• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which game will be flexed?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, if the Week 17 slate of games were to be played today. All three of these games; CHI/GB, DAL/PHI, and CIN/BAL would be winner take all for all three of those divisions. (NFCN, NFCE, and AFCN)

I would think we'd all want to see the Bears/Pack get that final week SNF flex, if it was indeed for the North title. It would make that game all that much bigger.

Most would probably say that the league would lean DAL/PHI, as Dallas rakes in the ratings and Philly kind of falls under the "east coast bias" theory. Although, GB and CHI also rakes in the ratings, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL switch it up a bit. They've flexed Dallas two years in a row in NFC East "winner take all" games. Maybe it's time for a change this year?

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so , it should anyway its the biggest rivalry in sports. This time maybe we can knock out Flynn.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already put us on SNF this weekend............They won`t do it two weeks in a row.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already put us on SNF this weekend............They won`t do it two weeks in a row.

I cant see that alone being a factor. Whats at stake week will determine it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's been done before. I forget when, but I know for a 100% fact that they've done it before.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly (3) and Chicago (2) are the 2nd and 3rd biggest tv markets for the nfl.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, if the Week 17 slate of games were to be played today. All three of these games; CHI/GB, DAL/PHI, and CIN/BAL would be winner take all for all three of those divisions. (NFCN, NFCE, and AFCN)

I would think we'd all want to see the Bears/Pack get that final week SNF flex, if it was indeed for the North title. It would make that game all that much bigger.

Most would probably say that the league would lean DAL/PHI, as Dallas rakes in the ratings and Philly kind of falls under the "east coast bias" theory. Although, GB and CHI also rakes in the ratings, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL switch it up a bit. They've flexed Dallas two years in a row in NFC East "winner take all" games. Maybe it's time for a change this year?

The last week of the NFL season never has a Sunday Night game all games are noon or 3:25pm if you are central time that is. Go look at the NFL schedule there is no current game scheduled week 17 at night so it would be hard to flex to a game that does not exist.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last week of the NFL season never has a Sunday Night game all games are noon or 3:25pm if you are central time that is. Go look at the NFL schedule there is no current game scheduled week 17 at night so it would be hard to flex to a game that does not exist.

LOL... wow. You just made quite the fool of yourself, sir.

I can't tell if this is serious or not. Do you not really follow the NFL closely?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... wow. You just made quite the fool of yourself, sir.

I can't tell if this is serious or not. Do you not really follow the NFL closely?

Not quite sure on how I made a fool of myself telling the truth but whatever works for you.

From the NFL website

2013 schedule week 17 - no night game there are 4 late games though.
NFL 2013 Regular Season Week 17 Schedule - NFL.com

If you can get the NFL to have a Sunday night game in week 17 please let me know so I can set time aside to watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite sure on how I made a fool of myself telling the truth but whatever works for you.

From the NFL website

2013 schedule week 17 - no night game there are 4 late games though.
NFL 2013 Regular Season Week 17 Schedule - NFL.com

If you can get the NFL to have a Sunday night game in week 17 please let me know so I can set time aside to watch it.

:doh:

Please dude. Stop.

You're digging yourself a deeper hole. They don't schedule the SNF game until the week before on purpose, to assure a game with playoff implications.

Remember the last two seasons? NYG played DAL for the NFC East title? Then last year it was WASH and DAL? Romo and the Boys lost both?

They've done it like this for a LOOOOOONG time.

NFL Flexible Scheduling

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

Here, I'll get this over with for you. Save you the time.

YOU: "Sorry Rich. I was wrong, and you were right."

ME: "No problem Legs."

YOU: "BTW, Jay Cutler is the greatest QB in the league, and the Bears are totally going to win the North."

ME: Yes they are Legs... Yes they are...

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

???? Ummmm. No. LOL

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? Ummmm. No. LOL

Yeah... lol. Yeah, not sure where he got that idea. However, I think my post should clear things up for him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see that alone being a factor. Whats at stake week will determine it.

You think the Bears will be the only team playing for something on the line?

Nah,they won`t do it twice in a row.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I repeat... they have done it before the last two weeks of the season. Having a team play two straight SNF games.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... lol. Yeah, not sure where he got that idea. However, I think my post should clear things up for him.

Yes you are right sorry on that my mistake. And yes I hope Cutler plays I was wishing that when I was at Lambeau field when they last played to give the Packers a better chance but we didn't get so lucky

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are right sorry on that my mistake. And yes I hope Cutler plays I was wishing that when I was at Lambeau field when they last played to give the Packers a better chance but we didn't get so lucky

Yeah, I was just messing with you on the last part.

And I wouldn't be so sure about that. That's not Johnny Knox, Devin Hester, and Kellen Davis he's throwing to out there anymore.

And that's not the Packers secondary of 10-11 out there anymore either.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good friggin grief...did you actually read what I said? To repeat- A consecutive appearance alone WILL NOT be the sole factor. Whats at stake will determine who will play. Not- "Do I think the Bears will be the only team playing for something on the line"? At this point with 2 weeks to go, I really dont know, but probably not. What I am confident is that just because they are on SNF week 16 wont solely preclude them playing week 17 on SNF.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, you suffer from the "its just Cutler" syndrome. Pretty sure Jay has benefitted from a much better o line and 3 quality receiving targets, just like Josh has. Like Rich said, when Cutler plays vs GB, Davis and Knox arent coming back to suit up...along with 4 of the 5 starters on O line from last year.