• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the f....................?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why am I having a problem with this? A "metrics" manager is still sucking off the 'over 80' RBI as his excuse to keep a dead-in-the-water stiff in the lineup. Keep sucking on the lie, Price. Not very many people are buying this shit.

Marlon Byrd slumping at plate for Reds
| CBSSports.com
Reds outfielder Marlon Byrd was one of baseball's leading hitters in spring training, but he's tailed off at the plate since the regular season started.

Byrd is hitting .132 this season, with five base hits.

"We’re definitely going to have way more leeway with a veteran player that’s got career numbers," manager Bryan Price said, per MLB.com. "He’s coming off a year where he hit 25 homers and drove in over 80 runs. That doesn’t just disappear because he struggles for a 10-game stretch. I’m looking forward to him breaking out and the impact it will have on our lineup, for sure. I haven’t lost any faith that he’s going to have a real nice year for us."

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 5 hits??????? I didn't think he had that many

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price said a lot of those yesterday.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe our problem with the Reds is "a failure to communicate".

How do you think the following line of questioning would be recieved by the Reds ?

Fan:
Who was the Reds f-ing genius that decided F-ing Marquis and f-ing Gregg could f-ing get Fing outs in MLfingB ? Or were they just the cheapest Fing bullsht answers you could Fing find for Fing wasting so much Fing money paying Fing old guys and Fing cripples 2 year deals you could t Fing afford Fing better than them ? And since when is it a good Fing idea to replace washed up ass $9 Fing million dollar Ludwick with another Fing $9m 2 year Fing old guy in another 2 year Fing deal ? Im glad Walt is about fibg out of non fing tetired ex Cardinals to fing hire, so a fing rookie might get a chance to hit .230 and strike out 200 times making a fing fraction of those worthless fing pieces of schidt he signs. And since no one on this Fing team can hit a Fing lefty, you would Fing think that one of you stupid fling assholes would have Fing wanted a Fing lefty starting Fing pitcher of your own, wouldn't you? What the fuk ate you savibg him for- the pne fing game a werk tou actually hVe a fing lead in the fing 9th? I guess you had to fing hite Price fir a discoubt after letting Dusty run it up our ass for 6 fing years...I mean, if you Fing guys Fing think that we fans can't Fing tell you don't have a Fing clue how to Fing win why do we even Fing bother ? I mean we could just Fing give you yes sit no Fing sir, and go root for the Fing Indians.

Of course, we should issue an apology the next day, but they would have probably had us arrested and removed by the police first.

It funny, really. People take themselves and others, way too seriously.

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ I'm crying right now, lmfao. So true.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my first thought on this was, society has come a very long way when we feel it necessary to count the number of times a man utters an obscenity that is used every day by 6th graders all over the country.

Aside from that, look at who Price lashed out at? The ONE group of people who can do him the least amount of real harm, no more than they already do. He probably would have preferred to say this to his underperforming herd of "athletes" who go 36 innings and score 4 runs. He could yell at the fans or the GM or the God of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Instead, he went after the people he probably loathes the most -- Rosecrans in particular, who has a history of being a fart in a space suit.

I'd guess Price said afterward to his team: Any questions?

But your tirade is 'PRICE'less, 1507!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe our problem with the Reds is "a failure to communicate".

How do you think the following line of questioning would be recieved by the Reds ?

Fan:
Who was the Reds f-ing genius that decided F-ing Marquis and f-ing Gregg could f-ing get Fing outs in MLfingB ? Or were they just the cheapest Fing bullsht answers you could Fing find for Fing wasting so much Fing money paying Fing old guys and Fing cripples 2 year deals you could t Fing afford Fing better than them ? And since when is it a good Fing idea to replace washed up ass $9 Fing million dollar Ludwick with another Fing $9m 2 year Fing old guy in another 2 year Fing deal ? Im glad Walt is about fibg out of non fing tetired ex Cardinals to fing hire, so a fing rookie might get a chance to hit .230 and strike out 200 times making a fing fraction of those worthless fing pieces of schidt he signs. And since no one on this Fing team can hit a Fing lefty, you would Fing think that one of you stupid fling assholes would have Fing wanted a Fing lefty starting Fing pitcher of your own, wouldn't you? What the fuk ate you savibg him for- the pne fing game a werk tou actually hVe a fing lead in the fing 9th? I guess you had to fing hite Price fir a discoubt after letting Dusty run it up our ass for 6 fing years...I mean, if you Fing guys Fing think that we fans can't Fing tell you don't have a Fing clue how to Fing win why do we even Fing bother ? I mean we could just Fing give you yes sit no Fing sir, and go root for the Fing Indians.

Of course, we should issue an apology the next day, but they would have probably had us arrested and removed by the police first.

It funny, really. People take themselves and others, way too seriously.

Pure gold :pound:

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Brian Fing Price lit a fing fire under the fing Reds fing offense. Or maybe the fing Brewers just fing suck.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Hoover has an 8-run lead and he walks 2 guys in a row.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fat fucker can't even get through the inning with an 8-run lead.

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like that we have a game again, I'm available Reds call me up to pitch.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badenhop the ground ball pitcher has given up 2 HR and a fly ball to the warning track. Can't wait to see what his fly ball outs are like.

chico ruiz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bravo!! 1507 author! author!!

now, i don't feel so alone in my criticisms of wally. for a while there i thought i was the only one who realized wally was handed a pot of gold in 2008 and has subsequently squandered it. i applaud you sir.

so, price lost his cool with rosecrans. i read that conversation a week ago, as transcribed by rosecrans. blah blah blah. rosey does it again. the irony of your lampoon (post) is, of course, it very literally is about communication, or lack thereof; particularly evolved relationships with your subjects. price didn't get a chance to tell skipworth he was being sent down before trent tweeted tucker was at the airport, or whatever. might want to focus on writing about the game trendy trenty (you're rosecrans, not rosenthal). you know, the ins and outs, ups and downs, vast nuances of the great game. you know trent, like we do on this board, for the most part. turns out, fans in cincinnati actually know the game. it's difficult to grow up in cincinnati and not know the great game from just about every angle. did you know that rosey? maybe you should write about the 'inside' game's hopeful reemergence. actually, baseball strategy of any kind coming from your key strokes would be a start. or maybe talk to an actual ballplayer about a actual game. that might be interesting. oh, i forgot, they probably don't want to talk to you at all. price's rant (a bonafide rant) sounded eerily similar to one of my recent posts on the subject. i didn't use the expletives. i simply explained why i don't think he's very good at his job, and why phillips may have had some justification for his particular tirade. did you hear that dusty? my OBP isn't good enough to bat 2nd. brandon's response ensued and was probably the only combination, of the particular four letter word in question, that price did not use.

btw, in your post #159, 'on the next 12 games……' thread, you hit the nail right on the head. even the moderately successful pitchers i've observed in mlb have the ability to throw off-speed stuff confidently when their down 2-0 in the count. price talks a lot about fastball location, but mlb batters can hit 90-95 mph number #1's located anywhere close if they're sitting dead red.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best lefty in team history hasn't pitched in a week.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-10 is a good D football score. Glad we got the W.

Thrilled the Reds padded some bat stats, and Marquis was expectedly hittable, but this team gave up 10 runs to the worst current offense in the league. Think about that for a second.

All else considered, I kind of got my wish for tonight's matchup- most of the blowpen was used, AC wasn't, so I'm wishing for Cueto and Chapman only in the sweep game. I wouldn't ever expect a lead with Marquis pitching, or trust any lead with this bullpen.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1507 with the post of the year. That was gold.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great one 1507,, I am confused about Prices rant or what ever it was. He made because the media did they're job? I have always liked Price, but after Dusty I would have liked anyone.

Seems to me, that Price and Jocketty are more worried about keeping things "secret" Than they are about fixing problems with the Bullpen. Hitting, and coaching the team.

I am a baseball fan, I buy the tickets, spend my money on all the ways, that they get you for in professional sports. I believe I have the right to know who's on the team and who's not.

The last several years this team has been very hush hush about injuries, thinking that the opposing team is going to use it against them if they find out who is hurt or not hurt. I see this to be a very little of an advantage.

I don't see or I'm just ignorant, of other teams doing this hush, hush shit

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I agree, Price lost his cool and his critical thought-process, obviously frustrated more with Mesoraco's injury than someone reporting it. Price just helped Rosecrans make Price look stupid and out of control, which made his story a lot bigger than it would have been otherwise. Rosecrans 1, Price 0.

There is a lot behind the scenes that isn't told or reported, and the Reds thought process is that Reds beat writer(a) from local papers should be allies of the Reds, spin to their advantage, have descretion with info the Reds want private, etc. and I get that sentiment, I just think that implied "trust" is completely unwarranted and unrealistic, given the fact that if writers don't write, they don't eat.

Shock sells, and Rosecrans style has been critical in the past, because it's more controversial than good PR. Good 'ol Hal McCoy lost his gig at Dayton Daily News, the Reds allowed him access as a freelance guy to still earn a living covering the Reds, and the old fart still fanned BP's Cards "bitch rant" into a fistfight as soon as he could. What kills me is the Reds still let McCoy in afterward. But hey, if you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it. This was just one of Bryan Prices lessons learned.