• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was the 'Main Strip' you drove around in your town.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just up in the thumb... Sebewaing every fall for duck hunting. Bay Port, Grindstone... it's pretty cool out there.

heard that...:suds: Saginaw Bay and the whole flat-ass empty thumb are duck heaven...decent walleye grounds too. We're planning a quick trip to St. Clair in November (will be in ELansing to see your pretentious skunkbears take it on the chops :whistle:again)...am hoping to get in a day of muskie fishing on Lake St. Clair before it freezes.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know, the kids now a days don't drag race like we did back in the day.
I never see any of that out on the streets.
I guess it interferes with texting and shit.

Yeah, I feel fortunate to have come along at the very end of the "normal" times when kids didn't have bullshit "devices" stuck in their damn face all the time. The result for us was basically "Dazed and Confused" good times.

We fucking TALKED to each other and "texting" wasn't a fucking verb then.

It was a better way of life.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I feel fortunate to have come along at the very end of the "normal" times when kids didn't have bullshit "devices" stuck in their damn face all the time. The result for us was basically "Dazed and Confused" good times.

We fucking TALKED to each other while leaning out the window of the car going down main and "texting" wasn't a fucking verb then.

fify :D

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We fucking TALKED to each other and "texting" wasn't a fucking verb then.

Funny. The other day we were driving down the road, and there was these 2 guys in a truck. The passenger had his head in his lap.

I was like - that dude is rolling a fatty. Because when I was young, if your head was in your lap, that's what you were doing. My wife pointed out he was probably just texting. :doh:

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my younger days, NE Salem, OR had "The Gut" and I did my share of racing with my "sleeper". It was a '66 Fury conv that was multi-colored w/ 5 slots in back, stock steel rims w/o covers in front. A warmed 383ci, dual exhaust, Carter THQ, launched a fender length on everyone I raced and never gave back the fender length.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Alabama - Krogers parking lot. :lol:

In Nashville, we didn't have any strips to cruise, but we hung out at the Bellevue mall a good bit.

I went to Bellevue HS.

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Phoenix, Central Avenue was where to cruise. Now the cops allow 1 night per year to cruise it. Mostly everyone just parks and walks down to the mall to hang out for a few hours and there's so much "other" traffic, the few hot rod and custom cars trying to cruise get lost in the sea of regular cars.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in my actual home town, but would drive about an hour to Salem, VA on Saturday afternoons for a weekly cruise-in. Then head over to Williamson Road in Roanoke. Drive around for a few circles and sit at Hooters outside patio watching the strip with my friends. Every now and then someone would get a race and head a few miles away to run on the 3 lane highway (typically after midnight so very few cars on the road then).

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cops were assholes in my town, so we didn't do the strip thing. There was a big huge giant parking lot on a main drag that people would hang out at on Friday and Saturday nights in town, but we were in the suburbs and outskirts so we didn't make the drive in. I guess our "strip" was just the dirt roads outside of town.

same here, grew up in San Dimas, CA and it seemed like there was a cop for every 10 cars on the road. We cruised Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Strip a lot... but we were way out of our league there. Our main strip was an old road that led up to big bear mtn where we would drink, never saw cops up there.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Hopkins Crossroad in Hopkins MN was were the big cruises were, lots of stop light to stop light racing.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main strip through through Los Gatos.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to think of it, I just don't see any drag races any more at all.
Use to be, years ago, you would see 2 guys coming off a red light pretty regular.
Not just on the 'strip', but in everyday driving.

What the hell happened to that. All I see now are aggressive women in big SUV's.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Strip in Tuscaloosa, University BL where all the bars are next to Bryant Denny Stadium looping around Caplewood DR.

But I was country boy so I spent most of my time "cruising" the dirt roads and Sipsey Swamp in my '78 GMC 4x4 on 44's.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. The other day we were driving down the road, and there was these 2 guys in a truck. The passenger had his head in his lap.

I was like - that dude is rolling a fatty. Because when I was young, if your head was in your lap, that's what you were doing. My wife pointed out he was probably just texting. :doh:

I saw and thought this exact same thing 2 weeks ago while glancing over at a car beside me.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the HS parking lot, through town, a right on "tobacco road" which eventually looped back around to the HS parking lot. We called it tobacco road because when we cruising down that route you had just enough time to smoke a cigarette before coming back to the parking lot.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same here, grew up in San Dimas, CA and it seemed like there was a cop for every 10 cars on the road. We cruised Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Strip a lot... but we were way out of our league there. Our main strip was an old road that led up to big bear mtn where we would drink, never saw cops up there.

Now that was a fun time, back in the late 70's - early 80's. I would usually get a ride from friends there, and then just hang out and stroll around, and usually ended up in someones car by the end of the night.

Good times.....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY good thing about Salinas, Ca in the early 80's was the main street cruise. Far too many good times to remember, and, the best of which I have probably forgotten. Those were some poluted times for me back then. But, still fun. And, how I did not end up arrested 99 times is a mystery.