• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was up with that "Ice Spice" chick at the SB?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they not pay into the system as well?

Again, I think the Boomers problem was they worked too hard for too long and didn't take care of their kids properly, at least that was my experience growing up with other kids of Boomers. Many had parents that just weren't around or grew up in split homes that each parent competed against the other in buying their kids affection. (not all, but I saw this scenario in several families)

Instead of being there for their kids, they spent their time working and just tried to give them things in replacement of themselves. Many were great employees, but lousy parents. This created entitled kids who are now producing even more entitled kids that don't want to work. I had friends who were given everything (money, cars, cushy jobs) and blew it all. Many times for drugs and/or alcohol. They would live at home and even steal from their parents till they were finally kicked out (many times in their 30's).

I actually look up to the Boomers for their work ethic, but several of them really did a poor job parenting.
Great employees are pieces of shit. Helping no one except some even older pieces shit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this about that commercial were the Beckhams couldn’t remember Spice Girls?

That was a good one.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that "my" generation is going to bankrupt SS that, of which, you have been paying into for 34 years. I been contributing longer so If there isn't any cash left for you when you retire boo fuckin hoo.

this would be why we are in the situation we are in.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she's pretty cute.

She probably won't age well, though.

But for right nowsies...

Way To Go Thumbs Up GIF

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think she's pretty cute.

She probably won't age well, though.

But for right nowsies...

Way To Go Thumbs Up GIF

She's one of those that look good at that right angle and bleh at another. There is no way she's cute without makeup on.

She's not my thing and I tend to go for light to medium toned black chicks.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's one of those that look good at that right angle and bleh at another. There is no way she's cute without makeup on.

She's not my thing and I tend to go for light to medium toned black chicks.
So hypothetically...

You're single and minding your own business...

And she throws herself at you...

... what do you do?

200w.gif

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hypothetically...

You're single and minding your own business...

And she throws herself at you...

... what do you do?

200w.gif

if a multil million dollar rapper who's damn near 20 years younger than me wants to throw herself at me what would I say?

I'm game obviously!

The above opinion is in the hypothetical universe where I have choice of every available woman on the planet and where she'd rank. So of course a universe that could only exist in theory lol.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this thread does not disappoint in terms of being full of nonsense.

Ice Spice is famous for having a nice badonkadonk ass. That does speak to the cultural moment we are in. Not complicated.

As for the stuff @fightinfunbags said on Boomers, it's basically accurate. They are having a hard time accepting that the culture is slowly but surely moving past their cultural orbit into a new one. The selection of Usher as halftime show was a strong sign that the nostalgia trip that is a halftime SB performance has moved beyond Boomers and even Gen X to Millenials now, who can wax nostalgic as they see a 45-year-old Usher attempt his old dance move and sing his old hits. Once you understood that, Usher made sense as a halftime show.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if a multil million dollar rapper who's damn near 20 years younger than me wants to throw herself at me what would I say?

I'm game obviously!

The above opinion is in the hypothetical universe where I have choice of every available woman on the planet and where she'd rank. So of course a universe that could only exist in theory lol.
I was unclear... in my hypothetical, I was thinking only thinking about her looks... (she's not a multimillionaire or famous, she just looks like she does).

But I hear you.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this thread does not disappoint in terms of being full of nonsense.

Ice Spice is famous for having a nice badonkadonk ass. That does speak to the cultural moment we are in. Not complicated.

As for the stuff @fightinfunbags said on Boomers, it's basically accurate. They are having a hard time accepting that the culture is slowly but surely moving past their cultural orbit into a new one. The selection of Usher as halftime show was a strong sign that the nostalgia trip that is a halftime SB performance has moved beyond Boomers and even Gen X to Millenials now, who can wax nostalgic as they see a 45-year-old Usher attempt his old dance move and sing his old hits. Once you understood that, Usher made sense as a halftime show.

Boomers can't understand that they aren't the center of the universe any longer. pretty simple.

I don't like Ice Spice whatsoever. And I hate most current rap music. But I also understand everyone 30 and under don't care about my opinion. And soon as my generation shifts to being mostly grandparents...our children become the audience the Super Bowl and the like target.

But yea Boomers...most of the music Usher was singing Sunday is 15 to 20 years old. Stop and think how irrelevant that makes your musical tastes to the general public.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was unclear... in my hypothetical, I was thinking only thinking about her looks... (she's not a multimillionaire or famous, she just looks like she does).

But I hear you.

man...yea but dead ass serious I wouldn't make her my gf or anything. If for no other reason that she isn't hot enough to make up for being stupid like all 24 year olds.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomers can't understand that they aren't the center of the universe any longer. pretty simple.

I don't like Ice Spice whatsoever. And I hate most current rap music. But I also understand everyone 30 and under don't care about my opinion. And soon as my generation shifts to being mostly grandparents...our children become the audience the Super Bowl and the like target.

But yea Boomers...most of the music Usher was singing Sunday is 15 to 20 years old. Stop and think how irrelevant that makes your musical tastes to the general public.
In fairness to them, this was bound to happen. Since their birth, they’ve been the target of everything when it comes to marketing, Madison Ave, etc…because the demographic was so huge and has always represented a big fish. Now they don’t move the needle anymore. When you become conditioned to having the whole world revolve around you it’s difficult to deal when that condition goes away.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to them, this was bound to happen. Since their birth, they’ve been the target of everything when it comes to marketing, Madison Ave, etc…because the demographic was so huge and has always represented a big fish. Now they don’t move the needle anymore. When you become conditioned to having the whole world revolve around you it’s difficult to deal when that condition goes away.

No doubt.

Really my biggest issue with Boomers started when I got into the workforce. You saw time and again unions agree to grandfather in deals for themselves (Boomer aged) and take an enormous dump on everyone that followed. This created a multitude of tier systems in a lot of union based organizations and their excuse was always "well someone from that group needs to step up and negotiate for them"

Really? YOU are in charge now. This is YOUR responsibility. To look out for future fellow union members.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt.

Really my biggest issue with Boomers started when I got into the workforce. You saw time and again unions agree to grandfather in deals for themselves (Boomer aged) and take an enormous dump on everyone that followed. This created a multitude of tier systems in a lot of union based organizations and their excuse was always "well someone from that group needs to step up and negotiate for them"

Really? YOU are in charge now. This is YOUR responsibility. To look out for future fellow union members.
Yep. The concept of a “pension” will mostly be enjoyed by one generation. Our generation needed to start retirement planning and making contributions the second we entered the work force or we would never retire. These jabronis didn’t even have to invest in an education to get their foot in the door either. Pensions just dropped in their lap.

Maybe next we can analyze how they ruined society’s respect for authority and destroying the institution of marriage by making divorce a given and a right of passage in life.

First generation of Americans to leave the nation worse off than the one they inherited. Sad.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, the world still generally revolves around Boomers. They control most of the wealth and most of the power in the USA. Because people are living longer, they remain very relevant. It's just that the world is slowly making room for their successors and they seemingly can't cope.

The Usher halftime show was seriously a turning point. I am a Gen X guy and I work with a bunch of Millennials. People my age were all scratching our heads about who would want to watch Usher, until we talked to our work colleagues who were a little younger. That's when we realized it was because to them this is kind of what it was like for us to see Prince in the Super Bowl. That's basically the analogy.