• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Teams are pretenders

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So said every fan of every team that has gotten halfway decent over the last 20 years and they have all been proven wrong other than the Patriots fans
Just by having Russell Wilson in that division, it's gonna be very tough to have longterm success as you can't even guarantee the playoffs and a home playoff game. Especially with Seattle randomly pulling off a near flawless rebuild on D. We still don't know what G and Rosen are. Part of what makes the Pats the Pats, is they can be the 6th best team in the NFL in a given year and still get HFA in the AFC...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just by having Russell Wilson in that division, it's gonna be very tough to have longterm success as you can't even guarantee the playoffs and a home playoff game. Especially with Seattle randomly pulling off a near flawless rebuild on D. We still don't know what G and Rosen are. Part of what makes the Pats the Pats, is they can be the 6th best team in the NFL in a given year and still get HFA in the AFC...

Sooner or later Wilson will start breaking down with all the hits he has taking in his career, he will 31 next season. Sacked 285 times, not to mention the hits. Compared to guy like Peyton who is been sacked 303 times in 157 more games played than Wilson.

What also makes the Pats the Pats, is they have played in the weakest division. Look at the qb they have faced, no Marino's no Testaverde's no Kelly's

Also Pats have Belicheck at top, sure McVay hasn't accomplished as much yet, but he is proven to be argued the best young coach in the NFL. Continuing with the same structure at top is one of the keys to long term success. I don't McVay is going anywhere, if he was a fraud he certainly would be exposed by now and not getting better.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continuing with the same structure at top is one of the keys to long term success.
I think that is always a huge key to long term success. But it does require the right coach/GM in the right situation. McVay has done well. I guess we will find out soon enough if they can take the next step to the promised land but I like everything I've seen from McVay so far. Even if you guys are a rival. I would be really happy if the Hawks ruined some peoples hopes though. Not counting on it but almost anything is possible. Cheers @Battlelyon , good luck.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, calling your team a dynasty before you even win a playoff game is extremely premature.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, calling your team a dynasty before you even win a playoff game is extremely premature.

There is a difference between calling something a dynasty and being competitive for years. I never said they were going to be a dynasty.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later Wilson will start breaking down with all the hits he has taking in his career, he will 31 next season. Sacked 285 times, not to mention the hits. Compared to guy like Peyton who is been sacked 303 times in 157 more games played than Wilson.
Manning had a risk for neck issues coming right into the NFL. I am not aware of any such condition, or predisposition for Wilson. Seattle's OL is much better this year, and Wilson has a much bigger arm than Manning ever really did so that won't fade for quite a while still. I recall Favre getting absolutely destroyed at times and he played forever.

What also makes the Pats the Pats, is they have played in the weakest division. Look at the qb they have faced, no Marino's no Testaverde's no Kelly's
Well, you just said the same thing I said- but much blunter. We'll have to deal with dumb "but the AFCE has the most WINZ" arguments.

Also Pats have Belicheck at top, sure McVay hasn't accomplished as much yet, but he is proven to be argued the best young coach in the NFL. Continuing with the same structure at top is one of the keys to long term success. I don't McVay is going anywhere, if he was a fraud he certainly would be exposed by now and not getting better.
Sure, I am just saying even with that, it's hard to sustain success in the NFL unless you have a cupcake division and coaching that isn't just sharp the first 5 years, but 10 or 20- see difference between Packers/Patriots.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later Wilson will start breaking down opinion with all the hits he has taking in his career, he will 31 next season. Sacked 285 times, not to mention the hits. Compared to guy like Peyton who is been sacked 303 times in 157 more games played than Wilson.

What also makes the Pats the Pats, is they have played in the weakest division. opinion Look at the qb they have faced, no Marino's no Testaverde's no Kelly's

Also Pats have Belicheck at top, sure McVay hasn't accomplished as much yet, but he is proven opinion to be argued the best young coach in the NFL. Continuing with the same structure at top is one of the keys to long term success. I don't McVay is going anywhere, if he was a fraud he certainly would be exposed by now and not getting better.

Your post is all your opinion. Thank you for sharing but believing does not make it true.....

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I am just saying even with that, it's hard to sustain success in the NFL unless you have a cupcake division and coaching that isn't just sharp the first 5 years, but 10 or 20- see difference between Packers/Patriots.

I'm optimistic for the future, sure it could belly up. All I can do it enjoy it now.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning had a risk for neck issues coming right into the NFL. I am not aware of any such condition, or predisposition for Wilson. Seattle's OL is much better this year, and Wilson has a much bigger arm than Manning ever really did so that won't fade for quite a while still. I recall Favre getting absolutely destroyed at times and he played forever.

The wee One is sturdily built.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every year since 2013, the number one seed has won the Super Bowl

Yep, number 1 seed outta the NFC or AFC, one of the 2 has won it all since 2013 ... So recent history looks good for the #1 seeds...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One good thing about Russ though, his height actually benefits him when it comes to getting hit... He's also built like a running back..

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Wilson has plenty of sacks from some abysmal offensive lines and extending plays, but sacks and big hits are very different. He's known for being able to evade the big hits that plague other QBs. When he runs he almost never takes unnecessary contact and he's mobile enough in the pocket to not take the brutal blindside hits that non-mobile QBs take from time to time. I just don't see the theory that QB hits will be Wilson's downfall anytime soon.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you just said the same thing I said- but much blunter. We'll have to deal with dumb "but the AFCE has the most WINZ" arguments.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-power-ranking-divisions-2002-realignment-110916

I understand you take NE out of their calculation , I still would have them mid of the pack for divisions, doubt they drop to worst. Besides having a better record outside their division, they are like .850 against the best division AFCN. AFCS has been the worst div, that's why they had a #1, or #2 seeding with Peyton as their QB, but got bounced 9 times in their first playoff game, because the weaker teams get exposed. And remember ##BadymattersbutRBdontmatter.

I know the article is from 2 years ago so a little skewed

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Wilson has plenty of sacks from some abysmal offensive lines and extending plays, but sacks and big hits are very different. He's known for being able to evade the big hits that plague other QBs. When he runs he almost never takes unnecessary contact and he's mobile enough in the pocket to not take the brutal blindside hits that non-mobile QBs take from time to time. I just don't see the theory that QB hits will be Wilson's downfall anytime soon.

Wilson has great wheels and an arm, but has one of the biggest hearts , and that makes him scary. If he gets stripped he fights and gets the ball back most of the time, while a guy like Cam or a few others just stand there and have the defense recover it. I never count him out for any game and imo he is the most important player on any NFL team. He accounted for what, every TD last year but 1. You take him of Seattle and they drop harder than any team

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has great wheels and an arm, but has one of the biggest hearts , and that makes him scary. If he gets stripped he fights and gets the ball back most of the time, while a guy like Cam or a few others just stand there and have the defense recover it. I never count him out for any game and imo he is the most important player on any NFL team. He accounted for what, every TD last year but 1. You take him of Seattle and they drop harder than any team

I hate the Wee One.

But I respect his abilities.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have never blown out any opponent in their five Superbowl wins. No one has blown them out in their 3 Superbowl losses. It doesn't matter if one team is better than another. The team that doesn't get overwhelmed by the glitz and plays better on that one Sunday gets the prize.