• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whisenhunt to Titans

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its the whole conference thing, he wanted to be back in the AFC?

It is very interesting that he didn't even get on the plane to talk with Detroit....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its the whole conference thing, he wanted to be back in the AFC?

It is very interesting that he didn't even get on the plane to talk with Detroit....

Pretty sure all the teams came to San Diego and he interviewed with them there. Maybe I am wrong.

Couple of things on this topic. As much talent as there is in Detroit the team is a hot mess of personalities that is going to take a special coach to handle all that is there.

Second from the sound of it he just got along with the FO of the Titans more than that of the Lions. Sometimes it is about the connection you have with those who are your bosses more than the talent you will be receiving on the team. Usually means you get a few more chances to build the team that you want compared to the pressure to perform right away.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good marriage. The Titans have excellent lines and good playmakers on both sides of the ball. A few tweaks and personnel upgrades and they will be very formidable.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in the offseason detroit still loses ouch

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good marriage. The Titans have excellent lines and good playmakers on both sides of the ball. A few tweaks and personnel upgrades and they will be very formidable.

John McClain (NFL expert and personal friend of Whis) was one Nashville 104.5 radio yesterday and said Whis no doubt felt the Titans were ready to win a Super Bowl with some work.

The most interesting dynamic of all this is going to be who his DC is and what he wants to do about Locker.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure all the teams came to San Diego and he interviewed with them there. Maybe I am wrong.

Actually Cd I read or saw that when he accepted the Titans job, the Lions plane was sitting in San Diego waiting for him to get on and fly him to Detroit for the interview....

What ever its over now.....:suds:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to understand this move.

Does he draft a new QB? What does he do with Chris Johnson?

I'm not sure that's his decision to make. He'll likely be gone one way or another. Personally, I say cut his sorry ass today and spend that money on a veteran free agent QB, DE or TE.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Cd I read or saw that when he accepted the Titans job, the Lions plane was sitting in San Diego waiting for him to get on and fly him to Detroit for the interview....

What ever its over now.....:suds:

They did a private interview last week in San Diego. They flew to San Diego Monday thinking there was going to be a secondary interview but Wisenhunt made up his mind.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that it is entirely possible that he simply did not want to live in Detroit. :noidea:

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Lions. Going from Whisenhunt to Caldwell.

Apparently Caldwell is getting tons of recommendations from former players and Tony Dungy.

But when I look at that guy, he just looks lost. Something about his looks/mannerisms that wouldn't make me real happy about that hire if I were a Lions fan.

Yeah, shouldn't judge based on that, but cut me some slack. I had to look at Norv Turner on my team's sideline for 5 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Caldwell is getting tons of recommendations from former players and Tony Dungy.

But when I look at that guy, he just looks lost. Something about his looks/mannerisms that wouldn't make me real happy about that hire if I were a Lions fan.

Yeah, shouldn't judge based on that, but cut me some slack. I had to look at Norv Turner on my team's sideline for 5 years.

Wasn't he the one that called time out in the playoffs when his team had the lead under a minute giving the Jets at least a couple of extra plays that they never would have? I think Caldwell can be a decent head coach. Not impressed with him as an OC these past couple of years but maybe he is one of those guys better suited to be a HC than a coordinator.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that it is entirely possible that he simply did not want to live in Detroit. :noidea:

He loves Nashville from his Vandy days but this isn't entirely shocking as people who live in Detroit don't want to live in Detroit. Why would he?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most interesting dynamic of all this is going to be who his DC is and what he wants to do about Locker.

Maybe when Horton doesn't get the Browns HC job, he will get all huffy again & leave for the Titans DC job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for the Titans. Whis was sought after by many teams and I think he went with the team with the most potential. That division has the possibility of being really strong next year and the Titans, with the right QB, could be back in the playoffs.

Hypothetically speaking, if Chris Johnson was trade bait, what do you think he would fetch?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for the Titans. Whis was sought after by many teams and I think he went with the team with the most potential. That division has the possibility of being really strong next year and the Titans, with the right QB, could be back in the playoffs.

Hypothetically speaking, if Chris Johnson was trade bait, what do you think he would fetch?

Very little considering no team would want to take on his contract. If he had a reasonable contract I could see somebody being very interested but he doesn't so maybe a 5th round at best. Most likely they will have to cut him if they want him and his inflated contract gone.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the hire. But why would you cut CJ right away? He knows good and well that he isn't worth that kind of money. They need to get with him and ask him to take a pay cut. If he doesn't, then try to trade him, then cut him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the hire. But why would you cut CJ right away? He knows good and well that he isn't worth that kind of money. They need to get with him and ask him to take a pay cut. If he doesn't, then try to trade him, then cut him.

He has already said very clearly he will refuse to take a pay cut. Yes go talk to him but he doesn't quite seem like the type that is going to listen. Even if you explain to him that he would be paid most likely more with them than any other team my guess is his pride won't allow him to take a pay cut. Then again you are left with trying to trade a very very expensive player that has already shown at times to be a locker room cancer. Not seeing many teams jump at that chance.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already said very clearly he will refuse to take a pay cut. Yes go talk to him but he doesn't quite seem like the type that is going to listen. Even if you explain to him that he would be paid most likely more with them than any other team my guess is his pride won't allow him to take a pay cut. Then again you are left with trying to trade a very very expensive player that has already shown at times to be a locker room cancer. Not seeing many teams jump at that chance.

He's not in a place where he can refuse. Because then he'll find himself either traded or cut. I think if you find a team desperate enough, like maybe the Giants, you could get a 4th round pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he seems to think he is as he has said it more than once that he will refuse any kind of pay cut. He has also said that if he is not going to be the primary guy (doesn't like being a part of a 1-2 punch like most teams are doing this year) that he wants out. Not sure the Giants are the team that I see as they are a franchise that hasn't really liked the locker room cancers. Depending who the new coach is in Cleveland I could see them think about it since they do have quite a few picks in the upcoming draft and then they wouldn't have to worry about running back. Again though this comes down to contract. A few years ago yes some team would have jumped at Johnson at $10 million. Now though when he has been very limited for a couple of years teams probably view his value closer to $3-4 million a year. It is going to take some team pretty stupid out there to make an offer and give up a draft pick for that. Most likely he gets cut then some team signs him to a lower contract on a prove it deal. He is not going to be happy about that.