• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Will Adrian Peterson Play?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With an injury history including 2 ACL's + Hip issues, it's not insane. He's coming off his 2nd ACL surgery in a short span, so his stock will be as low as it will ever be. I'll risk an asset on Kiko, he's not an idiot like Josh Gordon, but at the same time, you have to have a real concern about his ability to stay on the field. You can point to the all pro season, sure, you can also point to a trio of serious injuries.

The biggest predictor of future games missed is prior injury history- and that's something the teams have generally proven it'll shy away from committing significant assets for. And that's the reason Kiko is worth a 4th.

I'm sorry but you are way off if you think that no team in the league would have offered more than a 4th rounder for either Alonso or McCoy.

I've watched a game or two. Rebuild, retool, whatever you want to call it. But yes, there is a period of time a team is down and they have to make significant changes to get their team winning again. Unless you have a franchise QB, which the Vikings do not, you go through a rebuild/retool period.

You're an Arizona fan. Should they have traded Fitz and started a rebuild this season? Because they don't have a franchise QB.

And the Vikes actually might have a franchise QB. The team really sounds sold on Teddy B.

That is actually why they want Peterson back so badly (the FO and the coach both want Peterson back very much). They want to give their young QB a chance to develop into a franchise QB knowing that a strong running game makes developing a lot easier on Bridgewater.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but you are way off if you think that no team in the league would have offered more than a 4th rounder for either Alonso or McCoy.

You're an Arizona fan. Should they have traded Fitz and started a rebuild this season? Because they don't have a franchise QB.

And the Vikes actually might have a franchise QB. The team really sounds sold on Teddy B.

That is actually why they want Peterson back so badly (the FO and the coach both want Peterson back very much). They want to give their young QB a chance to develop into a franchise QB knowing that a strong running game makes developing a lot easier on Bridgewater.

Do you actually thinK Ziggy will pay for AP to stick around? Doubtful. He's a cheap MF

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD wants AP bad. If they can't get him it's Ameer.

I would fucking die and go to heaven if they got either. Don't know what I'd do if they landed both.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you actually thinK Ziggy will pay for AP to stick around? Doubtful. He's a cheap MF

I am guessing you think he is cheap because of his business dealings outside of the NFL???

He hasn't been cheap as an NFL owner at all. He has always spent about what he should for on the field talent considering his situation. Hell he was a breath of fresh air when he first took over and actually started spending what a team should spend on players (Red McCombs, the owner previous to him, was cheap).

I actually have been a little surprised he has spent as much as he has the last couple years to tell you the truth. He has had the perfect excuse to cut back spending (playing two years in a college stadium that generates next to nothing in revenue that NFL usually see) but his payrolls have always been in line (and actually a lot more than a lot of NFL teams have been) over the years.

Last edited:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing you think he is cheap because of his business dealings outside of the NFL???

He hasn't been cheap as an NFL owner at all. He has always spent about what he should for on the field talent considering his situation. Hell he was a breath of fresh air when he first took over and actually started spending what a team should spend on players (Red McCombs, the owner previous to him, was cheap).

I actually have been a little surprised he has spent as much as he has the last couple years to tell you the truth. He has had the perfect excuse to cut back spending (playing two years in a college stadium that generates next to nothing in revenue that NFL usually see) but his payrolls have always been in line (and actually a lot more than a lot of NFL teams have been) over the years.

I live in MN. Ziggy costs the taxpayers of MN ''Hennepin county'' a lot of money. We do not need to pay for his team anymore, Fuck him. No excuses

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in MN. Ziggy costs the taxpayers of MN ''Hennepin county'' a lot of money. We do not need to pay for his team anymore, Fuck him. No excuses

Please. No team in the league would agree to play in a market the size of MN without the exact same stadium deal. It is the cost of having an NFL franchise these days for a small/mid market city.

The NFL league offices would have sent out a witch hunt with torches and pitch forks if Zygi would have accepted anything less than what he got from the city in the stadium.

Minneapolis actually got a really good deal if you look at how much teams in other comparable markets contributed to their stadiums. The Vikes invested $543M into the stadium. Other teams have invested fractions of that (Colts - $100M, Arizona $143M) for their new stadiums.

Last edited:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please. No team in the league would agree to play in a market the size of MN without the exact same stadium deal. It is the cost of having an NFL franchise these days for a small/mid market city.

The NFL league offices would have sent out a witch hunt with torches and pitch forks if Zygi would have accepted anything less than what he got from the city in the stadium.

Minneapolis actually got a really good deal if you look at how much teams in other comparable markets contributed to their stadiums. The Vikes invested $543M into the stadium. Other teams have invested fractions of that (Colts - $100M, Arizona $143M) for their new stadiums.

So you honestly think Wilfe shouldn't have to pay for the new stadium? The taxpayers that don't watch football have to pay taxes for the Vikes new stadium..:L It's just not right

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD wants AP bad. If they can't get him it's Ameer.

I would fucking die and go to heaven if they got either. Don't know what I'd do if they landed both.
Do you think we can sign, or draft, the kind of Olinemen that would entice AP to come and play for the Chargers? Our O line has been a patchwork disaster the past few years and I worry that might keep a top tier FA running back from signing with us.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you honestly think Wilfe shouldn't have to pay for the new stadium? The taxpayers that don't watch football have to pay taxes for the Vikes new stadium..:L

If a city the size of Minneapolis wants an NFL team, yes, they have to pay big money for a new stadium.

That's just the way it is and it is like that all over the country.

If you want a big business in your city, you have to pay the toll. And the NFL is big business that leverages cities/states about as well as anyone.

Do I wish it were different? Yes. But I also wish my effective tax rate was 0%. Wishing isn't going to make it so because we live in the real world. And personally I would rather my city/state invest in the Vike's stadium that will generate a crap load of new revenue (we already got the SB and the Final Four because of it) than to give away money to other dying businesses like we have in the past that were just pissed away on things like Northwest Airlines and Ford plant that never had a chance of generating anywhere close to a return on our investment.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a city the size of Minneapolis wants an NFL team, yes, they have to pay big money for a new stadium.

That's just the way it is and it is like that all over the country.

If you want a big business in your city, you have to pay the toll. And the NFL is big business that leverages cities/states about as well as anyone.

Do I wish it were different? Yes. But I also wish my effective tax rate was 0%. Wishing isn't going to make it so because we live in the real world. And personally I would rather my city/state invest in the Vike's stadium that will generate a crap load of new revenue (we already got the SB and the Final Four because of it) than to give away money to other dying businesses like we have in the past that were just pissed away on things like Northwest Airlines and Ford plant that never had a chance of generating anywhere close to a return on our investment.
Yeah I know all about that. Again, don't you think Wilfe should pay for it all. I understand that you are a Vikes fan , but in reality don't you think that Minnesotans are getting a raw deal?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fitz was willing to take a pay cut to stay in AZ so the two aren't comparable. They have a vet QB that can put up big numbers if he stay's healthy. Palmer is 16-6 in his two years with AZ. They have a very solid defense, a solid o-line and they were a playoff team last year. So, no they don't need to rebuild/retool yet.

Peterson's window is 2, maybe 3 years. IMO, the Vikings are a year or two away from making any real noise in the league. They have a young team that could benefit from additional draft pics that Peterson would generate in a trade. Not to mention, unloading that salary cap number so they have the cap space to make some more positive moves.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP would love to play for Dallas.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know all about that. Again, don't you think Wilfe should pay for it all. I understand that you are a Vikes fan , but in reality don't you think that Minnesotans are getting a raw deal?

No they are not getting a raw deal.

They either had to pay or not have an NFL franchise. It was that simple of a choice. They made the right choice for the city and the state.

I live near that area where the stadium is being built. That part of the city would fall into complete ruin and their entire property tax system would have fallen apart without the stadium there. The resident's of MPLS and Hennepin county would have had a terrible shock to their system had they just let the Vike's leave and the city of MPLS would have been left with nothing but the ruins of the Metrodome.

I get the idea that a football team should build it's own stadium. But that just isn't the way it is anymore for small to mid level markets anymore....and it hasn't been like that for a LONG time.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That franchise has a long history of ineptitude.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They either had to pay or not have an NFL franchise. It was that simple of a choice. They made the right choice for the city and the state.

I live near that area where the stadium is being built. That part of the city would fall into complete ruin and their entire property tax system would have fallen apart without the stadium there. The resident's of MPLS and Hennepin county would have had a terrible shock to their system had they just let the Vike's leave and the city of MPLS would have been left with nothing but the ruins of the Metrodome.

I get the idea that a football team should build it's own stadium. But that just isn't the way it is anymore for small to mid level markets anymore....and it hasn't been like that for a LONG time.
Most taxpayers must be unhappy about this.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a top 15 rushing attack with RB by committee w/o him and a rookie QB and a rookie head coach.

He's arguably the best player in Vikings history.

They cleared cap space in moving Cassel.

There are a multitude of reasons why they would want him.

He's still a POS that doesn't get it, but it is what it is.

At this point, I can't see him on any other team.
You actually believe he is better than Randy Moss or Fran Tarkenton?

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck north Minneapolis. Little Chicago sucks balls. Worst part of MPLS

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most taxpayers must be unhappy about this.

Most taxpayers get pissed at the word tax. It doesn't mean much.

But the reason the politicians approved it is because they knew the the backlash from NOT doing it would have been much, much, much worse than doing it. Like I said, the entire city's property tax approach would have been completely screwed without the new stadium....and because it is the largest city it the state, it also would have severely messed up the state budget eventually as well.

It is certainly a win for the team. But it is a win for the city as well. They already are getting the Final 4 now as well as the Super Bowl because of the new stadium. And many, many other events will still be coming here as a result as well.

So instead of planning for the a failed section of the city, we are planning for huge new events. And that is why the NFL gets away with having cities pitch in while building a new stadium. I personally was surprised with how much the Vikes spent on the new stadium. They spent a TON more than most other teams have in similar situations so it's not like we got a raw deal.

People thinking the Vikes should have just paid the whole cost simply aren't being realistic.