• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When LSU had to cancel a home game with UF due to a hurricane

How did UF respond when Baton Rouge was hit by a hurricane a day before a scheduled game with UF?

• A) offering to steal LSU's home game and then whining when LSU did not agree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B) offering to fly in and play in an empty stadium the next day then whining when LSU didnt agree

• C) whine that LSU did not agree to move the game to Houston or Mobile or some other location

• D) playing the game at the end of the season in Baton Rouge without whining about it

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it actually cost anybody if the committee meets one week later?

The amount of precipitation in Gainesville is not the point. Firstly, nobody knew exactly which way the storm would go - ucf also postponed their home game this past weekend. Secondly, trying to play a football game that would be attended by 90,000 people in the midst of a natural disaster would have been ridiculous. Were we to just give the victims the middle finger and suck down lots of resources and impede rescue/cleanup efforts because we couldn't be bothered to simply delay a game for another weekend?
I'd reply, but you're an ignorant fuck, that know's everything and thinks CFB should worry about a team who bitched out. Two florida athletic teams participated in NCAA events this weekend and the football team wasn't one. No surprise. Gators had 38 in a row reeled off on them, then played Vandy, and finally just said fuck it and ducked LSU.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd reply, but you're an ignorant fuck, that know's everything and thinks CFB should worry about a team who bitched out. Two florida athletic teams participated in NCAA events this weekend and the football team wasn't one. No surprise. Gators had 38 in a row reeled of on them, then played Vandy, and finally just said fuck it and ducked LSU.

my my my aren't we the grumpy one.

The Miami area was only lightly brushed by Hurricane Matthew which was well past the area by the time of the game. It was a different case for the First Coast region of Florida where damage was far more extensive. Both of the Division I programs in the region which had home games postponed them.

Now in the spirit of your post, kindly go choke on a bag of dicks.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my my my aren't we the grumpy one.

The Miami area was only lightly brushed by Hurricane Matthew which was well past the area by the time of the game. It was a different case for the First Coast region of Florida where damage was far more extensive. Both of the Division I programs in the region which had home games postponed them.

Now in the spirit of your post, kindly go choke on a bag of dicks.
Gainesville was untouched by Matthew...... Miami took more damage than fucking Gainesville.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gainesville was untouched by Matthew...... Miami took more damage than fucking Gainesville.

A) there was no way to know Matthew would not continue veering Left and thus do far more damage

B) While Gainesville was not hit hard, the region was thus making it impractical to tie up resources for a football game that can always be played later.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) there was no way to know Matthew would not continue veering Left and thus do far more damage

B) While Gainesville was not hit hard, the region was thus making it impractical to tie up resources for a football game that can always be played later.
There was no reason to go all PC bro and postpone the game on Thursday. Why didn't y'all play today? Or tomorrow?

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 people died during hurricane matty ice, if the gators played probably woulda been 10

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no reason to go all PC bro and postpone the game on Thursday. Why didn't y'all play today? Or tomorrow?

Hotels are still full of evacuees and first responders. State resources eg Cops and EMTs are working flat out on cleanup and rescue operations and as the state told us would be the case several days ago, are not available.

You've been told this umpteen times in this thread. What is it you fail to grasp? You cannot hold a big event like an SEC game and simply not have any security or any EMTs available.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 people died during hurricane matty ice, if the gators played probably woulda been 10

Why is it oh so important to you that a football game happen this past weekend instead of simply delaying it for another weekend when it would not impede recovery efforts?

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hotels are still full of evacuees and first responders. State resources eg Cops and EMTs are working flat out on cleanup and rescue operations and as the state told us would be the case several days ago, are not available.

You've been told this umpteen times in this thread. What is it you fail to grasp? You cannot hold a big event like an SEC game and simply not have any security or any EMTs available.
:burt: I can get a hotel room at the Homewood Suites by Hilton for 149$, in Gainesville, tomorrow night. Your a fucking joke.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it oh so important to you that a football game happen this past weekend instead of simply delaying it for another weekend when it would not impede recovery efforts?
I'd be fine if it was going to be rescheduled but it won't..... I don't blame LSU for not wanting to play 3 away SEC games and not cocky enough to think all of college football should back up everything because there was .87" of rain in gainesville.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt: I can get a hotel room at the Homewood Suites by Hilton for 149$, in Gainesville, tomorrow night. Your a fucking joke.

Do you mean to tell me hotels were not filled with evacuees and first responders from the First Coast region?

YOU'RE a fucking joke who is motivated far more by your calculation of your football team's interest than doing the right thing by victims of a natural disaster. Pathetic.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their isn't another weekend......

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine if it was going to be rescheduled but it won't..... I don't blame LSU for not wanting to play 3 away SEC games and not cocky enough to think all of college football should back up everything because there was .87" of rain in gainesville.

UF has proposed Nov 19th or the first weekend of December. Contrary to the douchebag propaganda put out there by attention whores in the media, UF very much wants this game. UF stands to make millions from it after all.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean to tell me hotels were not filled with evacuees and first responders from the First Coast region?

YOU'RE a fucking joke who is motivated far more by your calculation of your football team's interest than doing the right thing by victims of a natural disaster. Pathetic.
Dude the Sweatwater branch is slashing prices from 180 to 155 because no one is there.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude the Sweatwater branch is slashing prices from 180 to 155 because no one is there.

Dude I know people in Gainesville...I know people from Jacksonville. There were plenty of evacuees from that entire region who moved inland and filled hotels.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to change all of college football, due to .93" of rain one weekend.

You want to place football above recovery efforts from a natural disaster...to just give victims the middle finger in order to play a damn game....one that could be played later as has been done in the past.