• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whisenhunt to Titans

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I had him as the best available out of all the potential candidates when the season ended. I'm a little shocked he chose the Titans over the Lions though. I suppose he sees the Titans as having more flexibility to do what he wants. Wiz did well as an OC in Pit and was good as a HC in Arizona. The wheels came off once Warner retired but I'm willing to overlook that because they had some dreadful QBs. It helps that he obviously made a positive impact on Rivers in SD this year. I anticipate the Titans will draft a QB to compete with Locker so whoever wins the job, having Wiz around should definitely be a plus in development.

A big knock on Wiz in AZ was his inability to develop young QB's. He was given every chance to handpick and develop a young QB. The problem was he could never do it with Leinart before Warner and Kevin Kolb, Skelton, Hoyer, etc. after Warner. It was his decision to go after Kolb and he gave up a great cover corner and a 2nd round draft pick to do it. Not the best decision making if you ask me.

Wiz is a below average HC without an elite QB. In addition, when the Cardinal went to the SB, Todd Haley was calling the plays. Wiz is solid at managing personalities, but I question his ability to work with a young team. To me, the perfect situation for him was Detroit.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he the one that called time out in the playoffs when his team had the lead under a minute giving the Jets at least a couple of extra plays that they never would have? I think Caldwell can be a decent head coach. Not impressed with him as an OC these past couple of years but maybe he is one of those guys better suited to be a HC than a coordinator.

He is a learned man. Great philosopher. Loves Shakespeare. Sucks completely as a head coach, but this does not make him a bad person.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how after Horton left, the defense got better.

I see that as a result of having a better GM & guys on the team. If Horton had Dansby, Abraham, Powers & Honey Badger, I think the result would be similar against the pass. Horton's schemes just make it harder to stop the run. I still think Horton is a very good DC. He just tends to be a more all are nothing blitzing DC

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe whiz is hoping locker can actually stay on the field and not be hurt all the time. If he can't, then I'm not sure how someone will win there with no stability at qb.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a learned man. Great philosopher. Loves Shakespeare. Sucks completely as a head coach, but this does not make him a bad person.

Didn't say he was a bad person just not sure how he is as a Head Coach. He always had Peyton Manning until these last couple of years and has had mixed results in that time. I just look at Coordinators who have left New England and the lack of success for them and think too often people look at the record more than how much a certain coordinator really helped a team or certain players. Now maybe he will find success as there is actually quite a bit of talent in Detroit. Honestly I think they just need a coach who can balance all those personalities and help some of those guys to mature a little bit. They brought in a disciplined guy to a very undisciplined organization. My guess is this first year there are going to be some fire works some good and some bad. In the end it will help the organization to get on the right track.