• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Rangers(2) vs Philadelphia Flyers(3)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details to follow.

First game, tomorrow 7:00PM
5emLyqL.png

Ne8Cw1m.png

Team Statistics:

Goals Per Game: N/A
Goals Against Per Game: N/A
Goal Differential: N/A
PP Efficiency: N/A
PK Efficiency: N/A
Face Off Efficiency: N/A

Team Leaders:

Goals: N/A
Assists: N/A
+/-: N/A
PIM: N/A
TOI/G (Defenseman): N/A
TOI/G (Forward): N/A

Starting Lineup:^

Rick Nash / Derek Stepan / Martin St. Louis
Benoit Pouliot / Derick Brassard / Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin / Brad Richards "A" / Jesper Fast
Brian Boyle / Dominic Moore / Daniel Carcillo

Ryan McDonagh / Dan Girardi "A"
Marc Staal "A"/ Anton Strålman
John Moore / Kevin Klein

^ Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Henrik Lundqvist

GP: N/A | W: N/A | L: N/A | OT: N/A
GA: N/A | SV%: N/A | GAA: N/A | SO: N/A N/A

Healthy Scratches:

Raphael Díaz
Derek Dorsett
Ryan Haggerty

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc
[F] Chris Kreider [DTD] — Hand Surgery; Out indefinitely

Team Statistics:

Goals Per Game: N/A
Goals Against Per Game: N/A
Goal Differential: N/A
PP Efficiency: N/A
PK Efficiency: N/A
Face Off Efficiency: N/A

Team Leaders:

Goals: N/A
Assists: N/A
+/-: N/A
PIM: N/A
TOI/G (Defenseman): N/A
TOI/G (Forward): N/A

Starting Lineup:^

Scott Hartnell "A" / Claude Giroux "C" / Jakub Vorácek
Michael RafflTye McGinn / Brayden Schenn / Wayne Simmonds
Matt Read / Sean Couturier / Jason Akeson
Zac Rinaldo/ Vincent Lecavalier / Adam Hall

Braydon Coburn / Kimmo Timonen "A"
Nicklas Grossmann / Mark Streit
Luke Schenn / Andrew McDonald

^ Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Ray Emery

GP: N/A | W: N/A | L: N/A | OT: N/A
GA: N/A | SV%: N/A | GAA: N/A | SO: N/A

Healthy Scratches:

Steve Downie
Hal Gill
Jay Rosehill

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

[G] Steve Mason [DTD] – Upper-body injury; "Whiplash"

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyer fans all over the net, including here, talking about playing dirty to injure Mac. So fucking typical of that fan base. I wouldn't expect anything less.

I hope we fucking sweep them!!! Fuck Philly!

I can't wait to see G and Mac lockdown Giroux and his line! Make them look like sissies

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac on radio with Michael Kay yesterday talks about his shoulder.

• What percent is your shoulder, “I’m not going to put a number on it. Anybody at this time of the year, playing a large amount of games, you will never be fully 100% a but I am excited to get the uniform back on and get ready for the playoffs.”
  • Could you have played Saturday, “I told the coaching staff and told AV that I was ready to go and ultimately he chooses the lineup and who will go and he decided it would be better to give a few more days of rest and he pulled some more guys off for rest as well.”

And then MSL was on with Francesa

• On the playoffs, “I mean, everyone is excited about getting this underway. The Flyers are a good team, they had a tough start but played really well in the second half. I’m new to this but I have seen the rivalry from a distance and I am looking forward to it.”
  • On scoring in the playoffs, “the biggest thing in the playoffs is that it’s a tighter game. You have to elevate the emotions a little bit and trying to play a grittier game. I try to go to scoring areas. I like to say that I play hard every game bu there is another level that I can get to in the playoffs. I try to help my team win and bring the things that I can bring. I am known for some of my offensive but I think in the playoffs it’s important to play a total game.”

MSL, be huge!!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason out, Emery in.

11:55AM: Mason will NOT play tomorrow. [ame="http://twitter.com/sbaickerCSN/status/456460737062645760"](Sarah Baicker) [/ame]
11:32AM: Emery doesn’t know if he is starting yet. [ame="http://twitter.com/tpanotchCSN/status/456455158029774848"](Tim Panaccio) [/ame]
11:19AM: Steve Mason did not practice today for the Flyers so it appears likely that Ray Emery will start in goal tomorrow for game one. (CSN Philly and Philly.com)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEQP9fH8-p0]Broadway vs Broad Street - New York Rangers/Philadelphia Flyers 2014 Playoffs - YouTube[/ame]

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxKzY7WcWlw]Broadway vs. Broad Street: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it your all, play every shift like it's your last! Hustle, non-stop, create plays, watch for nuetral zone turnovers. Protect Hank in front, get in front of Emery and screen him(looking at you, Boyle) Start the game on the right foot, roll all 4 lines.

Let's start this series off with a bang!! LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one word, Berube described the style he wants Claude Giroux, Voracek and Scott Hartnell to play against McDonagh as "unfulfilling." Unless they have a clear break to carry it in the offensive zone, Berube has instructed his players to dump the puck in New York's end, particularly in McDonagh's direction, to see whether they can pin the should-be Norris Trophy candidate behind his net and create scoring opportunities that way.

Fred Shero employed that tactic 40 years ago on Bobby Orr when the Flyers won their first Stanley Cup. But for a 2014 Flyers team that has evolved into a more possession-conscious team, this will be a marked change of pace.

"You can't let him force turnovers at the blue line, because he's just a killer," Berube said. "It's kind of an unfulfilling way for a player to play - because you don't want to give the puck up. I talked to our team today about grinding it out. Just wait for your opportunities.

"To try to beat him wide with speed, other than Voracek, [McDonagh is] probably going to win that battle a lot of times."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...VrxMpYxWQjk.99

Enjoy playing dump and chase all game. We'll see how that works. lol

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy playing dump and chase all game. We'll see how that works. lol

Hmm, I think I see Berube's reasoning behind playing a dump & chase style against Ryan McDonagh. Really you want to find a way to neutralize him on the defensive end & the best way to do that is probably to send the puck deep into the Rangers' zone & pin him against the boards. Not saying it 'll work 100% of the time but it's probably their best bet in keeping McDonagh out of the play.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I think I see Berube's reasoning behind playing a dump & chase style against Ryan McDonagh. Really you want to find a way to neutralize him on the defensive end & the best way to do that is probably to send the puck deep into the Rangers' zone & pin him against the boards. Not saying it 'll work 100% of the time but it's probably their best bet in keeping McDonagh out of the play.

It's a typical Flyer tactic, try to injure somebody. Watch tonight how many times they attack and aim for his shoulder.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobster tuning in, should be an intense playoff battle between the Flyers & Rangers!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they said we were soft! LOL

Hitting every Flyer on ice, using the body, smart