• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Teams are pretenders

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that stadium disrupts the path of migratory birds. Like the birds fly straight into it or something. Messed up.

I've worked there 3 years for many games, concerts, private parties, etc. I have not one time ever seen one single dead bird. If you want to be an idiotic PETA piece of shit, why don't you complain about every skyscraper in the country?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when it was common for a team that was not a #1 seed to win?

I would have to look back at the statistical history, but just off the top of my head I think it did happen more back in the day.... You don't see road upsets as much, come to think of it, who was the last big playoff road win upset ? Seems like the 2 top seeds have been getting in for a while now...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to look back at the statistical history, but just off the top of my head I think it did happen more back in the day.... You don't see road upsets as much, come to think of it, who was the last big playoff road win upset ? Seems like the 2 top seeds have been getting in for a while now...

From 2004 through 2012, only 1 #1 seed won the Superbowl and only 2 #2 seeds out of 9 years!

THE NUMBERS BEHIND SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Seattle is a pretenders, Not sure why people would feel that way, they have one of the best rushing teams in the NFL, they have a legit QB, 3 deep at running back, decent receiving Corp... Lack of pass rush and a young secondary is a weak point, so I’m not thinking SB right now, but people saying they’re pretenders, I’m not seeing that... Seattle running the ball like they are makes Wilson VERY dangerous to deal with....

Seattle is just setting up for next season. This season is very reminiscent of 2012 if they win out. It seems letting go of JG improved the offense because it no longer took away from TL. They don't have the defense to contend against the rams or saints, but they can beat the bears or cowboys.

Yes I see LA as the 2011-12 SF and Seattle as Seattle building up for another run. Their offense could attract defense in free agency.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZZZZZ... Keep trying.

I hate poor man's Skip. Ignoring that turd is a better solution.

How Skip Bayless became a big deal is beyond me. He certainly was right about the saints destroying the eagles.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Skip Bayless became a big deal is beyond me. He certainly was right about the saints destroying the eagles.

That dude had a PI stalk Troy Aikman in the 90s to try to prove he was gay. He's a pathetic shock jock that doesn't even believe most of what he says. Cowherd is just a bogus version of him. A couple of trolls that Fox shouldn't have even hired to sweep the floors.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think they are the same as last years team only illustrates that you don't what you are talking. The toughest schedules this year, only the Rams have a winning record and of course no team has a better record in football. Our loss was at New Orleans, who has the second best record in football.

As far as the atmosphere, if you noticed the last home game was electric versus the Chiefs, you wouldn't even Chiefs fans were in the crowd. But you seem not to notice much with those comments

Yeesh. Touchy subject?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every year since 2013, the number one seed has won the Super Bowl

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I see LA as the 2011-12 SF and Seattle as Seattle building up for another run. Their offense could attract defense in free agency.

I hate to break it to you but this Rams team is built for long term success too, more so than Seattle. Some of our elite players haven't even reached their prime yet, while we will be moving into the Taj Mahal of sports in two seasons.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team I most underestimated? Seattle. I really expected them to look a lot worse than they have this year, and especially lately. They're making the playoffs IMO. Just really seemed like they had a lot of issues to work with, but PC has made them a cohesive squad once again.

Team I most overestimated? Minnesota. I really expected them to win that division this year. I thought Chicago would compete but not fare as well as they have, in part because I figured the Packers would at least put up some semblance of decency. So TL;DR, the division was Minnesota's for the taking, and while they are certainly in the hunt, they seem to be wavering. I love Zimmer from his time in Cincy so I'm rooting for the Vikes to make the playoffs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to really have an opinion on the Ravens with Jackson with such a small sample. They are 100% pretenders with Flacco and have been for years, however.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you Hank, but lashing out at me and my team isn't going to change the flaws in your team.

I'm not overly fused about that.

And define lashing out? Vikes have been pretenders since Joe Kapp. Destined to lose the last big game they play every year.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to really have an opinion on the Ravens with Jackson with such a small sample. They are 100% pretenders with Flacco and have been for years, however.
I'm with you there. I need to see what Jackson can do with his arm when teams keep him contained in the pocket and pressure him. So far, he hasn't looked good in the pocket. The D can keep them close but I don't see them having enough on the other side of the ball. Hell, with KC and the Chargers coming up for the Ravens, the Titans could sneak in to that 6 seed yet.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I'd rank the current playoff teams. The whole thing can change this Sunday Evening.

Saints
Pat's
Rams
Chiefs
Bears
Texans
Chargers
Cowboys
Seahawks
Steelers
Vikings
Ravens

I thought about starting a new thread with this, but didn't care enough to do so.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I'd rank the current playoff teams. The whole thing can change this Sunday Evening.

Saints
Pat's
Rams
Chiefs
Bears
Texans
Chargers
Cowboys
Seahawks
Steelers
Vikings
Ravens

I thought about starting a new thread with this, but didn't care enough to do so.
No way the Pat's are better than the Rams

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to break it to you but this Rams team is built for long term success too, more so than Seattle. Some of our elite players haven't even reached their prime yet, while we will be moving into the Taj Mahal of sports in two seasons.

So said every fan of every team that has gotten halfway decent over the last 20 years and they have all been proven wrong other than the Patriots fans