• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's Homer thinking?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rick Nash headed for Philadelphia?

CSNPhilly.com's Tim Panaccio reported Saturday that the Flyers are in serious discussions with the Columbus Blue Jackets to acquire Nash's services.

According to Panaccio, Columbus general manager Scott Howson is seeking forwards Brayden Schenn and Sean Couturier -- or one of them with several other players. Philadelphia just acquired defenseman Luke Schenn -- Brayden's older brother -- last week.

Nash carries a $7.8 million cap hit over the next six years. The Blue Jackets' captain had 30 goals and 29 assists in 2011-12.

I say screw it-they have enough scoring,he costs too much IMO,and they're giving up 2 young guys that both had great starts to their careers.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read that yes, Homer has asked about Nash again and that yes, it is pretty steep still, but that the "real" reason for negotiating was to drive up the price on the Rangers who are simply rabid at the thought of getting Nash....

Here's hoping the convoluted conspiracy theory is correct.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rick Nash headed for Philadelphia?
Tim Panaccio reported Saturday that the Flyers are in serious discussions with the Columbus Blue Jackets to acquire Nash's services.

According to Panaccio, Columbus general manager Scott Howson is seeking forwards Brayden Schenn and Sean Couturier -- or one of them with several other players. Philadelphia just acquired defenseman Luke Schenn -- Brayden's older brother -- last week.

I say screw it-they have enough scoring,he costs too much IMO,and they're giving up 2 young guys that both had great starts to their careers.

:shocked:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmfao, he wants schenn AND couturier.. lol, he wont be able to get either of them

poor bastards.. luongo and nash are basically down to 1 team bids, they aren't going to be able to get anything for them

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, could you imagine Nash on a line with Claude Giroux? That would probably be the best line in hockey with you or I on the other wing...lol

That said, I wouldn't even give Couturier straight-up for Nash. Why? Nash is going to cost us $6.5 million more and Couturier will probably be as good defensively over his contract as Nash will be offensively. So, you're really not gaining anything at the end of the day and Nash is 9 years older, which really hurts us in the long run. It'd be insane to package Couturier and Schenn for Nash. You're taking on a ton of salary just to be better offensively and worse defensively, which doesn't help us get a Cup.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read and 2 firsts is as high as i would go.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll agree with that. Read and picks are a lot more expendable to us than Schenn or Couturier due to age difference and all of the much younger talent we'd still have. As you know, Read is 26 already, not 19 or 20. That's a huge difference to me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I wouldn't even give Couturier straight-up for Nash. Why? Nash is going to cost us $6.5 million more and Couturier will probably be as good defensively over his contract as Nash will be offensively. So, you're really not gaining anything at the end of the day and Nash is 9 years older, which really hurts us in the long run. It'd be insane to package Couturier and Schenn for Nash. You're taking on a ton of salary just to be better offensively and worse defensively, which doesn't help us get a Cup.

Agreed. Couturier is a vital part of the team's future, imo. And Ryan seems like a better fit, if the Flyers are going to trade for a forward.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Couturier is a vital part of the team's future, imo. And Ryan seems like a better fit, if the Flyers are going to trade for a forward.

Definitely. Ryan is younger, probably not yet even in his prime and has a much better looking cap hit of $5.1 million total.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This May get us Ryan. I prefer Ryan over Nash. I still think we get Ryan today for a similar package you mentioned. Possibly a dman in the mix.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This May get us Ryan. I prefer Ryan over Nash. I still think we get Ryan today for a similar package you mentioned. Possibly a dman in the mix.

With all do respect to Matt Read, that's a huge upgrade to our team if Homer could pull off that trade for Ryan.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all do respect to Matt Read, that's a huge upgrade to our team if Homer could pull off that trade for Ryan.

Agree. I think Murray has already done the damage and has to trade Ryan for the best package out there. Wait until Suter and Parise are off the table first. Ryan would be a perfect fit here. I really think Homer will pull off some magic today.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I think Murray has already done the damage and has to trade Ryan for the best package out there. Wait until Suter and Parise are off the table first. Ryan would be a perfect fit here. I really think Homer will pull off some magic today.

Hell, he's from Cherry Hill, NJ. He probably grew up a Flyers' fan and would fit in perfectly on the top line. I'd sure as hell rather have him there than Jagr, who is just a little too old and slow to keep up defensively.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, he's from Cherry Hill, NJ. He probably grew up a Flyers' fan and would fit in perfectly on the top line. I'd sure as hell rather have him there than Jagr, who is just a little too old and slow to keep up defensively.

Can you imagine the Schenn brothers and a local boy Bobby Ryan all playing in orange and black? It's very possible this could happen. Only in like a Madden like video game where these things can happen, but this really can become a reality. I know of two teams who really want Ryan badly. Philly and Buffalo. I think we have an advantage over Buffalo.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Homer entertains trading away a bunch of Good young talent for Nash, I will come to Philly and stab that Cocksucker 13 times in the neck!! Hope your reading this Homer... Get after a Fuckin defenseman!!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Homer entertains trading away a bunch of Good young talent for Nash, I will come to Philly and stab that Cocksucker 13 times in the neck!! Hope your reading this Homer... Get after a Fuckin defenseman!!!!

I will up the ante to 14 stabs to the neck with a dull butter knife haha! No way he's doing that hopefully just raising the price on the rags. I def wany Ryan more but prefer one more solid dman.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will up the ante to 14 stabs to the neck with a dull butter knife haha! No way he's doing that hopefully just raising the price on the rags. I def wany Ryan more but prefer one more solid dman.

It would def be great to land a strong D man without ransoming the farm. Thought bringing Leighton back was a good cheap move also. Homer has proved me wrong with a lot of moves already, but I still want a solid Defensive wall this year, lol. Hope he doesn't disappoint..

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing Leighton back? Uhhhhhhh...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i guess Homer is sending Bryz the message, "this is your team", only reason i see them bringing in such a non threat like Leighton to back him up.