• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When is Kirby Smart going to Georgia?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor today he could be their new DC someday

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Smart would go to UGA to be a DC. HC, for sure, but I don't see Smart leaving for a lesser program to be a DC. JMO......

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he wants to get out from under Saban to prove his worth???

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he has to get out from under Saban to prove his worth. His work already speaks for itself.

I would agree...I heard this on Bill King this morning on the way to work...I thought they were fucking around at first

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see Smart leaving unless it is a trip to the NFL or a head coaching position in CFB. - Shit! By this time next year he could be Florida's head coach.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should leave. Lots of people question whether Kirby can stand on his own or is simply a product of Saban. Personally, I would offer Narduzzi or Mason first. Given the growth of the spread in the SEC, Mason might be my first call

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby doesnt need to prove a thing to anyone about his being able to stand on his own. Saban lets him call his plays and coach his defense when the assistants under him arent doing a good enough job. Kiby makes too much money for Georgia to offer him a lateral move like that. Georgia is notorious for being skinflints when it comes to paying its assistants and coordinators. Look at their DC leaving for almost decent money at Louisville but was still being paid peanuts at GA. Last i heard Smart is making almost double what Grantham got to go to Louisville(could be wrong) but that says that Georgia isnt coming off the hip to get Smart unless they are looking at a possible replacement if Richt doesnt win big this coming year. IMO Smart is one of the top 3 DC's in the country and his record speaks for itself over the last 5 years as DC.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby doesnt need to prove a thing to anyone about his being able to stand on his own. Saban lets him call his plays and coach his defense when the assistants under him arent doing a good enough job. Kiby makes too much money for Georgia to offer him a lateral move like that. Georgia is notorious for being skinflints when it comes to paying its assistants and coordinators. Look at their DC leaving for almost decent money at Louisville but was still being paid peanuts at GA. Last i heard Smart is making almost double what Grantham got to go to Louisville(could be wrong) but that says that Georgia isnt coming off the hip to get Smart unless they are looking at a possible replacement if Richt doesnt win big this coming year. IMO Smart is one of the top 3 DC's in the country and his record speaks for itself over the last 5 years as DC.

Yeah but he has only interviewed for one job and that was a pretty desperate Auburn. Malzahn interviewed at multiple schools and could have had Vandy but Smart doesn't seem to be getting those calls while at Alabama which is strange. I guess he could be turning them down but common sense tells you to interview if only to gain experience.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he has only interviewed for one job and that was a pretty desperate Auburn. Malzahn interviewed at multiple schools and could have had Vandy but Smart doesn't seem to be getting those calls while at Alabama which is strange. I guess he could be turning them down but common sense tells you to interview if only to gain experience.

From what i have heard he has had some interest but then it turns to money and he is already making more than some are offering as a base starting salary as a first time HC. I dont see him leaving for just any school like some have done. I think Saban gets along well with Kirby and he trusts him to make the right calls, so he has gotten him good money to stay and they might have even discussed his position with the organization after Saban leaves. Many among the Alumni base feel he has been told he is next in line when Saban leaves, but this is just rumors among some i know.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what i have heard he has had some interest but then it turns to money and he is already making more than some are offering as a base starting salary as a first time HC. I dont see him leaving for just any school like some have done. I think Saban gets along well with Kirby and he trusts him to make the right calls, so he has gotten him good money to stay and they might have even discussed his position with the organization after Saban leaves. Many among the Alumni base feel he has been told he is next in line when Saban leaves, but this is just rumors among some i know.

I have had that feeling for sometime now that he is in a "coach in waiting" position without it being official.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to have him or Narduzzi. I think Narduzzi is much more likely at this point, though I'm still holding on to the fact that Smart and his wife went to UGA lol