• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is Lamichael James???

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, oh I dunno, he can actually run the ball, and gives an offense a dimension it doesn't already have? Dixon doesn't see the field at all - even as a blocker/protector.

LOL!! kids and their crazy ideas - Clyde, if we take Dixon off of ST's to activate James who takes Dixon's place on ST's? If Hunter or Gore goes down who takes their place - better not say James because that would be disaster in plays that call for max-protect.

Those are just a couple reasons why he is likely not active. He brings absolutely nothing "additional" to our offense and is a deficit in the other phases which limits our offense not expands it - at least not yet - be patient

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but why draft LMJ then?

Could just be devotion to BPA in the draft, though that would be pretty hardcore to draft a duplicate of a guy drafted last year just out of principle. Harbaugh saw enough James in college to know what he'd bring to the table, and saw enough Hunter last year to know where he's limited. There must be a plan here.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! kids and their crazy ideas - Clyde, if we take Dixon off of ST's to activate James who takes Dixon's place on ST's? If Hunter or Gore goes down who takes their place - better not say James because that would be disaster in plays that call for max-protect.

Those are just a couple reasons why he is likely not active. He brings absolutely nothing "additional" to our offense and is a deficit in the other phases which limits our offense not expands it - at least not yet - be patient

Anthony Dixon has exactly - 0 - tackles on special teams this year. Today he wasn't on the field ONCE. Tackles aren't everything, but I think you're overrated his ability in that aspect.

But you're right, it's still very early. It's nice to know at least that we still have a few tricks up our sleeves that we haven't used yet (LMJ, Jacobs, Jenkins).

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jenkins deactivation is the one that pisses me off. you can't tell me if we actually ran a 5 wr set there wouldn't be an open wr

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Dixon has exactly - 0 - tackles on special teams this year. Today he wasn't on the field ONCE. Tackles aren't everything, but I think you're overrated his ability in that aspect.

But you're right, it's still very early. It's nice to know at least that we still have a few tricks up our sleeves that we haven't used yet (LMJ, Jacobs, Jenkins).

Just for the record, I expected Dixon would be cut first round and wanted him off the team with the second cuts - so I'm not overrating his ability Harbaugh & Seely are.

I 100% agree James > Dixon as a RB, but there are roles to consider and I think James is just not able to play all the roles - yet.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Jenkins deactivation is the one that pisses me off. you can't tell me if we actually ran a 5 wr set there wouldn't be an open wr

I would need better reasons to actually think that. Probably for every reason you tell me there would be a wide open receiver, somebody could list a reason why there wouldn't or might not be an open receiver. That's just looking at things too simplistically in my opinion.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would need better reasons to actually think that. Probably for every reason you tell me there would be a wide open receiver, somebody could list a reason why there wouldn't or might not be an open receiver. That's just looking at things too simplistically in my opinion.

Or why Smith wouldn't/couldn't hit 'em anyway

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Crabtree, Moss, MM, KW and Davis as the WRs if we were to go 5 wide... Who exactly is Jenkins going to replace?

If Jenkins showed Harbaugh something during the offseason, he would be seeing playing time by now...

But right now Harbaugh doesnt play young guys if he doesnt see them impacting the game.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Crabtree is becoming a clutch 3rd down WR, but so was Wayne Chrebet. The Niners' WRs are better than the craptastic crew they had last year when Morgan went down, but they're not looking good. They need a #1 guy. Is Jenkins that guy? It's not looking good if he can't even get on the field.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree is becoming a clutch 3rd down WR, but so was Wayne Chrebet. The Niners' WRs are better than the craptastic crew they had last year when Morgan went down, but they're not looking good. They need a #1 guy. Is Jenkins that guy? It's not looking good if he can't even get on the field.

I think he'll be good, but I think it's difficult to be that #1 without being elite in some attribute. I don't know that Jenkins is elite in anything.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I rep you if i could... Chrebet mention is worthy....

Today was more noticeable for me in terms of downfield strikes... MM and Crabtree can get this done, well atleast YAC at all

Alex just needs to hit the guys and put some fucking zip... slow ass throws can't help...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't believe Jenkins is #1 caliber.... in this offense we need WRs to move the chains...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be good, but I think it's difficult to be that #1 without being elite in some attribute. I don't know that Jenkins is elite in anything.

He's really fast and has good hands.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't believe Jenkins is #1 caliber.... in this offense we need WRs to move the chains...

Between the numbers I think he puts enough zip. It's the out routes that scare the hell out of me when he throws them. They take way too long to get there if he doesn't have a super clean pocket to throw from.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really fast and has good hands.

I've heard that and I can believe the hands part. I've seen nice routes but I haven't seen that elite speed. I admit, we haven't had a chance to, but if he has it we need it on the field.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing on turf, the Niners desperately needed some speed today. Where were the rooks? They could've ran a reverse, some a couple screens, etc.

James did not show anything in the pre season thus he is inactive on Sundays.