• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

While we wait.... highlights from other hockey leagues

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Do you know why I'm still playing?" Jagr told The Hockey News. "I have a responsibility to the club, otherwise I wouldn't fly here and I wouldn't be making a fool of myself. But if I quit, the partners and sponsors would leave and the club may be done. I have no choice. People don't understand it, but I don't care. Only God will judge me. I expect much more from myself, and I also believe that I have it in me."

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Do you know why I'm still playing?" Jagr told The Hockey News. "I have a responsibility to the club, otherwise I wouldn't fly here and I wouldn't be making a fool of myself. But if I quit, the partners and sponsors would leave and the club may be done. I have no choice. People don't understand it, but I don't care. Only God will judge me. I expect much more from myself, and I also believe that I have it in me."

Translation....I blew all my money on gambling.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no more D1 Hockey in Pittsburgh.

That sucks, was hoping they'd pull it out. Quite a few D1 programs paused or shuttered completely. RMU is a straight up hockey school. I heard they aren't fielding a women's team or D2 or D3 either. They had all of those.

A kid I know and used to coach was at Alabama-Huntsville playing D1 after 2 years of Junior in Canada. There are currently like 300 players who played D1 last year on the wire looking for teams. Lot of D1 players looking to play club just to keep playing.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks, was hoping they'd pull it out. Quite a few D1 programs paused or shuttered completely. RMU is a straight up hockey school. I heard they aren't fielding a women's team or D2 or D3 either. They had all of those.

A kid I know and used to coach was at Alabama-Huntsville playing D1 after 2 years of Junior in Canada. There are currently like 300 players who played D1 last year on the wire looking for teams. Lot of D1 players looking to play club just to keep playing.
Being an RMU alum when they started the program I donated to it since the beginning.

I just hope the ice complex on Neville Island doesn't shutter. RMU purchased that and was their home since the inception.
Also they used to co-host the Three Rivers Classic two day tourney at PPG(CONSOL) arena. I hope PSU keeps that going when deemed safe again.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being an RMU alum when they started the program I donated to it since the beginning.

I just hope the ice complex on Neville Island doesn't shutter. RMU purchased that and was their home since the inception.
Also they used to co-host the Three Rivers Classic two day tourney at PPG(CONSOL) arena. I hope PSU keeps that going when deemed safe again.
We checked out the Island when my son toured RMU, seriously doubt they could close that place. Isn't there like 6 sheets of ice? There's gotta be a lot more than RMU hockey keeping it alive.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We checked out the Island when my son toured RMU, seriously doubt they could close that place. Isn't there like 6 sheets of ice? There's gotta be a lot more than RMU hockey keeping it alive.
Oh there is with the public skating/ youth hockey/ skating clinics (hockey and figure) But from a funding perspective just more concerned if RMU doesn't bring hockey back will they try and sell off the facility. Since RMU took that over that area around 2004 it has become a great place to skate and hope it continues.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had no clue he was still playing hockey.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That didn't take long for him to get another shot. :L

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell yeah! I will be able to watch some Marchenko and Voronkiov. Plus Datsyuk is still going.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting point in the article:

This also means that Griffin Reinhart will no longer return to Iserlohn. “We are now through and have our core together. We have been in contact with Griffin all summer, but he has decided on a different career path in which ice hockey is no longer a completely overarching role, but also wants to devote himself to his academic development. We wish him all the best for this and thank him for his commitment and the role he played last season, ”said Hommel.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually these games are very tight...

Somebody on a different board said that tonight's win by Canada was the first over the US at the Women's World Hockey Championships in 12 years.

/Obviously, Canada has had more success at the Olympics.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if a player with scoring ability that can’t play a lick of defense couldn’t work in Edmonton, this is his only hope.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, THAT Petr Cech
Yeah it is amazing and much respect for him.

But if there ever is a reason to use this GIF it is now.
dildo-catch.gif

And I know his last name isn't pronounced that way but I am a 'Merican and I pronounce it "Catch" :D

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Hartley milking a goat is the content we all need...