• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Will Adrian Peterson Play?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most taxpayers get pissed at the word tax. It doesn't mean much.

But the reason the politicians approved it is because they knew the the backlash from NOT doing it would have been much, much, much worse than doing it. Like I said, the entire city's property tax approach would have been completely screwed without the new stadium....and because it is the largest city it the state, it also would have severely messed up the state budget eventually as well.

It is certainly a win for the team. But it is a win for the city as well. They already are getting the Final 4 now as well as the Super Bowl because of the new stadium. And many, many other events will still be coming here as a result as well.

So instead of planning for the a failed section of the city, we are planning for huge new events. And that is why the NFL gets away with having cities pitch in while building a new stadium. I personally was surprised with how much the Vikes spent on the new stadium. They spent a TON more than most other teams have in similar situations so it's not like we got a raw deal.

People thinking the Vikes should have just paid the whole cost simply aren't being realistic.
Jerry Jones pays 2/3rds of cost of new Dallas Cowboys stadium: Minneapolis Issues Forum: E-Democracy.org

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck north Minneapolis. Little Chicago sucks balls. Worst part of MPLS

You are thinking north MPLS. Not downtown MPLS. If the stadium moves out, North MPLS just moves into that section of downtown MPLS and completely screws up the successful urban development they have going on around there now. It goes from a growing and developing downtown to one that is falling completely apart in a single flash. Minneapolis would have been screwed without it.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are thinking north MPLS. Not downtown MPLS. If the stadium moves out, North MPLS just moves into that section of downtown MPLS and completely screws up the successful urban development they have going on around there now. It goes from a growing and developing downtown to one that is falling completely apart in a single flash. Minneapolis would have been screwed without it.

Ok,
You are thinking north MPLS. Not downtown MPLS. If the stadium moves out, North MPLS just moves into that section of downtown MPLS and completely screws up the successful urban development they have going on around there now. It goes from a growing and developing downtown to one that is falling completely apart in a single flash. Minneapolis would have been screwed without it.[/QUOTE

Ok. No we don't need N MPLS spewing into the downtown area. It just seems screwed up wit

Last edited:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I always thought Jerry built that whole stadium on his own dime. Hmmm.

The Vikes contributed nearly $550M of their stadium money with the city dumping in $150M and the state $340M.

So it really is comparable to that Dallas #'s laid out there.

Certainly a lot better than places like Indy and Arizona did on their stadium deals.

I always thought he paid for it all as well.
The Vikes have a great owner finally. He wants to get back to winning, and will give the GM/ Coaches the ok to get whatever personnel they need.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting paid to sit out for a season?
Yeah, he got a raw deal there..

I agree with you JR. But if you recall he said a while back playing in the NFL was like slavery, just saying dude it wouldn't surprise me if he goes looking for greener grass!!!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I agree with you JR. But if you recall he said a while back playing in the NFL was like slavery, just saying dude it wouldn't surprise me if he goes looking for greener grass!!!
I hear ya psych,
He can go looking all he wants, but the Vikes won't let him walk without getting a return on their investment..

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Peterson's best bet is to play for a team like Dallas. He would still be a grade A player as long as he didn't have to make his own holes all the time. I don't think he can do that much longer. But let him bust into the open, behind the best O-line in the game (and I'm not a cowboy fan, so I am not just bandwagoning) and he would still be a big factor.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck AP! The Vikings did nothing wrong by him. AP beat the shit out of his 4-year-old. It's his fault for missing a year and his legal troubles. AP wants out.......Vikings should trade his pathetic ass to Siberia.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck AP! The Vikings did nothing wrong by him. AP beat the shit out of his 4-year-old. It's his fault for missing a year and his legal troubles. AP wants out.......Vikings should trade his pathetic ass to Siberia.

Amen brother. F-him and the horse he rode in on. Total POS

Cal Krasowski

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the idea of seeing AP run with the Dallas O-Line. However the idea of the Cardinals is interesting. AP would really push that team to a solid Super Bowl contender. Hoping the cards land him if hes traded.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo restuctures his contract saving 13 mil on the cap. Next step AP coming to dallas:D

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you are talking about the Jet??????

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though Peterson has hit that 30 year age mark where most RB start their decline.... Going to Dallas right now would make that Cowboy's offense pretty effin scary ....

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he should be playing anywhere. Inexcusable what he did to his kid. Ignorant bastard.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Romo restuctures his contract saving 13 mil on the cap. Next step AP coming to dallas:D

I'd imagine it'll be pretty quiet until draft gets closer. Then we should hear if a trade is going to happen.
Haven't heard a peep from his agent, or Dad for a while now. Wilfs must have told him to shut his mouth while they figure out who's interested in a trade.