• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do with the Trade Exceptions?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only counter to that CD is DEN doesn't really know what they are doing.

1) Fire the Coach of the year Karl after he makes it to the 2nd round of the playoffs

2) They have a bunch of their cap tied up in McGee/Lawson/Galinari

3) Give a team within their division their best players , thank you DEN!

Mcgee is a headcase, Galiniari is a talented player (when he isn't injured), Lawson seems to be a nice player, but he needs more help. Hickson is a nice energy player up there, but that's basically it.

Anyone really see them making it past the 1st round of the playoffs this year?

Not really sure why DEN would trade him, other than for the roster space I suppose, I would offer a
2nd round pick in '15, or even '16 if we still had it. They have Nate Robinson to play the back up Point at this moment anyway.

Denver has four solid players in Chandler, Mozgov, Lawson, and Faried. I'd rate Galinari behind those four. Their problem is the 2: Foye and Fournier are kind of a disaster. Unfortunately, you're correct about my fellow alum McGee...he's kind of Anthony Randolfish...

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters could be available?

Doesn't exactly solve our PG or PF needs, but having another scorer off the bench couldn't hurt.

We could our Brandon Rush TE for him, seems as if the Andre Miller train isn't coming this way, atleast not yet.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Waiters could be available?

Doesn't exactly solve our PG or PF needs, but having another scorer off the bench couldn't hurt.

We could our Brandon Rush TE for him, seems as if the Andre Miller train isn't coming this way, atleast not yet.

Cleveland could certainly get a lot more for Waiters than a little bit of salary relief, which is all that the TPE would net them. They're going to want significant talent back. So forget about getting Waiters unless you're talking about trading away a talented player or two (i.e. Barnes would almost certainly be part of a deal, which is not to say that I see them as 1-for-1 exchangeable).

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is pretty desperate for scoring, right? Lee and Bazemore for Varejao and Waiters, get it done!

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is pretty desperate for scoring, right? Lee and Bazemore for Varejao and Waiters, get it done!

Speaking of which, Cleveland just dropped a 10 point first quarter against Boston, holy crap (they only had 3 points with about 3 minutes left in the quarter).

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, Cleveland just dropped a 10 point first quarter against Boston, holy crap (they only had 3 points with about 3 minutes left in the quarter).

CLE is in trouble, not sure what they were doing overpaying for Jack, bad teams have to over pay I guess.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the HOU GM is out of their mind

In what world is Asik worth 2 1st round picks?, HOU has some nice pieces, but when you are counting on D12 to be your 2nd best player, you are in trouble. They will probably still finish in the top 5 in the west, barring injuries, but their lack of bench is going to cost them.