• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team is the biggest threat to KC winning their 7th straight AFC West title?

What team is the biggest threat to KC winning a 7 straight West title?

• Las Vegas

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Denver

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • LA Chargers

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Football festive potato salad

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I think some of that fading now part is overblown. They averaged 28.7 points per game over the final 7 games of the season last year (I would consider that the point when Wilson started looking healthy and trusting his finger to hold up). That would have ranked 3rd in the NFL if carried over the entire season. And that stretch included both playoff teams and some scrubs. 4 of those games they scored 30 or more. So that is the last snap shot we have of Seattle with Wilson. Are we really going to call that fading? He wasn't perfect by any means as obviously had the dud against the Rams. That seemed to be the team that Wilson struggled the most with even when fully healthy and in his prime so I'm not going to read too much into that.

And we shall see if Wilson can adjust his game as he gets older. I do admit that is one of my concerns. If he cannot adjust to at least half the time instead of scrambling taking the easier throw that is wide open then yes his time in Denver could be shorter than most hope. I think Wilson is smart enough to realize his game has to evolve. It is one of his greatest assets in my opinion is that attention to detail and intelligence.

I also have to wonder when QB's switch teams if there isn't at least for a year or two a bit of a revitalizing to their career. Maybe a change of scenery is just what they needed. Brady has done better in Tampa than the last couple of years in NE. Stafford obviously just won a Super Bowl and really had things clicking by the end of the year. Manning when he came to Denver saw himself put together some of his best seasons of his career. These guys love playing when others think they are fading to prove them wrong.
Change of scenery might be just what the doctor ordered for Wilson, changing OC didn't help in Seattle, but getting traded might be what he needs to commit to changing his game and throwing to the middle of the field. He been insisting on throwing long against cover 2 type of coverage where the WRs were double covered ( when going long) and the middle of the field is where you need to go to make the defense pay in those types of defensive coverage's. Guess we'll have to wait and see how it works out.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I think some of that fading now part is overblown. They averaged 28.7 points per game over the final 7 games of the season last year (I would consider that the point when Wilson started looking healthy and trusting his finger to hold up). That would have ranked 3rd in the NFL if carried over the entire season. And that stretch included both playoff teams and some scrubs. 4 of those games they scored 30 or more. So that is the last snap shot we have of Seattle with Wilson. Are we really going to call that fading? He wasn't perfect by any means as obviously had the dud against the Rams. That seemed to be the team that Wilson struggled the most with even when fully healthy and in his prime so I'm not going to read too much into that.

And we shall see if Wilson can adjust his game as he gets older. I do admit that is one of my concerns. If he cannot adjust to at least half the time instead of scrambling taking the easier throw that is wide open then yes his time in Denver could be shorter than most hope. I think Wilson is smart enough to realize his game has to evolve. It is one of his greatest assets in my opinion is that attention to detail and intelligence.

I also have to wonder when QB's switch teams if there isn't at least for a year or two a bit of a revitalizing to their career. Maybe a change of scenery is just what they needed. Brady has done better in Tampa than the last couple of years in NE. Stafford obviously just won a Super Bowl and really had things clicking by the end of the year. Manning when he came to Denver saw himself put together some of his best seasons of his career. These guys love playing when others think they are fading to prove them wrong.

Well Seattle also had the luxury of playing some of the worst run defenses in the league when Wilson got healthy and Penny was going off for once in his career.

But yes I see where you're coming from. We'll see how this season pans out with Wilson, he's of course a hard working guy and will 100% put in the effort. He's also playing for a massive contract this year so that will factor into things as well. Maybe the change of scenery and a contract year will get him to throw over the middle of the field and not hang onto the ball forever lol.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seattle also had the luxury of playing some of the worst run defenses in the league when Wilson got healthy and Penny was going off for once in his career.

But yes I see where you're coming from. We'll see how this season pans out with Wilson, he's of course a hard working guy and will 100% put in the effort. He's also playing for a massive contract this year so that will factor into things as well. Maybe the change of scenery and a contract year will get him to throw over the middle of the field and not hang onto the ball forever lol.

I hope so. I really don't want to be holding my breath every single time Wilson takes a hit worrying his season is done. And I do agree having Penny played into that offensive explosion. Having Wilson back in the lineup though also helped Penny where teams did go back to that cover-2 shell. Last year no team saw more 8-man boxes in the NFL than that of the Broncos. No one respected their QB and no one cared about trying to stop the deep ball. I might be a bit of a homer here but the idea of Williams/Gordon against lighter boxes has me picturing the Broncos with a top-5 running attack this year. The game might not be all on Wilson's shoulders this season for the team to have success.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I really don't want to be holding my breath every single time Wilson takes a hit worrying his season is done. And I do agree having Penny played into that offensive explosion. Having Wilson back in the lineup though also helped Penny where teams did go back to that cover-2 shell. Last year no team saw more 8-man boxes in the NFL than that of the Broncos. No one respected their QB and no one cared about trying to stop the deep ball. I might be a bit of a homer here but the idea of Williams/Gordon against lighter boxes has me picturing the Broncos with a top-5 running attack this year. The game might not be all on Wilson's shoulders this season for the team to have success.

Ya with Wilson you definitely have to respect the deep ball. It should open up the run game quite a bit, sadly Seattle hasn't had a RB that can stay healthy for a while..... hopefully you guys have some success, preferably after this season where us Seattle fans would prefer the Broncos go 0-17 for draft picks :D

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya with Wilson you definitely have to respect the deep ball. It should open up the run game quite a bit, sadly Seattle hasn't had a RB that can stay healthy for a while..... hopefully you guys have some success, preferably after this season where us Seattle fans would prefer the Broncos go 0-17 for draft picks :D

I had somewhat a similar thought when Von Miller was traded this last season to the Rams. In some ways I wanted him to have success because I appreciated all that he had done for this franchise. On the other end I wanted some great draft picks and was almost cheering for them to lose every week. Then of course they go and win the dang Super Bowl. Kind of negated those picks a bit. Although without them I'm not sure the Broncos have the ammo to trade for Wilson so have to take what I can get.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a tough question.

Eliminate LV right off the bat.

Will Denver allow Russ to cook? Can Russ still cook?

Chargers made some nice moves. But at the end of the day are they still the Chargers?

Gun to head I'm taking the Chargers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a tough question.

Eliminate LV right off the bat.

Will Denver allow Russ to cook? Can Russ still cook?

Chargers made some nice moves. But at the end of the day are they still the Chargers?

Gun to head I'm taking the Chargers.
Have to agree that they have a legit shot. I'd have to say their coaching is an area we'll see if they've improved in. Those fourth down calls last season finally caught up with them...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers
Chiefs
Broncos
Potato
Raiders.

• Facepalm