• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team(s) do you feel ain't getting enough hype?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac12 South is so loaded it's tough to pick anyone in it as a sleeper. I think they could all beat on each other leaving no team better than 2 losses.

I have to think a sleeper comes from the ACC. The conference no one is talking about. FSU and Clemson slip up who knows, GT, Miami, NC St, Louisville, VTech could sneak in a good shot at the playoffs.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florence was pretty good, he just got stuck behind RG3 for a couple of years. Russell will be fine at qb. Beylur probably getting just the right amount of hype given their OOC and the tendency to wet the bed once a season. They're going to rip off six or seven straight before the schedule toughens up, and then let's see what they do.

That's the thing-expectations are higher now. Florence did alright but he was something like 7-5 as a starter. Good for Baylor a couple of years ago but if Russell throws for 4K and goes 8-4 the fan base will be calling for Stidman.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing-expectations are higher now. Florence did alright but he was something like 7-5 as a starter. Good for Baylor a couple of years ago but if Russell throws for 4K and goes 8-4 the fan base will be calling for Stidman.
If they're throwing for 4,000 yards and still losing, it'll be the defense that has under-performed. I don't see how even genetically-challenged Southern Baptists could call for Russell's head on a platter in that circumstance.

Oh, and mom wants you to call her. She asked me for money but I said no.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your point is valid, however I think Florence did better than 7-5...? Not sure, but I think so. I know Texas beat him in Austin, but it was a shootout, something like 52-48 or something like that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say Texas.

The ACC is just not a good conference.

While the B12 is loaded Texas has a lot of talent. And Swoopes or Heard can get them to be a dangerous team. I can see them ruining the season of either Baylor or TCU. But probably not both.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this should be in the "who is getting too much hype" but I'm going to say UNC because they're very similar to Notre Dame but aren't getting anywhere close to the same treatment.

Points in the SportsHoopla poll:
Notre Dame - 298
UNC - 20

Last year:
Notre Dame finished 5-5 (against non-sucky teams)
UNC finished 4-7 (against non-sucky teams)

The game between the two teams was a coin flip game.
Following the game Notre Dame went 2-4 and UNC went 4-3.
Notre Dame brings back 19 starters, UNC brings back 18 starters (We lost 16 catches on offense). We lost 2 defensive players, and brought in Chizik. No way that unit can be worse than last year.

So either Notre Dame did something to show theyre sooooo much better than UNC or the amount of hype is off for one of these two.