a legitimate front office.

They think they're going to win...Just waiting until season to see if they're right. Don't believe the hype...Jerry will go after the big dogs...if the team is legit. I'm impressed Hahn and Co. have convinced him we're the goods this offseason to dip his toes so far in without jumping. We needed this offseason. It wasn't some kind of huge boon, but it was absolutely necessary for us to not fall into mediocrity and losing with our core young players. That sh*t is contagious.

Now we all wait with baited breath hoping we get out to a decent start over the first 2-3 months of this thing, because while I hear LSD and folks of his ilk keep saying "No real Sox fan expects huge things this season blah blah blah..." that's not all that is happening. You can sense it in the articles, the backyard bbq chatter, the predictions that are semi-passive saying we're going into dynasty mode. It's going to turn into a zoo of negativitiy if we're a ways back in the division after 2-3 months. And that's a probability since the Twins and Indians are good teams AND we're young and very susceptible to streaks. We could easily be 5-8 games under after 60 games and it could snowball....or the reverse. Difference will be we won't be pure sh*t statistically and in your basic run production (both scoring and defensively), so it'll be more about streaks/opponents/luck etc rather than us just being a bigass pile of monkey trash.

This season is going to be spicy one way or another.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They think they're going to win...Just waiting until season to see if they're right. Don't believe the hype...Jerry will go after the big dogs...if the team is legit. I'm impressed Hahn and Co. have convinced him we're the goods this offseason to dip his toes so far in without jumping. We needed this offseason. It wasn't some kind of huge boon, but it was absolutely necessary for us to not fall into mediocrity and losing with our core young players. That sh*t is contagious.

Now we all wait with baited breath hoping we get out to a decent start over the first 2-3 months of this thing, because while I hear LSD and folks of his ilk keep saying "No real Sox fan expects huge things this season blah blah blah..." that's not all that is happening. You can sense it in the articles, the backyard bbq chatter, the predictions that are semi-passive saying we're going into dynasty mode. It's going to turn into a zoo of negativitiy if we're a ways back in the division after 2-3 months. And that's a probability since the Twins and Indians are good teams AND we're young and very susceptible to streaks. We could easily be 5-8 games under after 60 games and it could snowball....or the reverse. Difference will be we won't be pure sh*t statistically and in your basic run production (both scoring and defensively), so it'll be more about streaks/opponents/luck etc rather than us just being a bigass pile of monkey trash.

This season is going to be spicy one way or another.

All I know... is that at the first hiccup you'll find a way to bitch.

We have spent well over 200 million now this off-season and have one of the youngest/most talented cores of potential young stars in the game. I know... hard to understand why people are kind of excited, right?

That doesn't mean people expect a Central pennant. Just stop being a c*nt for a few minutes, huh?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know... is that at the first hiccup you'll find a way to bitch.

We have spent well over 200 million now this off-season and have one of the youngest/most talented cores of potential young stars in the game. I know... hard to understand why people are kind of excited, right?

That doesn't mean people expect a Central pennant. Just stop being a c*nt for a few minutes, huh?

what we spent doesn't mean much. spending money unwisely (i.e. yasmani "the framer" grandal) does not win pennants.
also, we have anderson, moncada, eloy, giolito and robert. THAT is our young core. do you remember when we had thomas, ventura, mcdowell, fernandez, and alvarez? THAT was our young core once and how many pennants did they win? the good teams take a core like that and add quality players around them. sox aren't good at that. never have been. maybe you're the **** for being so positive when experience should tell you differently?
please try to remember this ... the most important needs of this team were NOT met. PITCHING! all we got was just a small patch job.

jiddy is right. let's actually see the progress instead of assuming it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear LSD and folks of his ilk keep saying "No real Sox fan expects huge things this season blah blah blah..."

Ok buster, let's get one thing straight. In all my posts I have yet to even once say blah blah blah!! Maybe yada yada a couple of times, but I digress........

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok buster, let's get one thing straight. In all my posts I have yet to even once say blah blah blah!! Maybe yada yada a couple of times, but I digress........

I'm an equal opportunity c*nt.