• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team wins?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would post this here. My buddies and I were having an argument over this. There was an IG post that had 3 teams listed on it and who would win. Here are the squads:

Team A
Steph Curry
Russell Westbrook
Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Anthony Davis

Team B
Gary Payton
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Charles Barkley
Hakeem Olajuwon

Team C
Allen Iverson
Kobe Bryant
Tracy McGrady
Tim Duncan
Shaq O'Neal

Almost all my buddies picked one team, but I picked a different on. Who do you got here?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game or a series? What era rules? Who's coaching? Do just these guys have to go 48 minutes? At what points in their careers?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough call, but I think that Team C having both Shaq and Duncan would be a little too much to handle for both Team A and B. Davis and Duncan have the height, but not the bulk to deal with Shaq and Duncan. Olajuwon is great, but Barkley wouldn't do well against Shaq or Duncan.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who's best but man would those be fun games to watch

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough call, but I think that Team C having both Shaq and Duncan would be a little too much to handle for both Team A and B. Davis and Duncan have the height, but not the bulk to deal with Shaq and Duncan. Olajuwon is great, but Barkley wouldn't do well against Shaq or Duncan.
Barkley played Duncan a number of times in the regular season and playoff his last couple of years with the Rockets. They played pretty evenly and this was late career Chuck and new Duncan. I think it would be pretty even in their primes.
Generally, without further details, I would go team B

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had Nash or Jason Kidd on Team over Iverson , they would be a no brainer.

But, it would be a nightmare to watch the tug of war between Iverson and Kobe to decide who was going to be the guy to NOT pass the ball to Duncan or Shaq.

I think the Dream would reenact the David Robinson popcorn machine on a light in the ass Davis.

Payton and Westbrook would come to blows by the 2nd quarter.

If Bron is playing the 3, Pippen is cooked.

If Bron is playing the 4, that would be some shit I'd love to see vs. Barkley.

Jordan is Jordan.

So, B>A>C

I'm giggling because I'm drinking wine and bac means blood alcohol content.

* hiccup*

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had Nash or Jason Kidd on Team over Iverson , they would be a no brainer.

But, it would be a nightmare to watch the tug of war between Iverson and Kobe to decide who was going to be the guy to NOT pass the ball to Duncan or Shaq.

I think the Dream would reenact the David Robinson popcorn machine on a light in the ass Davis.

Payton and Westbrook would come to blows by the 2nd quarter.

If Bron is playing the 3, Pippen is cooked.

If Bron is playing the 4, that would be some shit I'd love to see vs. Barkley.

Jordan is Jordan.

So, B>A>C

I'm giggling because I'm drinking wine and bac means blood alcohol content.

* hiccup*

lol ya lush...:heh:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure as hell ain't C. AI, Kobe, and T-Mac would get into a fistfight over who gets to hold the ball, Shaq will get frustrated and instantly put on weight making him 30% less effective, and Tim would just passively sit there and watch.

I'll say B

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C is the worst by far, IMO. Pieces don't fit very well.

I think it would be a heck of a game between A and B, but I take B. A would actually be better if Klay were substituted for Westrbook. He is a better defender and does not need the ball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team B. Also, with Payton, Barkley and MJ, they might be one of the meanest teams ever assembled too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C is the worst by far, IMO. Pieces don't fit very well.

I think it would be a heck of a game between A and B, but I take B. A would actually be better if Klay were substituted for Westrbook. He is a better defender and does not need the ball.

C would wipe the floor with A

Who is going to stop Shaq? Plus with him and Duncan in the paint it rules out any effectiveness lebron has by driving to the basket.

In a 7 games series team C would beat team A 4-1

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C would wipe the floor with A

Who is going to stop Shaq? Plus with him and Duncan in the paint it rules out any effectiveness lebron has by driving to the basket.

In a 7 games series team C would beat team A 4-1

So they are just leaving KD open. Ok lol. AD also spreads the floor and his mid-range is money.

vGlDkh.gif

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team B is the best team. They have some mismatches with Team A, but the pure athleticism is dangerous on A. Put Klay in over Westbrook and it would be closer.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team B for me as well.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the replies. Mostly this validates me not feeling crazy by me being the only one choosing Team B.

My buddies all chose team C. It was surprising because my friends are really knowledgeable about basketball. The one I consider with the most knowledge I let it pass because he's got a huge bias towards Shaq and he's his favorite player of all time. The others choosing C was really surprising to me too.

I just felt that team C didn't mesh very well together. 3 ball dominated guards, who need the ball to produce in their hands and two low post players that command the ball too don't work well.

Team B I felt was the most balanced. They're a little light on shooting, but defensively they are by far the best. Payton, Jordan, Pippen and Olajuwon are probably top 3 defensive players at their positions in NBA history. Barkley was also no slouch, but his rebounding was amazing.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the replies. Mostly this validates me not feeling crazy by me being the only one choosing Team B.

My buddies all chose team C. It was surprising because my friends are really knowledgeable about basketball. The one I consider with the most knowledge I let it pass because he's got a huge bias towards Shaq and he's his favorite player of all time. The others choosing C was really surprising to me too.

I just felt that team C didn't mesh very well together. 3 ball dominated guards, who need the ball to produce in their hands and two low post players that command the ball too don't work well.

Team B I felt was the most balanced. They're a little light on shooting, but defensively they are by far the best. Payton, Jordan, Pippen and Olajuwon are probably top 3 defensive players at their positions in NBA history. Barkley was also no slouch, but his rebounding was amazing.

Team C is a unbalanced collection of individual Superstars.

The Chemistry would be awful.

If you subbed out Iverson for Nash or Kidd, it would work better.

I'd probably prefer Reggie Miller or Ray Allen over Kobe too.

Nash and Allen/Miller would give the bigs more room to work by spacing the floor.