• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Collar renewal??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burn notice doesn’t have the comedy aspect imo

But fair enough

Psyche
White collar (although mostly mozzie)
Royal pains
Monk

All did fall under that

i still consider Burn notice in that group... Bruce Campbell i thought was pretty funny... but again, when i say funny i dont really think any of these shows were HAHA funny... except of course psych... which was hilarious

actually the remake of McGuyver was damn good and very close to burn notice...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked magicians... but way to dark and depressing to be called fun... same with dark skies...

actually Residential Alien is pretty good...
I tried watching S2 of RA but I gave up after a few episodes. It just got overly stupid.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still consider Burn notice in that group... Bruce Campbell i thought was pretty funny... but again, when i say funny i dont really think any of these shows were HAHA funny... except of course psych... which was hilarious

actually the remake of McGuyver was damn good and very close to burn notice...

McGuyver is definitely closer to that group

I enjoyed it because it did remind me of BN but definitely not as good

It actually fits that group better than BN did

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried watching S2 of RA but I gave up after a few episodes. It just got overly stupid.

yea... it is not a perfect show.... but i was trying to think of something recent in the syfy category to compare with Eureka, Warehouse 13 and the librarians... in tone...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea... it is not a perfect show.... but i was trying to think of something recent in the syfy category to compare with Eureka, Warehouse 13 and the librarians... in tone...
I had hopes for RA. But “Hollywood” couldn’t resist doing it’s “Hollywood” thing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven was an OK recent attempt at this type of show as well. Very lite Sci fi, and it actually stayed somewhat true to the concepts introduced in King’s books (how Thinnies work, etc).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had hopes for RA. But “Hollywood” couldn’t resist doing it’s “Hollywood” thing.

not sure what that means in this case... i am up to date with RA, again, i think its good... definitely the closest thing to a fun syfy show...

definitely less fun than the other 3...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven was an OK recent attempt at this type of show as well. Very lite Sci fi, and it actually stayed somewhat true to the concepts introduced in King’s books (how Thinnies work, etc).

haven was fine... i know i am putting things in baskets here... and i am creating the basket... but i dont consider it like the others mentioned...

was a good show... but not a fun show... LOL i am pretty sure you disagree with me about how i am grouping these shows...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven was fine... i know i am putting things in baskets here... and i am creating the basket... but i dont consider it like the others mentioned...

was a good show... but not a fun show... LOL i am pretty sure you disagree with me about how i am grouping these shows...
No such thing as agree or disagree. We are just free-flow chatting.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean they screwed up fresh prince and saved by the bell

So my expectations for Hollywood are impossibly low

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The dinner scene in Fresh Prince (where Carlton and Hillary each had dirt on Will and made him perform actions at dinner) is still one of the funniest scenes in the history of TV…

IIRC, much of that scene was improv.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two different extremes. They turned FP into a drama. And took some weird liabilities. I will say hinting that uncle Phil was crooked was kind of genius. I mean lawyers make great money. But the banks family was way too wealthy for a lawyer.

As for saved by the bell that never had the same feel as the original. They went overboard on silliness.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two different extremes. They turned FP into a drama. And took some weird liabilities. I will say hinting that uncle Phil was crooked was kind of genius. I mean lawyers make great money. But the banks family was way too wealthy for a lawyer.

As for saved by the bell that never had the same feel as the original. They went overboard on silliness.

Partners at big law firms make stupid money

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never watched the FP reboot. Peacock just hasn’t had enough on it to entice me to subscribe. The FP show peeked my curiosity, but the fact that Smith is still involved in it makes me hesitant to give it my time. I am not doing a firm boycott of him, I just find I am not interested in any project he is involved in atm…

the SbtB reboot was just beyond ridiculous.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never watched the FP reboot. Peacock just hasn’t had enough on it to entice me to subscribe. The FP show peeked my curiosity, but the fact that Smith is still involved in it makes me hesitant to give it my time. I am not doing a firm boycott of him, I just find I am not interested in any project he is involved in atm…

the SbtB reboot was just beyond ridiculous.

I got as far as the dei bimbo having the Morris family’s timeout powers

That was it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got as far as the dei bimbo having the Morris family’s timeout powers

That was it
I already purged the SbtB reboot from my brain. I remember it was seriously woke-a-fied, but outside of that, it was just extremely unfunny.

At least they kept THAT aspect of the show true to the original…. LOL

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already purged the SbtB reboot from my brain. I remember it was seriously woke-a-fied, but outside of that, it was just extremely unfunny.

At least they kept THAT aspect of the show true to the original…. LOL

See I always found it funny

I even still throw it on the full time sbtb channel on freevie

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I always found it funny

I even still throw it on the full time sbtb channel on freevie
Don’t get me wrong. I LOVED SbtB. I watched it during first run back when it was called Good Morning, Miss Bliss. To this day, every time I see TK Carter, I giggle to myself because that is where I know him from.

I also have the connection to both SbtB and 90210 because I graduated HS in ‘93, so they were both “my class”.

And of course, TAT didn’t hurt the show…

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t get me wrong. I LOVED SbtB. I watched it during first run back when it was called Good Morning, Miss Bliss. To this day, every time I see TK Carter, I giggle to myself because that is where I know him from.

I also have the connection to both SbtB and 90210 because I graduated HS in ‘93, so they were both “my class”.

And of course, TAT didn’t hurt the show…

It is crazy how old those shows are now