• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the scenario where USC plays Oregon for the Pac-12?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stranger things have happened. quick look at the past results shows for last 4 years its been a close game every year. cant see why it would change this year. not saying they win it but I expect it to be a td or less for winner

I know that. I said that. Just because upsets and spoilers have happened in the past doesn't mean they are likely. There is still football and difficult games to played, but the current Arizona State football team appears to be the best either of those schools have fielded since the late 90s.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that. I said that. Just because upsets and spoilers have happened in the past doesn't mean they are likely. There is still football and difficult games to played, but the current Arizona State football team appears to be the best either of those schools have fielded since the late 90s.

Didn't ASU go like 10-2 Erickson's first season in Tempe?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't ASU go like 10-2 Erickson's first season in Tempe?

Yes, but it was a very fools gold sort of team. They played no one and went undefeated up until they got (iirc) an injury-ruined, also fake Cal team and got a big boost there. Then they got mauled by USC, Oregon and Texas.

This team is 8-2 against one of the more difficult schedules in the country. If they win out, which they're technically favored to do, they'll have gone 10-2 against what Massey calls the #1 SOS in the country. They just seem a lot more reliable than the past teams with moderate success, too. We all sort of knew Erickson's first team wasn't for real, though none of us would admit it at the time.

This year just feels different. Could be fooling myself, games have to be played, yada yada. All caveats apply, but I think it's probably the best either of us have been since the two late 90s teams.

Last edited by a moderator: