• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

where do lakers end up in draft?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers have some solid role players that hopefully they can keep for awhile. Johnson, Young, Farmar, Kelly, Sacre, Meeks, Henry. I think some of these guys can be kept around for awhile for a decent price. The role player types aren't going to be getting the big contracts like they were in the past.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hill and Marshall as well. Marshall needs some more work on his jump shot but his offense-managing and passing skills are very good especially with finding players in rhythm with pretty good passes. Once get rid of the dead weight and adding a KLove and say a first round pick, we might be pretty damn good.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to include Hill. Hopefully the Lakers can keep him around.

Fuck Marshall.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Marshall.

Marshall is averaging 12.1 assists a game since starting. In fact, he's the first Laker to be averaging that many assists in his first 7 starts.

He's no Chris Paul by any means but is definitely worth a contract.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Marshall can keep up with his assists avg and develop a consistent J, he's a keeper for next season too. I anticipate Farmar will probably get the starting nod after he's back and recovered from injury. Having Blake too will yield some results as he was playing well in the playoffs and the first few games of the year.

Why Kaman doesn't play more minutes is baffling(I know it's D'Antoni). He doesn't hurt you out there and every time I see the stat sheet he makes his time on the court count more times than not.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea LakersUSCBam. Kaman appears to be more consistent on defense and his offense is like you stated. It is indeed baffling that Don'tknowi gets these little bipolar wild hairs up his ass. Some of his decisions appear to be based on nothing else than a perceived vendetta. Talk about Bipolar!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall > Sessions > Old Ass Nash

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall is slow and not much of a threat offensively. Yes, he's a good passer. I think his high assists are more of a factor of the offense than his ability though. Blake was averaging almost 8 APG before he went down. Still waiting to see him play some defense.

Marshall is not a starting PG in this league. Plus he stands around doing nothing while his teammate is getting pushed around. I understand not wanting to do anything to get kicked out of the game, but you have get into the fray and stand up for your teammate. No throwing punches or anything like that, but get in there and help separate things. Show some support. He stood around at the 3-point line and then criticized Swaggy post game.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting to see him play some defense.

him and the rest of the team

Plus he stands around doing nothing while his teammate is getting pushed around. I understand not wanting to do anything to get kicked out of the game, but you have get into the fray and stand up for your teammate. No throwing punches or anything like that, but get in there and help separate things. Show some support. He stood around at the 3-point line and then criticized Swaggy post game

that was shameful on him standing out there twittling his thumbs and the other guys on the floor....they should all be called out for not sticking up for their mate. I don't care if our team is depleted that's just a normal credo amongst team sports to stand up for your teammate. You know we had Artest he'd be the first to pop somebody. That was a cheap shot and to see all 5 of their team go after Swaggy got me going....that's what made it more insulting too.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Swaggy is none too pleased with the lack of support by his teammates. This ought to just drive a wedge right down the middle of things and Don'tknowi will be standing there with his fingers up his ass basically wondering what to do.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don'tknowi will be standing there with his fingers up his ass basically wondering what to do.

that's pretty much what he did, shrugged his shoulders, when he was asked about it post-game. The culture in this team will need to change obviously. We knew there would be growing pains with this group trying to play together with some players considered cast-offs, etc. Part of the rebuilding process no doubt about it. Just hard to fathom from what we're used to seeing with previous winning teams.....

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
him and the rest of the team

that was shameful on him standing out there twittling his thumbs and the other guys on the floor....they should all be called out for not sticking up for their mate. I don't care if our team is depleted that's just a normal credo amongst team sports to stand up for your teammate. You know we had Artest he'd be the first to pop somebody. That was a cheap shot and to see all 5 of their team go after Swaggy got me going....that's what made it more insulting too.

I'm still pissed. That's a big deal to me. To stand around and not do anything while your teammate is getting pushed around is a big deal.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Nick doesn't get suspended for Friday's game. You know he'll be fired up to play the piece of the shit Celtics for the first time in a Laker's uniform.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts at the top Lakersrule. Nobody gives a shit because there so much money that short Buss believes everything he touches will somehow turn to more gold. Well, this is ain't.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teammates should give a shit about their teammates regardless of the what is going on at the top.

Swaggy is suspended for tomorrow's game in Beantown. The Lakers did sign Manny Harris. Curious to see this guy. He's been lighting it up in the D-League.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There Are 2 Names...

That are wayyyy at the top of my wish list in this years draft:

1) Dante Exum - 6'6 PG from Australia
2) Marcus Smart - 6'4 PG Okie State

These 2 guys are the best PG prospects out there, and 3rd is not even close. A top 6 pick likely gets us 1 of them. Top 5 may be a shoe in. If we are anywhere outside the top 8 - forget about it, and we may as well go for a big man.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall is slow and not much of a threat offensively. Yes, he's a good passer. I think his high assists are more of a factor of the offense than his ability though. Blake was averaging almost 8 APG before he went down. Still waiting to see him play some defense.

Marshall is not a starting PG in this league. Plus he stands around doing nothing while his teammate is getting pushed around. I understand not wanting to do anything to get kicked out of the game, but you have get into the fray and stand up for your teammate. No throwing punches or anything like that, but get in there and help separate things. Show some support. He stood around at the 3-point line and then criticized Swaggy post game.

That's pretty much what I see out of Marshall as well. The raw stats can be misleading because even on bad teams, guys will get stats. I'd add that if you watch Marshall in the course of a possession, he has a tendency to get himself into trouble. He'll dribble into a dead end, miss a pass, pass up a shot, etc etc because he hasn't quite figured out exactly where he and others are on the court at a given time. It's rare for a player to have those kinds of flaws to develop into a quality starter. But I could see him being a decent back up if he cleans up his court awareness some and can work in a reliable floater.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what the Lakers need. Dissension in the locker room.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news Lakersrule about Manny Harris. He may see some action tomorrow night with Swaggy out.

DimesD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news Lakersrule about Manny Harris. He may see some action tomorrow night with Swaggy out.

Yeah I get that Harris is suppose to be a PG and we're short at that position. But he's not really playing PG, when Harris is in there, Meeks takes the ball up. I see skills in Harris but the fact is he's taking up around 20 minutes a night and shooting 30% while jacking up 8 shots a game not getting alot of assists.

Kaman is sitting there with his DNP and asking - this guy just got here and he's getting 20 minutes/8 shots. I bet I could shoot 30% from the arc.

Seriously, D'Antoni is all whacked up. Wesley played only14 minutes agaisnt Chicago. He's more important in the Lakers future than Harris ever will be. Especially, when Farmar, Kobe return. meeks is playing PG when kendal rests anyways, let Wes get his minutes not Harris.