• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where's the Thursday night games?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was mid season when we started getting MAC games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, but thought decent Thursday night games started at the beginning of the year. So far this year the bigger games you'd expect to be played on Thursday night are being played on Friday night. TCU/SMU a couple weeks ago, and this week USC/WSU.

Is it because the NFL is trying to schedule more intriguing Thursday night games this year so CFB has decided to give us the Tulsa/Temple's of the world?

Seems USC/WSU would be way better for Thursday night than a Friday night game. In a couple weeks it's another lackluster Thursday night game and GT/Louisville play on Friday night.

I got used to watching some decent matchups Thursday nights and I would take any CFB game over an NFL game.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, the NFL moved in on Thursday night so college is now focusing on Friday. Same thing is happening with thanksgiving night, with the NFL now having 3 thanksgiving games the college night games are becoming more rare.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, the NFL moved in on Thursday night so college is now focusing on Friday. Same thing is happening with thanksgiving night, with the NFL now having 3 thanksgiving games the college night games are becoming more rare.
Wonder who it is making the decisions for CFB to stand down to the NFL?

Because if it is about ratings and fan interest, in 2018, I honestly think CFB has a better shot of over throwing the NFL.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder who it is making the decisions for CFB to stand down to the NFL?

Because if it is about ratings and fan interest, in 2018, I honestly think CFB has a better shot of over throwing the NFL.

We all love college football on here, but don't be silly. The NFL is a tv monster, nothing can compete with it.

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder who it is making the decisions for CFB to KNEEL to the NFL?

:fify:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was mid season when we started getting MAC games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, but thought decent Thursday night games started at the beginning of the year. So far this year the bigger games you'd expect to be played on Thursday night are being played on Friday night. TCU/SMU a couple weeks ago, and this week USC/WSU.

Is it because the NFL is trying to schedule more intriguing Thursday night games this year so CFB has decided to give us the Tulsa/Temple's of the world?

Seems USC/WSU would be way better for Thursday night than a Friday night game. In a couple weeks it's another lackluster Thursday night game and GT/Louisville play on Friday night.

I got used to watching some decent matchups Thursday nights and I would take any CFB game over an NFL game.
After that fiasco last year with truck racing taking 25% of a marquee game the league went back and pushed some new rules with their contracts and I believe they pushed to have more Friday than Thursday and have rules about not having it come on a back to back road week or something like that. Anyway, they changed the rules for Pac12 teams on weeknight games.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that fiasco last year with truck racing taking 25% of a marquee game the league went back and pushed some new rules with their contracts and I believe they pushed to have more Friday than Thursday and have rules about not having it come on a back to back road week or something like that. Anyway, they changed the rules for Pac12 teams on weeknight games.

Was that a Thursday night game where that happened? If so, pretty simple, you tell FOX to cut the crap and air your football games over truck racing. CFB should take priority over truck racing and should so in future scheduling.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I love college football, but even for you, that’s insane.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all love college football on here, but don't be silly. The NFL is a tv monster, nothing can compete with it.
100% True...bunch of dumb bastards I say. CFB is much better.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only NFL watching I do is RedZone and that is only to pay attention to my fantasy team. If it weren't for fantasy football I probably wouldn't tune into the NFL at all.
Oh, compared to watching the NFL, I watch college football probably twice as much. But the NFL is a monster when it comes the mass audience.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, compared to watching the NFL, I watch college football probably twice as much. But the NFL is a monster when it comes the mass audience.
Their ratings have dipped. People are tired of the central focus being who kneeled during the anthem.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their ratings have dipped. People are tired of the central focus being who kneeled during the anthem.

I know that's what fox news told you, but the NFL is doing just fine. Most people don't care what happens before kick off, unless someone uses it for political gain and brings it up again.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in my house. The NFL has been banned from my television from last season until further notice. Not 1 play has been on any of my TV’s nor will they be moving forward.

Its CFB and CFB only and imho I think there is a significant audience out there just like me. At least enough to provide a Thursday night game on one of the 76 freggin sports channels out there.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that's what fox news told you, but the NFL is doing just fine. Most people don't care what happens before kick off, unless someone uses it for political gain and brings it up again.
Like you assume I get my news from FOX I will assume you get your news from CNN when they say the NFL is doing just fine.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that a Thursday night game where that happened? If so, pretty simple, you tell FOX to cut the crap and air your football games over truck racing. CFB should take priority over truck racing and should so in future scheduling.
No, it was a Friday night game. It was just the straw that broke the back after all of the other complaints such as USC having to go to WSU after back to back road games, all of the complaints about how many late games we all are forced to play, and no one being able to watch us because the Pac12N can't get their own heads out of their asses and find a way to be on a lot of TV's.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools don't want to play on Thursday night so it's hard to find matchups. Back in the day when not every game was on TV teams were glad to do it in order to get exposure and it was a big deal. Now it's just a pain in the ass for schools, the students and fans.

I don't see the situation improving unless they start throwing bonus dollars at the schools that play on Thursdays.

Let's face it other P5 schools make fun of conference members that have to play on Thursdays.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day when not every game was on TV teams were glad to do it in order to get exposure and it was a big deal. Now it's just a pain in the ass for schools, the students and fans.

This is the reason I'm totally over Thursday night games. It was cool to get a primetime game when else you likely wouldn't, but now since basically every game is on some major channel, Thursday games throw off planning for games for the team and are just another home game I can't get to

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, I think we play in 2 this year. Some VT fans love them, I am sick of them.