• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Collar renewal??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their problems were fairly normal ish

Some more cartoony than the rest
im so excited saved by the bell GIF

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It still shows Daniel as the good guy from HIS POV, but it also brings in the POVs of all the other characters to make them more gray. Particularly Johnny and Chozen. Kreese and Silver, they really just made more comic book bad guy.

The chozen stuff was still a hard sell when he was just being violent with him in KK2

But him making amends worked for me

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda thought (again, without watching it) that Bel Aire was to Fresh Prince as Cobra Kai was to Karate Kid. It took the original frame, but built an entirely different building. Even though BA is a reboot while CK was a continuation, they were both born from fan made YT videos adding new perspectives to the IP.

I watched the first season... I think season 3 is starting soon... so I don't know how season 2 went... I did enjoy it... it made some very weird changes, but tried keeping true to the actual story, despite the original being a half hour sitcom, and this being a 45 minute drama...

I don't think the cobra kai comparison fits, because the movie and the show was in the same universe, and most of the morals remained the same...

but in FP, the two shows are not in the same universe, one is a comedy one is a drama... and because it was a drama, where the original joked around on serious topics, the drama explored them much more...

I personally did not like how the new show portrayed Carlton... I thought that was their biggest misstep... he is not likable in the new show....

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it was a horribly acted episode. And her acting, particularly in THAT episode, has not aged ell.

I think most shows had an episode about that or something like it

It’s funny that in the SBTB documentary when they rehearse that scene for the first time screech laughs thinking it’s a comedy

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whereas fuller house tried to keep the same frame just with adults who were the kid actors

It’s an interesting theory

Of course CK shows how neither lens was totally accurate

CK and full house worked well... hit the nostalgia.. just fuller house, the target audience was the people that feel the nostalgia... not the new crowd...

CK, welcomed in the younger viewers, not just the nostalgia

Saved by the bell- not sure who the target audience was...

FP- it is a reinvention of the original... so not sure if there really was a target audience as well... but the attempt was appreciated by all...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed how horribly derailed this thread got. 4 pages, and MAYBE 10 posts actually pertain to the thread title…

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed how horribly derailed this thread got. 4 pages, and MAYBE 10 posts actually pertain to the thread title…

I love white collar

It is all tangentially related though because of how hard it is to do an extension show so far down the line

And no Mozzie makes it even tougher