• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which RB has the most 25+yard runs in postseason history?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why it works out the way it does, but Lynch often has fairly quiet and slow first halves with few explosive plays and then goes off in the 3rd, and more often the 4th quarters. I'd be curious to see how many explosive plays he has by quarter. It would seem most defenses wear down as the game goes on and their adjustments combined with it allow him to spring some big runs. And we hope to see a few more of them before the season is over.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why it works out the way it does, but Lynch often has fairly quiet and slow first halves with few explosive plays and then goes off in the 3rd, and more often the 4th quarters. I'd be curious to see how many explosive plays he has by quarter. It would seem most defenses wear down as the game goes on and their adjustments combined with it allow him to spring some big runs. And we hope to see a few more of them before the season is over.

He's wear defenders down from needing to commit and gang tackle him. In the second half both he and Wilson seem to have fresh legs and that's when they take advantage of the defensive fatigue.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the haters to come along and say "So, you guys are saying hes the best ever?"

This board is funny that way.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now another question:
Which RB averaged the most rushing yards per game in the playoffs (min. 5 games)?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's wear defenders down from needing to commit and gang tackle him. In the second half both he and Wilson seem to have fresh legs and that's when they take advantage of the defensive fatigue.

I've noticed the blocking isn't the same in the second half either. It isn't just Lynch wearing them down, but the blocking seems to make bigger holes for whatever reason. There were only a couple of games all year that he didn't have explosive plays in and both were when the line had several guys out. I hate our O line, but there is no denying they still are a solid run blocking unit. At least in the second half.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it.

I was surprised to hear that. They said it on Playbook on Saturday night.

I had a feeling this would be the answer, but figured it would be too obvious. Didn't think the OP was that big of a Hawks homer ;) haha just kidding! Love beast mode.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now another question:
Which RB averaged the most rushing yards per game in the playoffs (min. 5 games)?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say TD because you're a Broncos fan.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling this would be the answer, but figured it would be too obvious. Didn't think the OP was that big of a Hawks homer ;) haha just kidding! Love beast mode.

A good comparison can be made by looking at Lynch and Sherman, both are at the top of their game, and both are in the "best at your position argument" But it seems nobody ever mentions Lynch....yet everyone is talking about Sherman.....

I read an article on nfl.com that shermans total from incoming sponsorship was around 500K pre nfccg, the article was guessing that number will balloon up to around 5 million..... possibly before the superbowl.

Love him or most likely hate him,,,,, people are talking about him, and he's capatilizing financially because of it.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go out on a limb and say TD because you're a Broncos fan.

:clap:

And it's not really that close. TD averaged 32 more yards per game than the 2nd closest (John Riggins)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good comparison can be made by looking at Lynch and Sherman, both are at the top of their game, and both are in the "best at your position argument" But it seems nobody ever mentions Lynch....yet everyone is talking about Sherman.....

I read an article on nfl.com that shermans total from incoming sponsorship was around 500K pre nfccg, the article was guessing that number will balloon up to around 5 million..... possibly before the superbowl.

Love him or most likely hate him,,,,, people are talking about him, and he's capatilizing financially because of it.

I actually drafted Lynch 2nd overall in my fantasy league because of how high I am on him. I think he is the 2nd best back in the game behind AP. If you've seen me in other threads, i've backed Sherman in all my posts. He IS the best CB in the game.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
William Perry

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually drafted Lynch 2nd overall in my fantasy league because of how high I am on him. I think he is the 2nd best back in the game behind AP. If you've seen me in other threads, i've backed Sherman in all my posts. He IS the best CB in the game.

I like Lynch a lot, but I'm not sure I'd call him better than McCoy. But the top 5 or 6 are so close (other than AP until further notice) and it's all subjective with RB's, imo. Too many factors go into success at the position. Good blocking at the line, a top-notch TE that can seal the edge or a great lead blocking fullback (for some). The thing that amazes me about Lynch is all the yards after contact. He just won't go down easy. I think that takes it's toll on LB's and that helps in the second half of games to get those big runs.