• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

where do lakers end up in draft?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Lakers pick up Doug McDermott out of Creighton. He's only 6'8", slightly short for a PF, but the dude has skills. He's averaging 24 pts and 7 rebounds, and is shooting 48% from the field, 90% from the free throw line, and 43% threes. He would fit in nicely with D'Antoni's system (not that I want him around), but he is good enough to function at a high level in a more conventional system too.

I have no idea where he will be drafted, but my guess is that the Lakers would have to have a Top Ten pick to draft him.

Hhhmm!! interesting

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Lakers pick up Doug McDermott out of Creighton. He's only 6'8", slightly short for a PF, but the dude has skills. He's averaging 24 pts and 7 rebounds, and is shooting 48% from the field, 90% from the free throw line, and 43% threes. He would fit in nicely with D'Antoni's system (not that I want him around), but he is good enough to function at a high level in a more conventional system too.

I have no idea where he will be drafted, but my guess is that the Lakers would have to have a Top Ten pick to draft him.

I don't actually see McDermott in the top 10! Maybe not even in the top 15.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the potential Nash trade with Toronto is going to gain traction and it may include a third team. My guess is Memphis. Toronto really wants to jettison Gay's huge contract and Nash has mentioned he'd like to play some time in Toronto. This may involve sending Gasol to Memphis who has stated he wants to play with his brother. The Lakers would receive Rudy Gay and draft picks from one or both teams. This is what the Lakers were trying to get out of those bums in Cleveland but to no avail. So, like everyone is stating, things will probably change in the next 5-6 weeks on a number of levels.

Gay got traded to the Kings about a month ago.

As far as the pick goes, just take the best available player. It's that simple. Well...unless its #1. Then it gets tough. Parker is the surest thing but I absolutely love Joel Embiid. Had my eye on him at the start of the season when people were talking Wiggins and every time I see him, he impresses me more and more.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcome Retro. As for McDermott being a 2nd rounder at best, I can't argue against that too much, because I can't possibly watch enough college hoops to see all the talent out there. But I have been impressed with him when I've seen him play. Who are the PFs that are better than him?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your welcome DownSetHutch. I don't watch much college hoops either. I usually get my info from the talking heads. Like every body else, they are right some times and sometimes they are wrong.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since Kobe went out + Farmer + Blake etc...the lakers are getting buried. 36 by the Clippers. It is time to cut bait with Gasol and get anything in the 1st or 2nd round. The lakers need to retool and they need to start it yesterday.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers currently have the 8th worst record. Unfortunately (or not) I think they'll keep dropping in the standings. They barely have enough players to suit up a starting lineup. This road trip is going to be brutal. The 8th worst record may not be good enough for a top 3 pick, but they are getting close.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since Kobe went out + Farmer + Blake etc...the lakers are getting buried. 36 by the Clippers. It is time to cut bait with Gasol and get anything in the 1st or 2nd round. The lakers need to retool and they need to start it yesterday.

It's going to be tough to trade Pau for the kind of assets that the Lakers need. A 1st rounder for this summer is not going to happen. Mitch may have to be creative with a couple of teams to make something work. I agree that it is time to cut bait. It's been that time for awhile.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they get a second and a player like they wanted from Cleveland, I'd take that deal easily. The Lakers had better come up with something for Pau in the next 5 weeks or so or they'll lose out on the rebuilding process.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they get a second and a player like they wanted from Cleveland, I'd take that deal easily. The Lakers had better come up with something for Pau in the next 5 weeks or so or they'll lose out on the rebuilding process.

Cleveland may have been the best chance even if it was only a second rounder. Getting below the luxury tax threshold this season may have been worth it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers currently have the 8th worst record. Unfortunately (or not) I think they'll keep dropping in the standings. They barely have enough players to suit up a starting lineup. This road trip is going to be brutal. The 8th worst record may not be good enough for a top 3 pick, but they are getting close.

I read where one of the assistants or equipment guys or someone was having to scrimmage with them so they could scrimmage 5 on 5 and even he got hurt!!:L

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the rate they're going, they will end up with the number 1 pick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking HATE seeing this team lose.

But knowing that we may possibly pick up the future face of the franchise does give me hope.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fellas, now that the tank has arrived it's a lot easier to accept, tank on Lakers! Then hopefully we get a future superstar to package with Kobe, if that doesn't scream out "Kevin Love" for next year then idk what does.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way things are going, I can see the following happening.

Lakers get a solid draft pick, possibly top 10 or even top 5 and pick up a solid vet or 2 in the off-season. They have a solid, possible playoff team next year. They sign Kevin Love or other max level FA to pair with Kobe for a deeper playoff run in the final year of Kobe's 2 year deal. Kobe retires and the Lakers use the resultant cap space to add Russell Westbrook or another max level FA.

The Lakers have some young, athletic players who can make some nice pieces to put around a couple max FA's.