• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where Will Adrian Peterson Play?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because AP gives them the best chance to win.
You can't see that? He still has 2 or 3 years left.
Of course I can. My whole point is Minn is a young team on the rebuild. Why not trade AP while he still has good trade value? They are not going to win with their current team so get some quality pics and add to their young team. Other than loyalty, it makes absolutely no sense for Minn to hang on to Peterson.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, after the treatment he got last year, It would be surprising if he wants to stay in Minn!!!

Reactions: BUD

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I can. My whole point is Minn is a young team on the rebuild. Why not trade AP while he still has good trade value? They are not going to win with their current team so get some quality pics and add to their young team. Other than loyalty, it makes absolutely no sense for Minn to hang on to Peterson.

Because he isn't worth much. Kiko Alonso was probably worth a 4th round pick with 2 ACL's + Hip issues- and he got McCoy. AP won't get you anything more than a 6th or 7th- and that's really funny given what Cassel nets.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego. Please god. Please.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will cry. I will drop down on my knees and cry if he takes the SD offer.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of ways you can read into that. I think the most likely is Peterson stays in Minnesota. However, if I were the Vikes, I would try and trade him while he still has solid trade value. Let's be real, the Vikings aren't going anywhere anytime soon so why not unload him for some picks?

Have you even watched the NFL in the last 5-10 years? There is no such thing as a rebuilding period anymore (unless your team is completely mis-managed....Hello Oakland!). There really isn't much difference between the worst team in the league and teams that make deep playoff runs these days.

A lot of people call it parity. In reality it is just the fact that the league is so watered down that there are 1 or 2 good NFL teams and everyone else is pretty much the same.

A year ago would you have thought Dallas was going to be one controversial play call from going to the NFC Championship game? The year before it was KC. The year before that Indy and Washington.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he isn't worth much. Kiko Alonso was probably worth a 4th round pick with 2 ACL's + Hip issues- and he got McCoy. AP won't get you anything more than a 6th or 7th- and that's really funny given what Cassel nets.

Do you really believe that about AP ? :pound: He's worth a helluva lot more than what you think

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really believe that about AP ? :pound:
Yep. Do you seriously believe RB's that are 30, have a huge cap hit, and a PR nightmare have any trade value? LeSean McCoy, anyone? You have no ground to stand on here.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Do you seriously believe RB's that are 30, have a huge cap hit, and a PR nightmare have any trade value? LeSean McCoy, anyone? You have no ground to stand on here.

I think Alonzo, McCoy, and Peterson are all worth more than what you think in terms of draft picks.

Yes Alonzo missed a full season but the year before in his rookie year, he was one of the best LB's in the league that year. You really think a 24 year old LB, even coming off an injury, with an elite pro bowl season under his belt and EXTREMLY cheap contract is only worth a 4th rounder? By your math there literally would be no one in the league worth a 1st round draft pick.

I think the Vikes get a two 3rd round picks or so if they deal Peterson straight up for draft picks.

And a PR nightmare? Please. Peterson sells tickets BIG TIME for any team trading for him. This is America. We have the attention span of gnats and are very forgiving once people serve their time. The child abuse incident would hardly register in a new city if a team trades for him.

Last edited:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AP is the best rb in the NFL imo.. He's worth a lot of bucks man

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Alonzo, McCoy, and Peterson are all worth more than what you think in terms of draft picks.

Yes Alonzo missed a full season but the year before in his rookie year, he was one of the best LB's in the league that year. You really think a 24 year old LB, even coming off an injury, with an elite pro bowl season under his belt and EXTREMLY cheap contract is only worth a 4th rounder?

With an injury history including 2 ACL's + Hip issues, it's not insane. He's coming off his 2nd ACL surgery in a short span, so his stock will be as low as it will ever be. I'll risk an asset on Kiko, he's not an idiot like Josh Gordon, but at the same time, you have to have a real concern about his ability to stay on the field. You can point to the all pro season, sure, you can also point to a trio of serious injuries.

The biggest predictor of future games missed is prior injury history- and that's something the teams have generally proven it'll shy away from committing significant assets for. And that's the reason Kiko is worth a 4th.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP is the best rb in the NFL imo.. He's worth a lot of bucks man

It's exactly his cap hit that makes him so difficult to trade; and it's why it the Vikings FO, imo, probably wants him in purple this upcoming season.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see him come to the Chargers. Ryan Matthews has been a bust, with far too many injuries the past couple of seasons, and when he's healthy, he's average at best.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's exactly his cap hit that makes him so difficult to trade; and it's why it the Vikings FO, imo, probably wants him in purple this upcoming season.

I don't think Wilf will pay for AP to stick around. He's a cheap bitch

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you even watched the NFL in the last 5-10 years? There is no such thing as a rebuilding period anymore (unless your team is completely mis-managed....Hello Oakland!). There really isn't much difference between the worst team in the league and teams that make deep playoff runs these days.

A lot of people call it parity. In reality it is just the fact that the league is so watered down that there are 1 or 2 good NFL teams and everyone else is pretty much the same.

A year ago would you have thought Dallas was going to be one controversial play call from going to the NFC Championship game? The year before it was KC. The year before that Indy and Washington.
I've watched a game or two. Rebuild, retool, whatever you want to call it. But yes, there is a period of time a team is down and they have to make significant changes to get their team winning again. Unless you have a franchise QB, which the Vikings do not, you go through a rebuild/retool period.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP's dad was on the radio in Dallas the other night. Dude is a hardcore Cowboys fan. He is clearly pushing his kid to break away if possible and sign with Jerrah. I can see it happening. Jerrah wants to win a ring bad, and he may go balls out and stretch his cap with Romo/AP/Witten/Dez for a few years.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP's dad was on the radio in Dallas the other night. Dude is a hardcore Cowboys fan. He is clearly pushing his kid to break away if possible and sign with Jerrah. I can see it happening. Jerrah wants to win a ring bad, and he may go balls out and stretch his cap with Romo/AP/Witten/Dez for a few years.

JJ has the bucks to do it and he's not afraid to spend it

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched a game or two. Rebuild, retool, whatever you want to call it. But yes, there is a period of time a team is down and they have to make significant changes to get their team winning again. Unless you have a franchise QB, which the Vikings do not, you go through a rebuild/retool period.

I don't think that is at all definitive anymore- even by more conservative interpretations. Teddy looked very respectable, for a rookie at least, behind a very uninspiring O-line and WR units. Can debate what Teddy does going forward, but he's done enough where I would not put Minny in the list of teams that perenially needs a QBotF anymore.