• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team wins?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it matters who's coaching...
It sure made a difference when Jackson took over from previous coaches with both the Bulls and Lakers with the same talent.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure made a difference when Jackson took over from previous coaches with both the Bulls and Lakers with the same talent.

Or when Kerr took over from Mark Jackson. Same squad.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting exercise.

Each team has a player that you could argue is the GOAT. Each primarily plays different positions(Lebron is really a 3 although plays 2 as well).

Team A would be wildly overmatched at the 5. Davis is a really good player but not at the level of the hall of famers on the other teams. OTOH, Team A's shooting would be really difficult to stop, especially if you swap out Westbrook with Thompson.

Team B has 5 Hall of Famers. But I think Payton would foul out trying to defend Curry and I have no idea how Barkley would defend Lebron. OTOH, Jordan is Jordan and Hakeem would be close to unstoppable.

Team C would dominate the paint. But their perimeter shooting would be one guy and they would have real trouble defending KD/Lebron. OTOH not sure how you could stop Duncan and Shaq together.

From a talent perspective Team B probably gets the edge. But given how much the game has changed to perimeter shooting, I have a hard time seeing someone outscoring Team A.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting exercise.

Each team has a player that you could argue is the GOAT. Each primarily plays different positions(Lebron is really a 3 although plays 2 as well).

Team A would be wildly overmatched at the 5. Davis is a really good player but not at the level of the hall of famers on the other teams. OTOH, Team A's shooting would be really difficult to stop, especially if you swap out Westbrook with Thompson.

Team B has 5 Hall of Famers. But I think Payton would foul out trying to defend Curry and I have no idea how Barkley would defend Lebron. OTOH, Jordan is Jordan and Hakeem would be close to unstoppable.

Team C would dominate the paint. But their perimeter shooting would be one guy and they would have real trouble defending KD/Lebron. OTOH not sure how you could stop Duncan and Shaq together.

From a talent perspective Team B probably gets the edge. But given how much the game has changed to perimeter shooting, I have a hard time seeing someone outscoring Team A.

I agree, Team B is still the choice but it is hard to go against Lebron driving and having Steph, KD and Klay (if you substitute Russ with Klay). That is just silly.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current List: B > C > A

One change for each team:
A: Wade at SG
B: Malone at PF
C: Kidd in/ McGrady out

Now what?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current List: B > C > A

One change for each team:
A: Wade at SG
B: Malone at PF
C: Kidd in/ McGrady out

Now what?
Ummmm, same result.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm, same result.

This. The only way you get team C, IMO, to match up with B is if you subbed out Dirk for Timmy and J-Kidd for Iverson. You'd have a pass first PG to distribute, and you'd add a lethal big combo with Dirk out on the perimeter so teams would have a harder time hedging for help on Shaq.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. The only way you get team C, IMO, to match up with B is if you subbed out Dirk for Timmy and J-Kidd for Iverson. You'd have a pass first PG to distribute, and you'd add a lethal big combo with Dirk out on the perimeter so teams would have a harder time hedging for help on Shaq.

And Wade for Westbrook is actually a downgrade. The idea is to get a shooter who is not ball dominant and can defend. Klay Thompson is the clear choice there.