• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

which was the best trade

which trade is the best

• Total voters

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
between bedard and koji which was the better trade

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me i think it's bedard davis and aj close to tied and then you have tilly and johnson which is better than hunter .

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do with this one? I say that, as, after checking with the folks at Baseball Reference, they have the Bedard trade being quite different. Here is their take.

February 8, 2008: Erik Bedard traded by the Baltimore Orioles to the Seattle Mariners for Tony Butler (minors), Adam Jones, Kameron Mickolio, George Sherrill and Chris Tillman.

And, it is due to this that I have to vote for the other trade.
sherrill was traded for steve johnson and bell who is no longer with us .

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Id say its equal. Both trades were amazing trades for us. Sure you could say AJ and Tillman because they are both now All Stars (aj being a couple times before) but the year Davis is having has pretty much single handily carried us this year. Im just going to vote equal because they both were and have been tremendous.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do with this one? I say that, as, after checking with the folks at Baseball Reference, they have the Bedard trade being quite different. Here is their take.

February 8, 2008: Erik Bedard traded by the Baltimore Orioles to the Seattle Mariners for Tony Butler (minors), Adam Jones, Kameron Mickolio, George Sherrill and Chris Tillman.

And, it is due to this that I have to vote for the other trade.

I think what tedman means is players on this team now in a result of these trades. Steve Johnson is here as a result of the trade with the mariners...by flipping over Sherill for SJ and Josh Bell.

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anyone can say the Koji trade is better than the Bedard trade at this point.

Sure Koji was a great reliever for this team and he netted us Chris Davis who has become a monster slugging 1B that we haven't had in many, many years. Tommy Hunter hasn't been anything special and has become a bullpen arm.

Bedard was a top lefty....when he was healthy, which after the trade was pretty much never. The Orioles were never going to keep Bedard and I am glad they didn't. His petulant attitude and his horrible health track record meant he wasn't going to help this team in the future. Now look at what you got for him:

Adam Jones: Was projected to be Torii Hunter and I think it was dead on, save Hunter had more of the speed game and Jones seems to have the edge in power. But you have an every day starting GG/AS centerfielder who bats in the middle of your lineup.

Chris Tillman: Was supposed to be the gem of this trade and while the early returns were horrible, he was so young we had time to let him grow. He is currently 11-3 and the staff ace. He was 9-3 last year and he's only 25 right now.

George Sherrill: Over-achiever who saved a lot of games for us once he became the closer. Netted us Steve Johnson and Josh Bell, Bell netted us Mike Belfiore.

Kam Mickolio: Never amounted to anything here, but was used in part to get us Mark Reynolds who if nothing else supplied us with some power and OBP.

Tony Butler: Never panned out.

They were both great trades, but the Bedard trade keeps on giving us more pieces and has given us long term players. Unless Davis is inked to a long term deal soon, I have to say the Bedard trade is the better of the two.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the Bedard trade slightly, just because it netted an AS CF and a really good starter, but if Davis does this for 5-6 years and breaks any record he alone wins the deal. We have to see Tillman pitch for a few years too.