• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Andre Johnson end up?

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else hearing that New England wants him bad?

I don't know if I'd want New England to pick up Andre. He'll probably be looking for halfway decent money. Given all their cap crap, New England would not be the best option. However, both NE and SEA would be the best title contender options. The problem is Amendola is set to make around 5 million next season, and he did pick up his play when it counted. It's not the most talented wide receiver corp, but New England's receivers are certainly becoming crowded. Also consider Houston's position on Johnson last year. They wouldn't even consider getting rid of him if he was playing well. Johnson was injury prone and inconsistent on the field in 2014. That's not worth the risk for NE, unless they are able to pick him up for really cheap. One can dream, but as any New England fan is aware, there is a harsh reality for every dream.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will sign a short term contract with a contender. I see Seattle, Denver (to play with the greatest QB ever after Welker and Julius are cut), New England (though he's likely to be hesitant to play with a team with major question marks at the QB position), or hell dark horses could be the Cowboys or Packers. He's an incredible talent and a class act. Man deserves one last shot at a ring.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Packers, since they're letting Cobb go.

Seattle seems to be the easiest and best fit though.

I would have said NE last year, but I think LaFell earned his spot there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys are out. They have Dez, Witten is really their number 2, Terrance Williams is probably comparable to and significantly cheaper than Andre at this point, I just don't see him being worth it considering those 3 receiving options.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of extensive talk about it yesterday around our sports radio networks. Fair amount of buzz for sure. No one is concerned that he isn't going to be a deep threat anymore. Seattle needs possession type receivers and he would be an easy fit for what they are doing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is his best fit...

Carolina is a decent fit.

Jets and Raiders could pay him but not a nontending teams...

i dont think NE would be a great fit truth be told..

Kansas Ceity?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle makes the most sense. Denver already has Sanders/Thomas (who is getting a big deal pretty soon), New England has Gronk, Edelman and LaFell came on big time... Seattle has some money to spend (decent cap situation) and they have the least of all those teams invested in the WR position which they DESPERATELY need to address along with D-Line.

Seattle just like Denver/New England is also a contender and it's CLEARLY where Andre Johnson wants to go given his attitude towards last season and the fact his agent is telling the Texans to release him. You can tell Andre doesn't want to be part of a rebuild and if anything Seattle gives him possibly 2-3 more shots at a ring whereas Denver/New England basically have one last go at it as it appears right now (Brady/Manning age). Not saying both teams can't keep it going or Brady/Manning just keep ticking, but odds are stacked more against NE/Den than Seattle.

I see an EXACT same scenario with Johnson to Seattle as it was Boldin to San Fran. Both WRs go to the new team for cheap with a breakout season and slowly taper off.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England! The greatest coach outside of Jim Harbaugh would be a huge attraction plus a real shot to win a ring!

The Patriots have the ability to get veterans and get 1-2 career years out of them.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than likely he'l end up in Denver where Kubiak is.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Houston would want to trade him to a division team like Indy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle makes the most sense
Maybe for the Seahawks, but not to sure Andre would love the offense they play. He's not happy with a reduce role with the Texans, then why would he like playing for the Seahawks? They don't throw the ball a lot, they believe in going with the running offense and chewing up the clock and wearing the defense down. It's a plus for the defense also.
I would love to see him as a Seahawks player, but for far less then what he would of made as a Texan.

I just don't see him signing with the Seahawks.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will sign a short term contract with a contender. I see Seattle, Denver (to play with the greatest QB ever after Welker and Julius are cut), New England (though he's likely to be hesitant to play with a team with major question marks at the QB position), or hell dark horses could be the Cowboys or Packers. He's an incredible talent and a class act. Man deserves one last shot at a ring.

himZD0M.gif

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Tommie Terrific

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for the Seahawks, but not to sure Andre would love the offense they play. He's not happy with a reduce role with the Texans, then why would he like playing for the Seahawks? They don't throw the ball a lot, they believe in going with the running offense and chewing up the clock and wearing the defense down. It's a plus for the defense also.
I would love to see him as a Seahawks player, but for far less then what he would of made as a Texan.

Harold I have been thinking the same thing. Not sure why I keep hearing Seattle could be the front runner? Now if Marshawn doesn`t come back then I could see it. Personally I think the Pats have bigger issues. Namely locking up their DBs. So unless BB alreasy has a plan for Revis and McCourty then Johnson woukd have to come for pennies on the dollar.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to worry slammer. As bad as TB is, certainley Grapallo (sp) will be starting next year. Book it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently they told him that their plan included chopping his production by over half. I can understand why he would be miffed at the notion of only catching 40 balls. If he comes here healthy, he'll have a shot at 65-70.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold I have been thinking the same thing. Not sure why I keep hearing Seattle could be the front runner? Now if Marshawn doesn`t come back then I could see it. Personally I think the Pats have bigger issues. Namely locking up their DBs. So unless BB alreasy has a plan for Revis and McCourty then Johnson woukd have to come for pennies on the dollar.
He mentioned as a landing spot because the Seahawks could use a guy like that and they are contenders, so folks expect that they would be in the running. However WRs like a wide open offense, where their talent would be maximize and worth some $. Oh playing of a contender would be nice also.