• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's cooking?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am planning to increase my girth this weekend.

Saturday No Fry Buffalo wings with some bbq for the faint of heart and cheesy bean dip.

Sunday, Two butts, two racks spare ribs and two racks baby backs going on the smoker along with a pan of beans to be eaten with Isis' famous tater salad.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making chili in the crock pot for GameDay.

Sunday I'm firing up the smoker and smoking a big ol' Boston butt.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just let me know where to show up and i'll be there.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am planning to increase my girth this weekend.

Saturday No Fry Buffalo wings with some bbq for the faint of heart and cheesy bean dip.

Sunday, Two butts, two racks spare ribs and two racks baby backs going on the smoker along with a pan of beans to be eaten with Isis' famous tater salad.

:duck:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making chili in the crock pot for GameDay.

Sunday I'm firing up the smoker and smoking a big ol' Boston butt.
I just made a fire rack in the side box on mine. It used to be right in the ash pan and it was hard to get the air through that you needed about 3/4 of the way in to a butt. Made a rack about 6 inches up to put the wood on. Can't wait to try it.
Chores are done. I have pressure washed both drives and the front porch and patio, sealed the patio and painted garage doors.
Now all I have to do besides watch football is fill the fridge with beer.
PARTY ON THE PATIO!!!!

And since I have cut the cord it is nothing to put a tv out on the patio to watch the games.

:hammer:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just made a fire rack in the side box on mine. It used to be right in the ash pan and it was hard to get the air through that you needed about 3/4 of the way in to a butt. Made a rack about 6 inches up to put the wood on. Can't wait to try it.
Chores are done. I have pressure washed both drives and the front porch and patio, sealed the patio and painted garage doors.
Now all I have to do besides watch football is fill the fridge with beer.
PARTY ON THE PATIO!!!!

And since I have cut the cord it is nothing to put a tv out on the patio to watch the games.

:hammer:
I need about 50' of coax cable to watch it on the patio.

ETA : looks like rain possible on Saturday. I'll stay inside.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to cut the cord man. And it's isolated showers around here which means if you're under a cloud you are going to get dumped on if you're not it is going to be hot and sticky.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we'll cut the cord when the contract runs out next year.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between YouTube TV, Hulu, and Netflix I'm paying a little over $50 a month and getting way more than what I owed paid over $165 for from DirecTV. And it doesn't go out in the rain

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between YouTube TV, Hulu, and Netflix I'm paying a little over $50 a month and getting way more than what I owed paid over $165 for from DirecTV. And it doesn't go out in the rain
All streaming?
Friday I am having a colonoscopy :yes: I only agreed to do it because that is how they found my bros advanced prostate cancer. I guess I'm 7 years over due anyway. My prostate test already came back negative.

Hopefully Saturday, I am eating every effing thing I can get my hands on. I made a 6 pound rump roast with all the fixings last night for my clan and the vulchers ate it all. Fareway Foods had roasts on sale for $2.99 lb and you can't get hamburger for that.

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told DirecTV to pound sand this summer, and it feels like I just got out of jail. Only problem is DirecTV can't seem to accept it. I got a call about a month ago and they were just so concerned about me and why I dumped them. I told them they were ridiculously over-priced, and then all those "great offers" started. When I could get a word in edgewise, I asked them what happens after 6 months..."Whatever do you mean", they asked. I said that was when the price quadruples, and then I would be stuck with yet ANOTHER contract to buy my way out of. "But, WE have streaming packages, too!", they said. I told them I knew that, and that was why I went with YouTube. I thanked them for their touching concern, and cordially invited them to never call me again.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told DirecTV to pound sand this summer, and it feels like I just got out of jail. Only problem is DirecTV can't seem to accept it. I got a call about a month ago and they were just so concerned about me and why I dumped them. I told them they were ridiculously over-priced, and then all those "great offers" started. When I could get a word in edgewise, I asked them what happens after 6 months..."Whatever do you mean", they asked. I said that was when the price quadruples, and then I would be stuck with yet ANOTHER contract to buy my way out of. "But, WE have streaming packages, too!", they said. I told them I knew that, and that was why I went with YouTube. I thanked them for their touching concern, and cordially invited them to never call me again.
Just tell them your living an electronics free lifestyle.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They called me daily for at least 3 months and I went through the same thing when I told them to disconnect. "But you do know we have our own streaming service, don't you." I am so happy now, just wish they would do something with the price of the webz now.

And yep @it'sHuskers4me streaming it all, very little problems. I did have Hulu tv at first and it sucks. Youtubetv is great, very little problems and when there is it is because the only place I can get my internet is Charter. Hulu and Netflix have some great original series.
Oh and we have Amazon Prime too but don't use it much. Got it for the two day shipping.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tell them your living an electronics free lifestyle.
Oh I quite enjoyed telling them their service is way over priced and there are several other options at a fraction of the price.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dadgummit I hijacked my own freaking thread!!!

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nacho beef cheese dip. Lil Smokies wings

cavecookie

Pickin' and Grinnin'!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dadgummit I hijacked my own freaking thread!!!
OK, back on topic...here's what I'm thinking of cookin'. Lately, I have had a hankering for some good, hot chili verde. I once cooked at a very good Mexican restaurant, and the owner's family recipe for chili verde is the best I ever had, so what better way to kick off the new Frost era than with some real, home made food that's not afraid to fight back a little!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nacho beef cheese dip. Lil Smokies wings
What is the nacho beef cheese dip? I make cheesy bean dip with Picante sauce, refried beans and velveeta in a crock pot. Add some loose meat hamburger sometimes. Is it similar?