• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is Lamichael James???

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the numbers I think he puts enough zip. It's the out routes that scare the hell out of me when he throws them. They take way too long to get there if he doesn't have a super clean pocket to throw from.

cant argue that... that's a good comment. I recall a throw to the outside to Moss that took forever to land to his hands lol... i thought my feed was lagging.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could just be devotion to BPA in the draft, though that would be pretty hardcore to draft a duplicate of a guy drafted last year just out of principle. Harbaugh saw enough James in college to know what he'd bring to the table, and saw enough Hunter last year to know where he's limited. There must be a plan here.

the plan is to have a ton of receivers and not throw the ball

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rep you if i could... Chrebet mention is worthy....

Today was more noticeable for me in terms of downfield strikes... MM and Crabtree can get this done, well atleast YAC at all

Alex just needs to hit the guys and put some fucking zip... slow ass throws can't help...

It'll never happen unless he starts taking vitamins H & G & then some more H.

I thought the problem was that Crabtree couldnt handle the fast throws and they kept bouncing off his hands, so Alex has to throw slowly to him so he can catch. Although, the commentator could not stop talking about Crabtree being one of the best catchers in the league.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was LMJ in Harby-Warby's dog house this offseason, or did he not practice much / at all?

I know Harbaugh has a chubby for taking playing time away from people who get hurt before the season starts.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the plan is to have a ton of receivers and not throw the ball

35 passing attempts
16 rushing attempts

What the hell are you talking about? Some people would argue that we didn't run enough, considering the fact that Gore averaged 5.3 YPC yesterday.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the problem was that Crabtree couldnt handle the fast throws and they kept bouncing off his hands, so Alex has to throw slowly to him so he can catch. Although, the commentator could not stop talking about Crabtree being one of the best catchers in the league.

Yes, THAT'S Crabs' problem. Alex's arm is too strong for him.

:hdn:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was LMJ in Harby-Warby's dog house this offseason, or did he not practice much / at all?

I know Harbaugh has a chubby for taking playing time away from people who get hurt before the season starts.

I do not recall any dog house mentioning... i'm thinking its injury related... but maybe he doesn't have a position on the 53 yet?

but wtf, he's our 2nd rounder, both '12 first n second picks aren't playing, think the 3rd isn't either but that's due to the top picks in the OL. Backup QB drafted 2nd cant unseat Alex just yet. Lucky Aldon is holding it down for us.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the numbers I think he puts enough zip. It's the out routes that scare the hell out of me when he throws them. They take way too long to get there if he doesn't have a super clean pocket to throw from.

Oh man then you would have absolutely loved Flacco on that last drive last night. Talk about floating it to the outside Geezus.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man then you would have absolutely loved Flacco on that last drive last night. Talk about floating it to the outside Geezus.

Dude! What. The Fuck. Was That??!!?? Even if the receiver had run what might have been the correct route that pass looked like a pooch punt or something - If the defender stays up that's game over. Crazy

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35 passing attempts
16 rushing attempts

What the hell are you talking about? Some people would argue that we didn't run enough, considering the fact that Gore averaged 5.3 YPC yesterday.

We definitely should have come out more well-rounded on offense. I'm not sure if that was the gameplan or if that was Alex changing things at the line (dont they go in with 2 plays called thought i read that somewhere) because they were stacking the box.

Somebody else noted that the D didn't really give the offense a chance to get into the flow of things especially in the first half. I agree with that to a certain extent. They had two long drives against us ~7 minutes each that ended in TDs and really mucked things up.

I'm not too worried - we've all seen Alex play far worse, we've all seen worse play calling, we havent seen the D play much worse than that but i dont think that will be a recurring theme. We just didn't play well overall and didnt have the luck yesterday and nobody went out of their way to create any or take it when it was gift-wrapped for us.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude! What. The Fuck. Was That??!!?? Even if the receiver had run what might have been the correct route that pass looked like a pooch punt or something - If the defender stays up that's game over. Crazy

Yeah i have no idea! That was just some shitty football I guess? Even the next pass wasn't all that great - just bad D! He tries that shit against our D in the Super Bowl (hehe) and we are gonna have a great day.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely should have come out more well-rounded on offense. I'm not sure if that was the gameplan or if that was Alex changing things at the line (dont they go in with 2 plays called thought i read that somewhere) because they were stacking the box.

Somebody else noted that the D didn't really give the offense a chance to get into the flow of things especially in the first half. I agree with that to a certain extent. They had two long drives against us ~7 minutes each that ended in TDs and really mucked things up.

I'm not too worried - we've all seen Alex play far worse, we've all seen worse play calling, we havent seen the D play much worse than that but i dont think that will be a recurring theme. We just didn't play well overall and didnt have the luck yesterday and nobody went out of their way to create any or take it when it was gift-wrapped for us.

The Niners should be able to sort this out but they do have limitations. We all knew their secondary was going to give up yards with the "bend but don't break mentality", but most astute observers on here know we are not replicating last year TO margin. With that said, the 49ers are going to have to find other ways of winning games (ehem, throwing the deep ball).

Speaking of that, the 49ers are going to have to do a better job of controlling the line of scrimmage. Staley has had some tough matchups this season already with Clay Matthews and Jared Allen. From my count he's given up at least 3 sacks (1 yesterday and 2 to Clay on opening day). Our line didn't do squat in the running game - and since Gore can't hit the holes as fast as he used to, I would like to see a change of pace with Hunter and James if and when he's ready to return.

In the passing dept, well, I'm hoping the 49ers can do some interesting screen plays with James back there because quite frankly, what I am worried about is relying on Smith consistently to throw the deep ball, which is not very likely. His lack of accuracy on passes more than 15 yards is making me wonder if Harbaugh is modifying his game plan because of that fact.

This team can be exploited, but bad games do happen. I want to see how they respond next week to a Jets team that may possibly be missing their best defensive player in Revis next week. If Smith doesn't take advantage of that opportunity, then we should all be worrying...:fear:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James did not show anything in the pre season thus he is inactive on Sundays.

Crabby didn't do much in his first few pre seasons - as a matter of fact he didn't do anything in those pre seasons yet he was on the field for the regular season.

Something's up here, but why draft him if you're not going to use him. With our deficiencies in sacking the QB and pass blocking, the Niners could have used those picks to sure up holes in the DL and OL in the first 2 rounds.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Playing on turf, the Niners desperately needed some speed today. Where were the rooks? They could've ran a reverse, some a couple screens, etc.

wait......your saying we lost because we didn't play our rookies? lets not reach too far for excuses, the other convenient one would've been so and so got hurt during the game, but alas.....no one did?

Hunter has more than enough speed, but the blocking couldn't spring him. the Viking D deserves credit too, they played well.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
wait......your saying we lost because we didn't play our rookies?

No. I didn't say anything remotely like that.

Hunter has more than enough speed

Then James has more than more than enough speed, and it would've been nice to see him go out on some routes or maybe take a reverse or a wide toss or something. It just would've been nice if the Niners could see what their 1st & 2nd round picks can do by the 3rd week of the season.