• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LADOTD to cancel I-10 lane closures. Why? Because of confidence in LSU beating Ole Miss

Pokes-WalkingBoss

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,807.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did DOTD cancel some Interstate 10 lane closures? Confidence in LSU beating Ole Miss
Followed notifications
Please log in to use this feature

Two days after announcing next week's Interstate 10 single-lane closures, DOTD has canceled them for next Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Why? LSU's "inevitable victory" over Ole Miss.

Saturday night in Death Valley: LSU, Ole Miss set for nighttime kickoff in Tiger Stadium
LSU's football matchup with Ole Miss will kick off at 8:15 p.m. and will be televised by ESPN, the Southeastern Conference office announced Monday.

Story Continued Below

"Due to increased traffic from LSU's inevitable victory on Saturday, September 29, we are cancelling the lane closure that evening. Geaux Tigers!" DOTD proclaimed in an updated press release Thursday night.

The Tigers are set to kick off at home against Ole Miss (2-1) at 8:15 p.m. that night. It will be the latest kickoff time so far this season for No. 6-ranked LSU (3-0, 1-0 SEC).

The now-canceled single-lane closure was set for eastbound Interstate 10 between Highland Road and La. 73 from 7 p.m. Saturday until 9 a.m. Sunday.

:dhd:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are pretty safe from a backfire.

Pokes-WalkingBoss

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,807.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are pretty safe from a backfire.

Just an FYI, if you or anyone you know are coming to BR later this year make sure you adjust schedule for travel if using 10.

I drive this specific route daily and I spend 2 good hrs in traffic with a game.

My suggestion is for those coming from east to use I-12 (especially from Ole Miss) much easier.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an FYI, if you or anyone you know are coming to BR later this year make sure you adjust schedule for travel if using 10.

I drive this specific route daily and I spend 2 good hrs in traffic with a game.

My suggestion is for those coming from east to use I-12 (especially from Ole Miss) much easier.

Well I drive 10 almost daily.

But I'm about 2000 miles away. :lol: