• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Travis Fulgham rank in the hierarchy of WRs after this season?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Ridley is having good season and stat wise is ahead of Fulham.
robbie is having quite a nice year too, and has morphed his game... now with a full route tree, increased short and mid game useage

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Ridley is having good season and stat wise is ahead of Fulham.
meh. Ridley is an oft-injured squirt. I think we're in the process of watching a star take form in Fulgham. Dude has decent size, can run just about any route, good body control, good hands, fights for the ball, very hard to cover. I could be wrong, but if he takes off the way I think he will, he'll be far more valuable than Ridley

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh. Ridley is an oft-injured squirt. I think we're in the process of watching a star take form in Fulgham. Dude has decent size, can run just about any route, good body control, good hands, fights for the ball, very hard to cover. I could be wrong, but if he takes off the way I think he will, he'll be far more valuable than Ridley
Squirt? He’s 6’1 to Fulham 6’2 not a lot of difference their.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The 6th round WR drafted by the Lions, cut, signed to their practice squad, signed to their roster the final 3 weeks of the season but get no catches, cut again by the Lions, signed by the Packers, cut by the Packers, signed by the Eagles, cut by the Eagles, signed to their practice squad and then signed to the full roster for week 4 against the 49ers where he caught the 40 yard go ahead TD pass in the 4th quarter. Since then he has done nothing but make big plays when Wentz has thrown him the football.

In what has now been 5 games with the Eagles in his second year in the league he has 29 rec for 435 yards and 4 TDs. Over the course of the rest of the season that projects out to 75 catches, 1,131 yards and 10 TDs in 13 games.

That would be a really good season for someone who played 16 games. His season over 16 games would have projected out to 93 rec, 1,392 yards and 13 TDs which would then be All Pro WR territory.

It's not unreasonable to suggest the Eagles have potentially a top 10 WR in the NFL in Fulgham. Skill position wise the Eagles offense has a very talented young core of skill position players going forward in Fulgham (26), Reagor (21), Ward (25), Hightower (24), Goedert (25) & Sanders (23).
This sounds like a similar supposition from a few years ago about a young QB from North Dakota State

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squirt? He’s 6’1 to Fulham 6’2 not a lot of difference their.
ok, maybe squirt was a bad way to put it. he's slight-of-frame when you compare him to other receivers in the league. and as often as he gets dinged, he could probably stand to add 10 or so lbs of muscle.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only knock that I can place on Fulgham right now is that he is old for a second year player. 26 years old already. So even if the Eagles hit on him they won't get him for some decade of dominance, it will just be the run of one contract until his early 30s.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was able to pick him up off waivers in FF. been starting him the last few weeks. He's been putting up some numbers

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start to the season but who cares what he projects out to be. Take it a game at a time.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down on the top 10 WR talk.

Same Eagles fans that were trying to talking about how good their WR position was heading into this season. If they don’t find Fulgham, it would have been up to this point the worst WR corp in the league. Even with Fulgham they are still in the bottom 5 of the league at the position.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down on the top 10 WR talk.

Same Eagles fans that were trying to talking about how good their WR position was heading into this season. If they don’t find Fulgham, it would have been up to this point the worst WR corp in the league. Even with Fulgham they are still in the bottom 5 of the league at the position.

I would disagree with that. Eagles are in pretty good position going forward at WR. First time in a decade that they are a talented young core at WR.

Fulgham is a star in the making in front of our eyes. Reagor is a very talented rookie who had the misfortune of some early injuries (which he has shown incredible recovery time with) and Ward who is turning into another diamond in the rough and is establishing himself as an extremely dependable slot WR.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Michael Clayton was a pure star in the making, with a pedigree... nope most don’t.
Kelvin Benjamin, Percy had in, Dwayne bowe, Torrey smith, Sammy Watkins, Eddie royal.

have we sign guys have great stretches and fade before?

“Over his final six games of 2015, Watkins averaged 113 receiving yards and a touchdown per game”

that’s a 6 game stretch. Let’s correlate that to a season. That’s 1808 yards and 16 touchdowns.

he looks great. Slow down.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Michael Clayton was a pure star in the making, with a pedigree... nope most don’t.
Kelvin Benjamin, Percy had in, Dwayne bowe, Torrey smith, Sammy Watkins, Eddie royal.

have we sign guys have great stretches and fade before?

“Over his final six games of 2015, Watkins averaged 113 receiving yards and a touchdown per game”

that’s a 6 game stretch. Let’s correlate that to a season. That’s 1808 yards and 16 touchdowns.

he looks great. Slow down.

Someone's final 6 games, not comparable.

We are talking about so ones first 5 games. We are talking about only all that he has shown when given a legitimate opportunity. All that we know about Fulgham when he is given a chance is that he produces.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K.
Someone's final 6 games, not comparable.

We are talking about so ones first 5 games. We are talking about only all that he has shown when given a legitimate opportunity. All that we know about Fulgham when he is given a chance is that he produces.
Wentz offers a cautionary tale of jumping to conclusions.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fit the man for a gold jacket and he can have his place right next to Koy and Ty???

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get salty because I pointed out how your Wentz comparison makes no sense whatsoever.
I’m not salty at all. I said he’s ballin. Your logic is flawed. Like usual. You skew it to fit what u want. Enjoy your season and your mvp qb.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not salty at all. I said he’s ballin. Your logic is flawed. Like usual. You skew it to fit what u want. Enjoy your season and your mvp qb.

One would think that at some point people will figure out ball dangling is really lame....just saying

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no logic to comparing to Wentz.

Fulgham was a complete unknown, former 6th round draft pick turned practice player for two different teams who has been cut a total of 4 times in his now 2 year career who has been on a tear since been given his chance on the Eagles due to a number of injuries at the position. 5 games and he is outproducing the rest of the league. An instant success who took advantage of his opportune chance ran with it.

Wentz was a #2 overall pick who had a standard promising rookie year but nothing off the charts for a rookie season. Then in his second season he took a big step forward that is not out of question for a top end blue chip talent drafted at the top of the draft. He suffered a major injury but came back and was great the next two years and this year in his 5th year he is having by far his worst season ever.

Nowhere do these two careers have any similarity other than they both play for the Eagles. If you wanted to compare Fulgham to a QB somehow I would say it's more like a Kurt Warner, Tony Romo or Tom Brady who when given their chance against all odds due to injury (except for Romo since Bledsoe was just benched) really exploded on the scene.