• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do we go from here?

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach isn't the problem, the ownership is. It has been the same story with every coach he has had.

Trade us 2 guards and 2 tackles. We'll give you Matt Ryan as a bonus.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate him as you will but Snyder has nothing to do with an unmotivated team, Xs and Os, and in game adjustments. Gruden sucks.

He has created the culture of the past 20 years no matter who the coach was. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm personally looking forward, towards the "bye" week. My fear is that I'll totally miss it because there will be little distinguishing it from the nine weeks preceding it. :tsk:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has created the culture of the past 20 years no matter who the coach was. We'll have to agree to disagree.

The owner has literally nothing to do with motivating players, Xs and Os, and in game adjustments. Owners may know nothing about football and that is why they hire coaches. That is strictly the job of coaches.

Snyder has created an atmosphere that undermines his coaches.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owner has literally nothing to do with motivating players, Xs and Os, and in game adjustments. Owners may know nothing about football and that is why they hire coaches. That is strictly the job of coaches.

I know how it works. The number one problem has been Dan Snyder. He is the ONLY person that has been here the entire 20 years.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. Owners absolutely can motivate, or unmotivate players. Seen it happen numerous times.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Owners absolutely can motivate, or unmotivate players. Seen it happen numerous times.

Can but not their job. Motivation really is the players job. Seriously, if you aren’t motivated by making 10 million a year, you need a new job...preferably one that pays about $10/ hour.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can but not their job. Motivation really is the players job. Seriously, if you aren’t motivated by making 10 million a year, you need a new job...preferably one that pays about $10/ hour.
Oh, plenty of them are motivated by money or individual accolades. But a good leader gets them motivated together as a team. Many time for him. And sometimes at the expense of their individual goals and motivation. That leader could be a player, a coach, or an owner. I know. I worked under a person like that. He wasn't my direct boss, he was at the top. But I would have done anything to not to disappoint that person. That's motivation, money be damned.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, plenty of them are motivated by money or individual accolades. But a good leader gets them motivated together as a team. Many time for him. And sometimes at the expense of their individual goals and motivation. That leader could be a player, a coach, or an owner. I know. I worked under a person like that. He wasn't my direct boss, he was at the top. But I would have done anything to not to disappoint that person. That's motivation, money be damned.

Well it is a bit unfair to blame Snyder for not motivating the players and at the same time ask him to leave the players alone.

Don’t you agree?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Snyder is a penis , however it’s not his job to motivate an ILB to do his job or provide level guidance . That is his position coach than his DC , then his HC .

Snyder needs to come up with the overall plan for his Vision. Snyder knows a winning team means more money not less . He needs to provide leadership to the FO starting with BA . That he hasn’t done or he needs to fire the incompetent jerk

Also money isn’t everything . The sooner people understand that the better .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Snyder is a penis , however it’s not his job to motivate an ILB to do his job or provide level guidance . That is his position coach than his DC , then his HC .

Snyder needs to come up with the overall plan for his Vision. Snyder knows a winning team means more money not less . He needs to provide leadership to the FO starting with BA . That he hasn’t done or he needs to fire the incompetent jerk

Also money isn’t everything . The sooner people understand that the better .

Anybody know what our team's vision happens to be? I'm guessing instead of "we win Super-Bowls" it's "mediocrity baby!" :D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder isn't supposed to motivate but he creates the culture. Within this culture players do not really seem motivated.

In math we call that showing the work …. the answer is the team sucks.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know how many times in the last 20 years I have thought "we have to be at rock bottom"? The funny thing is I was wrong every time.

I wish you had used the word 'sad' instead of 'funny' but your point is correct.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move the team to LA. Hey it worked for the Rams.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is a bit unfair to blame Snyder for not motivating the players and at the same time ask him to leave the players alone.

Don’t you agree?
I wouldn’t know. I never blamed Snyder for not motivating players. I was just pointing out that owners, CEOs, Presidents, coaches, peers, etc can all provide motivation. And the best ones always do.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t know. I never blamed Snyder for not motivating players. I was just pointing out that owners, CEOs, Presidents, coaches, peers, etc can all provide motivation. And the best ones always do.

Yep and the best motivation is money. Dan does that as good as anybody, so it must fall on the players and coaches.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and the best motivation is money. Dan does that as good as anybody, so it must fall on the players and coaches.
For some, I guess. Not me.