• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's cooking?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, back on topic...here's what I'm thinking of cookin'. Lately, I have had a hankering for some good, hot chili verde. I once cooked at a very good Mexican restaurant, and the owner's family recipe for chili verde is the best I ever had, so what better way to kick off the new Frost era than with some real, home made food that's not afraid to fight back a little!
Sounds good. My sisters lived in California for the last 40 years. She can make some fantastic mexican food.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah same thing just velvVelv and ground beef . sometimes we do a buffalo chicken cheese dip that is the bomb

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, back on topic...here's what I'm thinking of cookin'. Lately, I have had a hankering for some good, hot chili verde. I once cooked at a very good Mexican restaurant, and the owner's family recipe for chili verde is the best I ever had, so what better way to kick off the new Frost era than with some real, home made food that's not afraid to fight back a little!
You talking about green chili verde? Any recipes you care to share?

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good. My sisters lived in California for the last 40 years. She can make some fantastic mexican food.
Ironically, I learned my Mexican cooking in Montana. The boss was straight out of So Cal, though, and, of course, family origins in Mexico. Does your sis make chili verde? Good chili verde is a truly sublime and transcendent experience.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yalls got me going, I might thaw out a pack of dicks just like whatever

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yalls got me going, I might thaw out a pack of dicks just like whatever
Well, while your dicks are thawing, here's something to whet your appetite. We did Huevos Rancheros this way...
Start with a warm soft corn tortilla, and add a light layer of refried beans. Then the eggs, cooked however ya like 'em, go on that, covered with the chili, and some Jack cheese, and dig in!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, while your dicks are thawing, here's something to whet your appetite. We did Huevos Rancheros this way...
Start with a warm soft corn tortilla, and add a light layer of refried beans. Then the eggs, cooked however ya like 'em, go on that, covered with the chili, and some Jack cheese, and dig in!
Now that you mention it I was thinking about running a pot of ox tail pinto beans, I need to can some more up for this winter. My buddies Mother makes fresh homemade tortillas from scratch to die for

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you mention it I was thinking about running a pot of ox tail pinto beans, I need to can some more up for this winter. My buddies Mother makes fresh homemade tortillas from scratch to die for
Homemade tortillas (sigh) You lucky dog! Hard to find really good tortillas. One of the ladies I work with makes real tamales on occasion, and they are GOOD!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homemade tortillas (sigh) You lucky dog! Hard to find really good tortillas. One of the ladies I work with makes real tamales on occasion, and they are GOOD!
Nothing like fresh tamales, the hatch chili harvest just started here, great time of year with fooseball season right around the corner

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking at tortilla presses recently. I'm torn between my love of the Mexican silverware, and my need to cut out carbs.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been looking at tortilla presses recently. I'm torn between my love of the Mexican silverware, and my need to cut out carbs.
Right, it’s awful. The only carbs I can’t cut, will not cut, are from Mexican food

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just made a fire rack in the side box on mine. It used to be right in the ash pan and it was hard to get the air through that you needed about 3/4 of the way in to a butt. Made a rack about 6 inches up to put the wood on. Can't wait to try it.
Chores are done. I have pressure washed both drives and the front porch and patio, sealed the patio and painted garage doors.
Now all I have to do besides watch football is fill the fridge with beer.
PARTY ON THE PATIO!!!!

And since I have cut the cord it is nothing to put a tv out on the patio to watch the games.

:hammer:

I’m too lazy to take my tv off the wall

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They called me daily for at least 3 months and I went through the same thing when I told them to disconnect. "But you do know we have our own streaming service, don't you." I am so happy now, just wish they would do something with the price of the webz now.

And yep @it'sHuskers4me streaming it all, very little problems. I did have Hulu tv at first and it sucks. Youtubetv is great, very little problems and when there is it is because the only place I can get my internet is Charter. Hulu and Netflix have some great original series.
Oh and we have Amazon Prime too but don't use it much. Got it for the two day shipping.

My mother still has cable. I asked if I could pay her bill online once as a present

Of course son. I love you for that.

User name and password hijacked....

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mother still has cable. I asked if I could pay her bill online once as a present

Of course son. I love you for that.

User name and password hijacked....
Tell me about it, my daughter has my cable name/password and I had her Netflix info. I got a new TV and needed her info as she plugged in the old info in but she was dragging her feet so I told her I was changing my cable password. Man did she shoot me a text with her info within seconds.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
French Dip Sandwiches. Or if me and the wife is at the game. It will be Val's

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone uses a Weber kettle grill, the Vortex for the Weber cooks wings like nothing Ive seen. Ill prolly get like 5-8 lbs or so on marinade for this weekend