• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whats franklin worth?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i truly hope there are some moronic front offices out there who think that franklin has as much "upside" as some idiot m's fans.

z will still mess it up, though.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true, but remember when we turned down offers for Ryan Anderson, Jeff Clement, and Antonio Perez
True, at the same time we have given up guys like Adam Jones, Shin So Choo, Asdrubal Cabrera, Rafael Soriano, etc. etc. Unfortunately its damned if you do and damned if you don't as an M's fan most of the time:doh:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, at the same time we have given up guys like Adam Jones, Shin So Choo, Asdrubal Cabrera, Rafael Soriano, etc. etc. Unfortunately its damned if you do and damned if you don't as an M's fan most of the time:doh:

I think those were all Bavasi moves so those don't count. :lol:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention a guy named David Arias we traded for Dave Hollins back in 1996 in our failed playoff run that year. That Arias kid turned out to be probably better than any player we ever traded....and that is saying as lot.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention a guy named David Arias we traded for Dave Hollins back in 1996 in our failed playoff run that year. That Arias kid turned out to be probably better than any player we ever traded....and that is saying as lot.

He certainly went on to have a great career after we traded him, but I don't think he was better than at least two guys that we ended up trading. We did trade Griffey and Randy Johnson after all. Griffey was still considered to be in the middle of his prime (and already a lock for the Hall of Fame) when we traded him to Cincinnati (injuries ended up cutting that prime much shorter, of course, but we didn't know that would happen at the time) and Randy was already one of the best pitchers in the game, and even though he was in his mid-30's when we traded him, he went on to win 4 straight Cy Young Awards with Arizona after we traded him. I will say that Ortiz is probably at the head of the list of great players we've traded before they became great.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to prospects that we traded who became std major leaguers.